Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knights Cup Final

Who will win the Knights Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we've reached the finals and the matchup is as follows

Athletic Club of BC vs. Dewdney Coachmen

ACBC:
Young fast, skilled but often selfish and the individual showboating seems to hurt them the most, although they didn't have it in the Semi's. Knocked off an undefeated Arsenal to get there.
Season Record: 10-2-4
Goals For: 50
Goals Against: 38

Dewdney Coachmen:
Older but very experienced, excellent ball control and team play. Physical and surprisingly good at keeping up with the young lads. Some will say their division was weak compared to the others but maybe they were just that good?
Season Record: 15-0-0
Goals For: 65
Goals Against: 13

Who's going to take the Cup?
Place your vote.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coachmen are the favourites to win, but I think that no one takes ACBC serious (might be the bad uni's) but that's what they like ACBC are one of the more skilled teams and when they get on a roll look out they can beat anyone, when they play as a team, you don't want to wake the giant and during this cup run they look wide awake. as for the Coachmen I think they are the best team in Div2, they have guys that have won at the premier level and that will help them big time. There record speaks for it's self, the Final should be a great game.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC of today (from what I am told very different from the first half of the season) are the best team we have seen play so far. Very skilled with lots of speed. I am sure glad we are playing on grass and not turf. Turf definitely favours these young, fast teams. It would be an entirely different game on turf. Grass suits us much better. I love playing teams like ACBC - so easy to wind up. Prediction - they will be arguing amongst themselves by half time.

House,
I hope you didn't take too many notes last night. Missing key players, half the team including myself hung over from the hockey game the night before (irresponsible I know). Completely different team shows up in two weeks.

JTL

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL, you'll be happy with the condition of the grass at South Surrey Athletic. ;)
The game was meant to be played on grass, turf is only an alternative in bad conditions!

Good luck to both teams. Beer gardens should be great!

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
Guinness.

Will there be changerooms with showers?

JTL

Yes, there will be changerooms....something I'm assuming you are less accustomed to in Div. 2 ("Kieff" Watts would be so proud to hear you made it to the Knight's Cup Final).

So quit worrying about all the details and just show up to play you fat bastard!!

Your Friend,
K.U.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well now we will all see what can happen when you play an ineligable player.
I personaly want to say I am sorry for not checking the story told to me by one certian player who joined my team in late January.
I as many coaches ,did not check with BC soccer when signing a guy who came to a practice and told me he wanted to try out as he had been in Europe for the early part of the season and had just returned and wanted to play.
He was a good player, he filled out the registration formes and we took his picture.
All good,,well he fu#&in lied to me.
He lied to us all...
Seems he was under suspention from the VMSL a Div 2 team where he had been red carded and suspended.
Harry from the Coq Arsenal noticed this or someone brought it to his attention and well we are out of the Cup and this is history.
Too bad for us as we didnt really need the guy either as we were doing fine with wins over Aldergrove and many other quality teams before he came along and bullshitted his way next to us.
Anyways I just wanted to post it here to let all involved and anyone else who gives a shite know that I personally am sorry. You may call me any name you wish as I deserve what ever you call or think of me.
But I can asure you that my intentions were only and always honourable and for the betterment of my team.
My only mistake was to take the word of a stranger and for that I am guilty.
I never in my wildest dreams thought that this call from the league today was coming.
For those who know me personally you know that this is probably the worst thing to happen to me as yesterday was probably the best.
I am ashamed and embarrassed.
With my tournament and my time and effort and exspences, the love i have for this game is now in question.
I will move forward and continue what I love to do and thats be around this game but now I wont be able to hold my head up as high as I once did.
I was proud to say that I am by the book and proud to say my guys were getting better and better amongst all the shite said to us about our uniformes and mittins and well you all know,,a team loved to be hated,and we were cool with that because we were haveing fun.
So to all you coaches,managers and players please check all your players carefully when registering them. As told to me today from the league we are not the ony team who has had this happen to them this year,,we are just the only team where it mattered.
I am sorry to Arsenal,Magpies and to Poco City FC United.
I had no idea.
Good luck in your run for the cup and your chance at beating the Coachmen.

Sincerley
Rich
Athletic Club of BC (ACBC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

index

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That truly is unfortunate. I feel most badly for Ghouse as he had no idea and he obviously loves to win.

Anyways - the question is how does the league deal with this? They knocked out 4 teams all with an illegal player, so now do they have some sort of a miniplayoff between the other 3 teams to see who plays Coquitlam and then the winner of that game plays us. I don't think there is time for that but it will be very interesting to say the least.

JTL

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We knocked out 3 teams with the illegal player,
The league told me the Magpies will play Poco fc United and the winner will play Arsenal for the right to play you.
This sucks.
I feel so shitty
I should have known better and checked.
Who would have thought.
I never check other teams rosters either,,why I always say.
Who cares. Well I do now.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse said:
We knocked out 3 teams with the illegal player,
The league told me the Magpies will play Poco fc United and the winner will play Arsenal for the right to play you.
This sucks.
I feel so shitty
I should have known better and checked.
Who would have thought.
I never check other teams rosters either,,why I always say.
Who cares. Well I do now.

Hector get on the phone...we want in on this since Rams lost to ACBC in the first round.:eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Arsenal will now have 4 games this weekend.
Well, they're doubling up the Coyotes 2 games into 1 game but they'll have a busy week this week.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Looks like Arsenal will now have 4 games this weekend.
Well, they're doubling up the Coyotes 2 games into 1 game but they'll have a busy week this week.

I see a Rams Arsenal match-up brewing:D

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse

Isnt that the blond guy that scored two goals against us (aldergrove) - the penalty shot and the last goal?

Cantuzzi

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
One guy doesn't make a team and it was an honest mistake. Arsenal are a bunch of snot-nosed sore losers and can't handle the fact that they got beat by a better team. If they go on to win this thing (I hope the Coachmen crush them), there should be an asterisk beside their name b/c they're a bunch of panzies that had to go through the backdoor to win.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that I have had time to reflect and get some sleep,,,Why is this rule in effect,,I was told it was so teams could not bring in ringers,,before I go any farther here I want to say I am not makeing any excuses and we are out. I am just trying to understand what happened because as you probably know I am pretty shacken up over this.
But my only feelings here are ,,,this guy was not a starter and was not a ringer and he came from a div 2 league,,this was a guy who lied to me and to the league,,yes I should have looked into it but for crying out loud who does look into shite like this when a nobody comes out and says id like to play soccer...If he was a star then we all would have known him or have heard of him..hes just a regular div 2 guy. he didnt stand out,,,So I am kinda choked the way this was handeled and I also heard Arsenal new of this before the game and didnt say anything to me. they waited to see the out come of the game and that is down right bull shite.
If you cant beat them on the field then beat them off.
and thats what they did,Arsenal beat us off.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Arsenal knew about the player before the game, they should have said something. That is cowardly to not say something just in case you lose. I am wondering how this all came to light.

Arsenal won't beat the Magpies. Magpies, Coachmen final.

JTL

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0