Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manchester United / Celtic in Seattle ...

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Single tickets

Anyone interested in one ticket in the TTP section, send me a pm.
Steve.
Thanks Captain, Rob is an A+ ebayer. ;)

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man U sqad

Man Utd squad in the USA: David Bellion, Nicky Butt, Roy Carroll, Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher, Diego Forlan, Quinton Fortune, Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Mark Lynch, John O'Shea, Phil Neville, Danny Pugh, Ricardo, Kieran Richardson, Paul Scholes, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Juan Sebastian Veron and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

From BBC sport.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tim Howard

Former Sunderland striker David Bellion was the only new signing on board United's flight from Manchester Airport on Saturday, although goalkeeper Howard will join up with the squad this week.

I does not say when Howard will join the team.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic's preparations for the high profile friendly in the USA against Manchester United are in full swing, with the Seattle media jumping straight on the back of the Seville bandwagon and trumpeting the arrival of the Hooped hordes; one conservative estimate is reckoning on over 40,000 Celtic fans being inside the stadium.

"We've been doing these sort of promotional competitions for years and can honestly say we've never experienced demand like this in all that time. Celtic are without doubt big box office". Fine praise indeed coming from the mouths of the promoters of the friendlies taking place in the USA. Are we really about to see Celtic tap into it's true global potential?

This is just for the training session. Can't wait to see Seattle all in Green and White. Btw who are they playing again?

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking magic. Of course, KCPQ showed 10 seconds worth of footage of Man. U's session in Beaverton. Quality.....:rolleyes: I'm hoping some of the other stations will have enough sense to show the real team who everyone is going to watch.

40 000 for a training session, eh? Pretty fcuking impressive.

Captain

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you're a skiving, dole merchant, what else do you have to occupy your time?

The Protestant Ethic.

Buckfast

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost a dream match up. For if it were Chelsea then the wrong side of Glasgow would be in utter ecstasy.;)

Parkhead

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to the Man U vs Celtic game. I can not wait to hit the road tomorrow.......see the rest of you TTP'er there!!!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shame.......

From tonight's Evening Standard..........

US fans only want Becks
By Lawrence Donegan, Evening Standard, in Seattle
22 July 2003
Manchester United, the richest and biggest sporting club in the world, were today preparing for their friendly match against Celtic in Seattle - the 'sold out' first leg of the most successful Anglo invasion of the United States since John, Paul, George and Ringo.

That is the hype served up by ChampionsWorld, the US-based marketing company which has organised United's four-game tour of the States, by Nike, the club's strip manufacturer, and by United themselves. It has been lapped up by a largely slavish American media which has been churning out hagiographic profiles of all things United for the last few weeks. "Manchester mystique" has been a recurring headline.

The reality, however, is somewhat different. The truth is now that United have landed in the US, the attention of American sports fans has drifted elsewhere. The sports pages are full of Kobe Bryant, the Los Angeles Lakers basketball superstar who has just been charged with rape.

Lance Armstrong is on the verge of another Tour de France victory and the baseball season is now in full flow.

Meanwhile, United's own superstar, David Beckham, has gone to Real Madrid - taking with him the lustre that might have caught the eye of the casual fan, not to mention America's legion of teenage girl soccer players.

All of these events have dampened interest in United to the extent that a phone call to the box office at Seattle's Seahawks Stadium, venue for tonight's allegedly sold out game, to ask if there any seats available brought forth the response: "Absolutely, where would you like to sit?"

This reality is not confined to official channels either. Vancouver-based tout Kingsley Bailey was standing outside the stadium yesterday afternoon with a fistful of unsold tickets and no hope of shifting them for anything like their face value.

Bailey said: "In America, sports fans aren't so interested in teams. They want to see the big superstar, they want to see the guy that everybody is excited about. Now that Beckham isn't here, that curiosity isn't there any more. I managed to shift a tickets for crazy money when he was with United. Hopefully, that money will cover my losses now that he's gone."

