Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Labour Day Tourney - Burnaby Lakes

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least she tried to immediately get up... rather than rolling around like someone who plays for Argentina... or ACBC.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both our teams won today and a couple teams no showed. P.C.O.V. (VMSL div 2) and San Salvador (BML ). Fields were nice even though they we wet. More teams this year..Still not enough for a Beer Garden. Seattle has a team and they won today aswell. They look pretty good.
Still a good run before the Season starts.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your name was on the board and the guy running the tournament didnt know why you were not there?? So maybe someone forgot to tell him.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um Ghouse we (PCOV) pulled out of the tournament quite a while back so how did we no show?

Apparently JB never got the message. We (GN Kosova) were supposed to play PCOV our first game on Saturday, but ended up having a friendly against our U-21 team because their opponents didn't show either. Totally bush. Funny thing is that the rumor going around was that PCOV wasn't gonna show b/c Portugal was playing a World Cup Qualifier at the same time. Seriously, that's what we heard!

We're thru to the semis against the Hurricanes-B, who we beat this morning 3-1. Should be a good game, they were stronger than UBC Metropolitan-B. who we beat 1-0. Other div 2 semi is Peach Arch v ACBC-2.

First tourney I've been in that deducts one point overall for each yellow card, and 2 for a red. So theoretically, you could win a game, have 2 yellows and a red and end up with -1 points, instead of 3! Bush again, IMHO.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea the cards is crazy the reffing was shcoking in a couple games

is a good run before the season starts hopefully we can get two games towmorrow

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We ended the tourney 2 wins and a loss for -2 points and last place overall. Stupid card rule and card happy refs hurt us big time. But I guess it was a good run to prep for the season.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
IFC Polonia qualified to move to the semis but pulled out late last night because they said their season starts Wednesday...So another blunder for this weekends tournament.
The Card rule knocked Dewdney right out of the tournament with -2 points even though i think they were 2-1.. I see where they were trying to go with the rule and all....But I dont like it either.
Makes the Refs way to involved in the game. Some of the cards we saw this weekend,( not us but the other teams)were no way cards. I agree the reffing was sub par.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe a word of advice is in order: when a ref calls you for a foul, SHUT UP! Trapper, this is not aimed specifically at you or your team; I've just seen too many guys talk themselves right out of games lately.

Be interesting to check stats not just for this tournament, but for the last couple of league seasons to see what percentage of cards are given for yapping...

:rolleyes:

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We actually only had 1 yapping yellow, in the last game. The ref was shocking and one of our guys let him know. At least he bought a team round for that one. The rest were mostly for good challenges. Honestly, we should have received a couple yellows for late challenges, but some of our cards were for great, hard tackles.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe a word of advice is in order: when a ref calls you for a foul, SHUT UP! Trapper, this is not aimed specifically at you or your team; I've just seen too many guys talk themselves right out of games lately.

Be interesting to check stats not just for this tournament, but for the last couple of league seasons to see what percentage of cards are given for yapping...

:rolleyes:

It is a very high amount i would say over 70% of all cards given for discent.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't say much for teams no-showing and dropping out, but as for the quality of the tournament and organization I have no complaints and would consider entering it again.

We finished the round-robin 2-1 and would have been tied for the 1st place with 6 pts except we took 2 yellow cards in the last game. That is our own fault as we knew the rules going in. I agree that it is a strange rule as you will have different refs for each game and naturally that makes things inconsistent, but in the cases of Dewdney all they had to do was play 70 minutes without taking a yellow (didn't even have to win) and they would have been through. Instead they took 4 yellows. No one to blame but themselves really.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0