Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manchester United / Celtic in Seattle ...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cousin of mine was there(Kell's) yesterday. Couldn't get within 50' of the place unless your were in hoops. He was quite pissed he wanted a Guinness. He is an ignorant amerecian so was wondering what the hell the whole thing was about. iv'e attepmted to explain it to him. I told him to find a nice blue t-shirt and head back to Kell's today. Don't kill him please gentlemen. but this is a revenge moment for me.:D Loads and Loads of stick is coming his way.

I will be in the TTP section tonight. I will most likely have a youngster with me, please feel free to offend him in any way. I can almost guarantee he won't be offended as he is part of the family and we are normally much worse than all you fellow TTPer's.

Slugger Outside the Stadium is where I'll be at. Cheap Large American swill normally, it's my favorite spot for M's or Seahawk games.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I told him to find a nice blue t-shirt and head back to Kell's today.

That is too funny. Can you imagine? Only man I know stupid enough to attempt that would be our own Hands of Stone.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
does anyone know about the border lineups? is there a number to call to find out? any info is appreciated.

cheers...go celtic

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HaHa here yes. Not in Greece though

Serouisly, he's my cousin and loves Man U. which is good cause if he was a 'pool fan I'd be pissed. This figures to be the only chance he will ever get to go see anything like this so I though I would take him.

as for border lineups I hope they are short or I'll be llate as I'm working today.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the border lineups were getting huge....maybe 90-120 minute waits at both crossings. that sucks for us leaving around 4ish!

:mad:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Use the truck crossing to start................but also check Aldergroove, it is sometimes the best even though a tad out of the way for most.

Listening to NW98 at work they are giving updates every 15 minutes on the border lineups as well.

John

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, the border line-ups were fcuking awful. We waited just under 90 minutes to get through and we finally arrived at Kell's Pub around 4:00. It was a fcuking sauna in the pub but there was a tremendous atmosphere. It was magic walking around the streets/pubs and singing with the other Celtic fans. However, when we got to the stadium, it was pretty equal in terms of support. I think a bunch of the Celtic fans didn't bother their arse to leave the pubs.

As for the game, I thought Celtic controlled the first 15 minutes or so, but created no chances. Man. U basically took the piss out of Celtic especially when it came to the final third of the field. If Thompson made the penalty, perhaps the game might have ended up closer but I think United was winning that game either way. No one on Celtic impressed me at all and there weren't a lot of outstanding performances from United either. Van Nistelrooy was probably a worthy recipient for POG. It sure does suck when the other team's fans are singing when you're getting stuffed. :) :(

The bus ride home was even worse because of the fcuking construction. Rubbish. Anyway, it's a grand ole team to play for, oh it's a grand ole team............

Captainwhoisofftobedrightnow......

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just walked in the door.:(

Magical evening to say the least. The match was incredible. The stadium is amazing. What a brilliant atmosphere. The pubs after were great. Got tons of pictures.

Bertrum is an idiot for making us pay $35 for the rental truck then making us take a taxi home from Poco. Good deal.:rolleyes: I figure you owe us $5 each High Bum.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't make it down to the game. Caught the Sportsnet broadcast. Granted Man U pissed on Celtic:mad: but to listen to the 3 wanks in the booth, you'd have thought that they all had shares in the reds. So much for unbiased broadcasting. Sensei, if you caught the broadcast, surely we must agree on this!:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, at least it wasn't Dobson and Lenarduzzi... though Max Bretos is probably one of the most annoying commentators ever :rolleyes:

For those that didn't see it on the tube, the other main commentator was Georgio Cannaglia (sp?) which I thought was pretty cool until from about the 2nd minute mark and on :rolleyes:

As far as the game itself goes, it took Man U awhile to get going but even when Celtic had all the early pressure, they were by far the more dangerous side. Celtic seemed way too mechanical with little flair or excitement to their game.

Does Bellion not have some wheels or what? How about him and Ruud as striking partners?!?!!? Veron looked smooth when he came in as well, irregardless of the nonexsitent Celtic defending.

Was the atmosphere at the stadium good? The commentators wanked on about it but of course you couldn't hear a thing on TV :rolleyes:

~Regs.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant night. Thanks Walks.

The Atmosphere was pretty good in our section except for a few of our hooped brethern, they were not having a good time of it. It may have been the piss taking wwe were singing but i'm not sure. I'd also like to thank the Aramark staff at
Seahawks staduim for not putting up signage that they were selling Guiness. I buy 2 damn Carlsberg and 50' later there is astand selling Guinness. Wankers!

I'd also like to thank the Washington State Department of Transporation for enabling me to get home by 3:00 am with there excellent construction. I'm not at all feeling rough right now at work.

As for border lineups, Nexxus is my friend. 5 minutes and I was through.:D

Went to Krispy Kreme in Mount Vernon to buy Donuts for the boys at work. Never, ever doing that again. KK is never fast food. It took them 27 minutes from when i placed order to get it for me and this was aftetr waiting for 15 min. to order. At least the
Lads enjoyed them this morning.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bretos/Bellion

Regs,

Bretos was very annoying...over the top!

He can be funny when giving the commentary on some highlights at half-time during the FSWC games in the winter, but a whole 90 mins last night was dreadful with him!

Yes, Bellion has speed. Jesus he's lightning quick. Looks like a great bit of business by United.

The really miss poncy Becks last night:rolleyes:

Hope you lads all had fun down there, those of you who went.

Dazza:cool:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seats

Haven't heard anything about the seats.
How was the view from the TTP seats? Worth the money?

Pre beer goggles of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0