Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Labour Day Tourney - Burnaby Lakes

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jaguars entered this tourney.
it seems that a shite load of women's teams back out or something because there are only 4 REC teams for the women's. :eek:
the men's have 6 REC and 4 COMPETITIVE

hopefully the rain holds out so we can enjoy the beer garden.

striker14

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
heh beat me too that.

the rain looks like it'll hold off.

Regs' buddy has called me a few times trying to get me in there. Long weekends are tough too many people going away.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
heh beat me too that.

the rain looks like it'll hold off.

Regs' buddy has called me a few times trying to get me in there. Long weekends are tough too many people going away.

no doubt thought about putting my team in, but I have to move to the heart of Newton. At least no more renting. I will miss delta.

And that is why you Noma'am's are in need of getting your tourney back on track, had a blast last year.

WestCoast...What??? one more week

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aparently too much Ref bashing on these boards. though PNE and Whistleblower dont seem to mind.

But that's because we complient PNE on his tugging abillities. Anyone seen WB tug?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO BEER GARDEN?????!!!!!!
absolutely shocking!! i arrived at the tourney an hour early, thinking i could grab a beer in the gardens, watch some soccer...I could not believe it.
when questioned, the response i got was "not enough teams to make the beer gardens worth it" :eek::eek: wtf?! then, i was told we could go up to the rugby club to grab a pint. we head over there and what do we see...CLOSED UNTIL TUESDAY! fuk!

we played on a pitch that reeked like sewage. it was soggy, muddy, nasty, and could have used a mow.
the pitch was being lined 2 mins before our game is to start and there was a mens team that played before us...with no 6 yard box.

not organized well at all.

our games are 1pm and 5:30pm tomorrow...5:30???? horrible time slot. it wouldn't be so bad if there was a fcuken beer garden!

anyways...good practise for the upcoming season.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker 14: if there WAS a beer garden, Burnaby would have it close down at 6.

:D

true!

our game times today...1:00pm and then 5:30pm...brutal!!
i asked the organizer if there was money to be won...his answer....no :eek:
the winners get to take a home a new ball though :rolleyes:
what a joke!!

we won both games today
our first game was against a team that had no player over 20, guaranteed, but, they only had 9 players (we won 6-0)

our 2nd game was a bit more of a challenge vs. Vancouver Breakers who were in the tourney as the FUSION. it is their over 30's team. they played well with the exception of one girl who thought it was ok to run through people with elbows up. the 5 or 6 times she was called on it, she was in total shock as to why she was getting penalized, as our players are pulling themselves up off the ground. (we won 2-0)

there are 4 women's teams in the tourney, so, we are in the semi finals no matter what (11:30am) and then the final is at 4:00pm.

worst tourney i've been in.............ever!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WE WON THE TOURNEY!!
it was jaguars vs. fusion (breakers) in the final and we won 2-1

jb got a lot of people questioning him on no beer garden.

the fact that we didn't win any money is a JOKE!!!!!!! we won a $30 ball

great weather, thank god! we made it a fun weekend with the side line festivities but in the long run, we won't be entering next year.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TV, it actually was JB's tournament as he stated in his own words to me. Actually this year was the second annual for this tournament. He stated that Wesburn runs the youth tournament. He also said that he would run a beer garden if there was 24 teams in his tournament otherwise he risks losing money!:eek: I would think if you have even 4 teams in a tournament that a beer garden is a good way to raise some extra $$.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He also said that he would run a beer garden if there was 24 teams in his tournament otherwise he risks losing money!:eek: I would think if you have even 4 teams in a tournament that a beer garden is a good way to raise some extra $$.

the jaguars alone would have made that beer garden millions :D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukc Burnaby and BYOB.

how about you bring us some beer next time tuna seeing as you did house yourself on the floor of our hotel room in Loops and that should count for something, no?! i still think you should have had to pay something...and you even used the top sheet of the bed so that DEFINATELY counts for something...if not some sort of skin rash :eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0