Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kelowna May Long Weekend Tourney 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Off to Kelowna!

Originally posted by MILLSY
The Goons from GEU are in the Kelowna tourney! Other than PAU, if they're going, who else is in the tournament.

I think there were 6 teams entered last year and then it fell to four. Of the four, Edmonton Italia were a good squad. They pissed on us in the first game and were expecting to walk through the final, but we played great and stuffed them 2-0.
That was worth the trip, among other things:D

I'll extend the olive branch to the geu goons;) ... at least until the final Millsy.:rolleyes:
There are other things to do than kick each other.:cool:

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
may long

well lads, the jersey list has been sent to the printers and are getting made while we speak. The hotels have been called and the "peace Arch Chess Club" will be arriving soon to claim our Three peat. Hopefully 2 left Feet won't kick in any more hotel doors and tarnish our club name. Any other teams in the men's open???

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Off to Kelowna!

Originally posted by MILLSY
The Goons from GEU are in the Kelowna tourney! Other than PAU, if they're going, who else is in the tournament. Played in this one a few years back and the calibre was quite good with VMSL teams and Edmonton and Calgary teams in the mix, is it still the same?

Not anymore. The Goons are Penticton bound now. I guess PAU will win it again.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A guy I work with is from Kelowna and going up to play with a Kelowna team...he says everything is a go and the tourney is bigger this year.
Looks like I'll be the videographer/beer garden reporter because My knee is still bunged from the semi
( but no major lig damage:) )

hopin' for sunshine:D

rickshaw

Mar 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
May Long

Hey gang, looking forward to seeing some of you ugly ****ers again this year.
I hear Robin Smalley is even in. Good thing he cut through all that red tape back last november. It went through in time and he is actually in for the first time in 5 years.

As for contacts, the guy who is putting it up is Grant Campbell.
His number is 250-868-3214 if you are interested in finding out more about the team.

See you all soon,

Rickshaw

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kelowna

Rickshaw, I even got you a jersey with your old #14 on the back, your gonna love your knickname it's priceless. LOCK up your daughters, LOCK up your wives------PAU is coming to town

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Yoda
Then he didn't hit you hard enough.

:D

...not sure if this lingering bitterness;) is from losing the league title to us by a few points, or losing to us in the bc's... :D :D ...perhaps a combination of the two:p :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cat's outta the bag

It is official... The papers sorted and signed last night!!!

Guinnesswillbeamuppetatthedance!!!;)

Like these guys::knvb: :wa: :bronco: :wa: :knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not at all

I watched from the sidelines so I didn't feel the same shame as the rest of the guys.
Actually I think that was the problem. Coach didn't sign me before the deadline so i couldn't dress.

That'll teach him.

:rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU Kelowna Champions

Just a quick comment to expess my graditude, and admiration for all members of the PAU army this May long weekend. A very solid performace by all! ......There's really only one word to describe how we have been able to rise above the others, two years in a row now, and prove we're worthy winners of the tournament......."vigilance "!!!......yeah, we might have missed out on some of the fun other teams were having all weekend at the bars, in the beer gardens, with the 30 some-odd womens teams participating in the tournament, but hey!....to get to the top, you've gotta make some sacrifices!!! I have to say, I was most impressed with how everone on the side bought into our system, and most of all adopted our team professionalism by adhering to the team rules! The 10:00 pm team curfew was followed by all to a T!!!.....including 2 left feet...... Not a peep was heard at the Travelers Choice after curfew each and every night.....even with tempting stories of many inebriated women for the taking at Flashbacks and Gotchas passed our many ears on and around the fields! No.....not one player to a man buckled under those temptations!!........and the 2 hour shifts on "room patrol" by Myself, Cainy and Coach Aves....proved to be very effective for maintaining the "mood" and "focus" in camp.
We're just proof that when a group of below average individuals combine together, with a common goal in mind.....and the will and desire to be sucessful.........the sky is the limit!! Well done lads!!

:D :D :D ;)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No.....not one player to a man buckled under those temptations!!........and the 2 hour shifts on "room patrol" by Myself, Cainy and Coach Aves....proved to be very effective for maintaining the "mood" and "focus" in camp.

Skip, I know you're kidding............but......incase you are not...........you've lost your senses!

He is kidding isn't he? :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rub-bish

I was most impressed with how everone on the side bought into our system, and most of all adopted our team professionalism by adhering to the team rules! The 10:00 pm team curfew was followed by all to a T!!!.....including 2 left feet...... Not a peep was heard at the Travelers Choice after curfew each and every night.....even with tempting stories of many inebriated women for the taking at Flashbacks and Gotchas passed our many ears on and around the fields! No.....not one player to a man buckled under those temptations!!........and the 2 hour shifts on "room patrol" by Myself, Cainy and Coach Aves....

This is hopefully one of the better piss-takes in TTP history. If it is not, then you don't deserve anything you won. You should give it back. Where is the adversity? Weak stuff, if this is true.

friedbread

Jan 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fishin'

skip, you should take up fishing. seem to know what they are biting on.............:(

congrats PAU, hopefully there was more than competition this year. looking foward to the stories..........mostly a part from the Dobin experience.

FBfeltgoodmaylongmondayforthefirsttimeinyears:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More info please

How many teams were in it this year.

Did you win the 4 team round robin again or was it an actual tournament?

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tired of winning..........again!!

Wow, my kidneys are swollen and my liver has shut down......permanently. Finally got a good night sleep last night, but still feels like I got run over by a Greyhound.

Well, the competition was a lot better this year, with 10 teams showing up. Won the first 2, won the third in OT, beat a good local team in the semi 1-0 and won the final 2-1 against a team from Alberta (who we almost got into a brawl with at the dance the night before!).

I see that Skip got a few bites with his last post........ come on people, that's too easy! I don't think we played a sober game :( As for the stories, I don't know how much I can tell on here :D Well maybe a few tidbits:

- Studsup demonstrating his own version of the Kamasutra moves :wa:

- Superfoxes and Cainy with "No game, Less game"

- Everybody loves the Party Boy ;)

- Zoly with "hahahahahahaha........what's your name again???!!"

- Something about a rookie, a phonebooth and a hummer??!! :p

oh, and from now on it's "Chief 2LeftFeet" ....... lets just leave it at that!

So there it is, another year up, more damage to the liver, more women scarred for life, another hotel we won't be allowed in, and another championship!!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage, friedbread,

Now wait a minute. This is Cainy we're talking about! Shite, you guys had a two hour meeting/thrashing after you lost to us in the exhibition game. The purple gnome is a tyrant, a regular Napoleon!

A curfew is not out of the question. I've seen Cainy in bed by ten at a tournament, with several girls and possibly a man, mind you, but it was early.

thosepeacearcherswilldoanythingtowin!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something about a rookie, a phonebooth and a hummer??!!

It depends which rookie but.....

I work with the rookie's dad sometimes. He'll be relieved to know that his son is not a homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that). Hmmm, assuming the hummer was from the opposite sex.:eek: :D

rickshaw

Mar 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Air Quality Warning has been lifted!

Skip,

Apparently there are a lot of gullable people here.

The smell of booze combined with the toxins being released from the PAU players' pores during the final, left a dull haze over most of Kelowna well into the evening.
In fact, as I look out of my back window I can see the local mountains again, so it appears the poor air quality warning for the Central Okanagan has been lifted.

Great to see you fellas this weekend. Glad to be a part of the action and the festivities.

Way to go Peach Arch (yea, that's right, Peach Arch) :D

Rickshaw (aka Crazy Legs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0