Take a walk through downtown Seattle and the myth that America has fallen at the feet of Premiership champions becomes even more threadbare. Last year, sportswear giant Nike signed a multi-million pound strip deal with the Old Trafford club. But in the city's superstore, United's presence is derisory and confined to a dozen strips and a basketful of miniature footballs.

Out on the streets there are a few people walking around in football strips - but all of them are wearing the green and white hoops of United's opponents.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said yesterday: "I'm told twothirds of the people at game will be Celtic fans.'' Make that threequarters, Sir Alex.

At least no one could accuse the United's manager of hyping the first leg of his club's American adventure, which will also take games against Mexican champions Club America, Juventus and Barcelona

Ferguson added: " It is an unusual game for Manchester United and Celtic to play this far away for their home countries. This is our first game of the season. It'll be a good preparation.''

Probably not what those who had paid more than £100 for a ticket wanted to hear.

Nor indeed could Ferguson be accused of ingratiating himself with the American media.

Asked by one local reporter if he had any words for the people of Seattle who might be disappointed to have lost the chance to see David Beckham perform, he said sourly: "No words at all."

Those seeking an explanation for the United manager's thunderous demeanour need look no further than the club's disastrous transfer dealings over the summer, which saw Beckham leave for much less than the original asking price and Ronaldinho choose Barcelona over Manchester.

The United squad that will take the field tonight will be virtually identical to that which ended last season, and will include Juan Veron, currently being shopped around by the club - although not to Chelsea, according to chief executive Peter Kenyon, who said: "We've heard nothing from them and we don't expect to,."

Meanwhile, it was left to Celtic's manager Martin O'Neill to provide the sales pitch.

He said: "It should be a great occasion. It's a friendly but both of us want to win. Trust me - the game will be full-blooded and competitive."

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By far, the BEST fans in the world.....

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said yesterday: "I'm told twothirds of the people at game will be Celtic fans.'' Make that threequarters, Sir Alex.

I've heard that there are seats available but they are the most expensive ones. I'm guessing there will be around 60 000 there out of the 74 000 potentials, with about 10 000 being Man. U fans, 3 000 ignorant Yanks, about 48 000 - 50 000 Celtic fans.....And to think people are missing the Rangers/Linfield friendly for this.......

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice picture in today's daily rag, Cside17!

Why didn't the photographer ask you to put your heels up at the same time and replace the soccer ball with a beach ball? :D

~Regs.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sportsnet said there will be 67,000 there not bad. Lads have a good one Ill look for your ugly heads on TV.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside's pic is on page A 8 of the Province. Very nice, HOWEVER take a look at page A 6. Even Cside can't compete with that. She is a beauty, almost as nice as my teammate on the Greek team.

I'm taking my son to the match tonight but I'm not sitting with the TTP'ers as far as I know, so thankfully I won't have to worry about him offending you in any way. :rolleyes: :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tix available

Another 2 tix are available if anyone is still looking...

$75 each

call 604-809-0698 for info/purchase.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snippet read from an article online:

Fans from Britain, across the United States and Canada, have come to Seattle. English accents can be heard mixed with southern drawls and northwestern twangs throughout the city.

Some English revellers have already made their mark.

"They drink a lot and don't tip much," sniffed a waitress in one bar.

Over 500 fans are expected to attend an all-day party Tuesday at the George & Dragon Pub, Seattle's unofficial soccer headquarters.

The owner of Fado Irish Pub has ordered 40 additional kegs of beer, including 20 barrels of Guinness.
That's quality :D Maybe if you didn't serve them piss-water, you'd get a better tip.

No, probably not.

:D

~Regs.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've also got a spare pair of tickets... Great seats - face value of $125, but I'll let them go for less.

484-3373 until noon then cell - 319-4851

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some English revellers have already made their mark.

Those fcuking English, eh Fasty? Cheap bastards.

There will be at least 1000 people in the vicinity(sp?) of Kell's pub, from what I hear. Time will tell. We will be there in about 4 and 1/2 hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0