Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knight Summer League

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Judge Judy

IF I say my right, will you think I'm trying to throw you off...because its my left...or is it really my right, and I'm trying to make you think its my left ( the ol'reverse switcheroo.)

It's my left. :p

p.s. the gen2 brace has been gathering cobwebs since 1986.

"Inconceivable!"...can anyone name the Movie?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Show

Well, we had a no-show last night by Sheikh Temple. What happened, Yowen? I understand there may have been some unforeseen circumstances...

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's Sikh

We cancelled due to the death of a close team friend. It was one of the guys in the Delta plane crash on Canada Day.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vs. Rangers

Cainy, Aves, Pumper, etc.:

Me thinks we may have a different venue for your ass-whooping tomorrow.

Newton has some BC tourney or something going on.

I understand you lot graciously offered your park as an alternative.

Cheers - do we have access to the changerooms again?

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Ranger

Hey mate your right we play at our home park instead, suits us fine:D Yes we have the change rooms so bring loads of pints, I believe it's my round. See ya tomorrow;)

pumper

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope your not in to good of shape Ranger, as I would sure miss our 10 yard runs followed by a minute break to re-coup ourselves :p
I think we might need our women to car pool all the drunks out of S.Surrey tomorrow night :D

Later Boys

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 - Rangers 1

Well, those fcukers knicked another 3 points off us last night.

Not a bad game by both sides.
The ref even commented on how smooth and silky the play was.
We played a good game but just couldn't get into their third to create any lethal chances.

Kudos to Cainy for his remarkable winning goal in the second half to take the lead for good.
The roller coaster loop off my knee - then shin - whilst I perform an ankle flick lob was pure quality. :D
Left Sherley with the deer in the headlights look.
Bastage. :mad:
His generous pint afterwards eased the pain somewhat though - Cheers.

Hopefully see you in the playoffs boys - well done.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm vs. Surrey United

Went and watched the Storm TTP out of Surrey United last night: Storm 5, SU 2. What is truly amazing is that SU scored here. Shame, shame.

Train w/ 2, Sandro w/ 1, and Nick with two volleys from about 20-25 yards out each. Train and Sandro have been watching Cement-Foot-Dude miss too many sitters, because they each should have had 4.

The Storm are keeping the pressure on us- now tied at the top with points, but we have two games in hand. We have some tough games- PA, Rangers (twice), Lions, and Sikh Temple. We also have Surrey United, who we shouldn't take lightly.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. We had the game against Sikh on Tuesday, which will likely be re-scheduled.

Here's the standings, as of Monday AM:

Div. 1 GP W L T XP GF GA PTS

SC Royals 8 7 1 0 0 29 6 21
SC Storm FC 9 5 2 2 1 29 10 18
Peace Arch 1 8 5 2 1 1 20 18 17
SC Rangers 7 2 2 3 2 14 19 11
North Delta Lions 9 2 5 2 0 15 27 8
Sikh Temple 6 2 2 2 0 8 10 8
GN Sporting Club 8 1 5 2 2 14 25 7
Surrey United 7 1 6 0 0 8 23 3

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals vs. PAU looming large

PAu 2 Rangers 1
Looks like it's a 3 team race for the league title...I doubt the Rangers could overtake all 3 teams now.
This week's game was an interesting tactical match up.
Both times out the Rangers have done well with the ball out of the back and once again they were switching at will and coming at us down the flanks.
Our front 2 guys were not splitting always, the wide guys were getting drawn in and we were exposed for some deep runs by the fullbacks. Although you always like to pressure the back line, we decided to have our 2 front guys split quite wide and force the centerbacks up the middle with the ball...then we could release a center midfielder, and they would be forced to play a tighter ball forward.
Once we stopped chasing, they found it more difficult to link up to go forward, and our back line defended the searching ball very well...along with the midfielders tracking and not giving up a lot. The result was that we sponged up their attack well, and we outchanced them on the day with counter attacks. We should have scored a few more.
In the end, they pressed us hard and were unlucky not to come away with another goal. They probably think they deserved better because they carried some play, but they didn't seem to do much inside 30 yards as a team ( some good individual efforts.)
Well done Rangers, it was a fun game. :D
Dave Sherle is a class act.

lookingforwardtotheroyalsrematch:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The mighty Royals vs. mighty PA. This should be a good one! The last one wasn't really a fair indication of what we should expect, that's for sure!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we's hungry

one more sleep 'til we get us some taaaasty SFC Royals for a snack!!

nuuuummmiies:p

P-A-U!!!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dude-Where's-My-League

How many leagues are you in?????

And, how does this league compare to the Burnaby Summer League that your Surrey guys just joined this year?

pumper

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The big game !!

Peace Arch 3 Royals 2

Good game, Royals are a quality team.
Some times experience does win out over youth, and a little lady luck always helps;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos,

I’m playing in two leagues- the Knights & BSL. At the beginning of the spring, I applied to the Knights league for a spot, and was told I’d likely have to spend a year on the waiting list before getting a spot in the 1st division. So, I kept my application in, and went out and got a spot in the BSL. All of a sudden, a spot opens up in the Knights league. Since I had already committed to the BSL, I gave my Knights league spot to our club’s Premier team. We have about 3-4 guys from our Knights league team that played with us in the BSL. The rest were a mix of our 2nd div team and our first div team.

Anyhow, I would say the quality is up around the same caliber- they are both good quality 1st division / Premier leagues.

Last night’s game- a hard fought battle that went down to the wire. We were down 2-0 after 40 minutes, but fought back hard to get a goal at about 43 minutes in the first. The score should have been 1-1, if it weren’t for a dumb decision by our winger to cut a guy down in the box to give PAU a PK (which they finished). Second half, we came out hard and got a second goal within the first 10 minutes (Paul Jordan w/ his second of the night). It was looking like we were headed towards a tie & PKs, but with about 8 minutes left, the same guy who caused our PK took a real dumb-dumb second yellow card. No, it wasn’t for his blatant dive in the box, but for when he fingered the ref after he told the player to “get up”. With a player down, PA scores with 3 minutes left to go up 3-2. We had a good chance right at the end, but didn’t quite come close enough on the free kick.

Yes Pumper- experience certainly won over today. Our guy who got the red made two very dumb decisions, rather than doing what was best for the team. He was, without a doubt, the best player on the pitch all night. There wasn’t anyone close to him. He set up both goals, and was the most difficult player for your defense to contain. He was told at half to keep quiet with the ref, and to keep playing his game, but a split second of “youthful exuberance” did us in.

Great game though, and you guys were full value for the win. See you in the playoffs!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 3 Rangers 3

Cracker match.

Storm played with only 10 men for the first 15-30 minutes and we should have put them away when we had the chance.

Once they had at least 11, game changed.
We were up 2-1 at the half and the second half was brilliant.
I can't believe how many great goals were scored last night.
Without the big men out there (Train and I both nursing injuries) the game lacked a certain flair, but the match was entertaining nonetheless.
We were missing a couple of guys, so were they obviously.
Sandro wasn't there (Thank Christ).

Davie Sherle made two saves in a row in the PKs to give us the much needed two points.

Have a good weekend girls. :p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two games, baby!!!

Ranger,

Have you checked the schedule lately?

Royals vs. Rangers: 16-Jul
Rangers vs. Royals: 30-Jul

Excellent...