Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Labour Day Tourney - Burnaby Lakes

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took a yellow after seeing our guy grabbed by the shoulders from behind when he was in clear at the penalty spot, and asking (well yelling because the ref was far away) to explain to me how that wasn't a foul. No warning, no swearing, I hadn't been yapping or anything. But I scored a cracker of a goal to make up for it :D

I found the the tourney a good run before the season starts and would definitely enter again, just check to make sure we have more guys healthy enough to play first.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 1 --- Punjab Hurricanes 2 in the B div Final

looked like ACBC won the other one

some shocking calls agin in the game a blatant hand ball pass to himself for the Punjab Hurricanes to get there first goal

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't say much for teams no-showing and dropping out, but as for the quality of the tournament and organization I have no complaints and would consider entering it again.

We finished the round-robin 2-1 and would have been tied for the 1st place with 6 pts except we took 2 yellow cards in the last game. That is our own fault as we knew the rules going in. I agree that it is a strange rule as you will have different refs for each game and naturally that makes things inconsistent, but in the cases of Dewdney all they had to do was play 70 minutes without taking a yellow (didn't even have to win) and they would have been through. Instead they took 4 yellows. No one to blame but themselves really.

It was kinda the plan to take the yellows actually, as we had no interest in playing on Monday. But I guess instead of yapping at the ref, we could have whacked and mugged you guys. Consider it a favour.

As for the tourney, who really cares if it is "bush"? Its just about a preseason run and you get a look at squads from different leagues.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was kinda the plan to take the yellows actually, as we had no interest in playing on Monday. But I guess instead of yapping at the ref, we could have whacked and mugged you guys. Consider it a favour.

As for the tourney, who really cares if it is "bush"? Its just about a preseason run and you get a look at squads from different leagues.

You're not getting much of a run or look at different squads if they're not even going to show up.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
All and All we had fun and will enter both teams again. It is what it is, a fun way to get a run in and take a look at the new guys. Our 2nd team finnished in 3rd place yet never lossed. 3 yellows and a PK win left us with 5 points. Our 1st team (if you can believe this) never took a single card all weekend. :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0