Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Masters] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So does anyone have any early predictions on the FireRangers vs Firemen match-up?

FireRangers are undefeated but I'm not sure that Firemen really care that the FireRangers haven't lost.

FireRangers
FireRangers
FireRangers

:D

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way Peter, our home park is SHITE!!!!

Sorry in advance. :D

Edited because I forgot that smiley thing. :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs!!!!! :mad:

Enjoy your draw big man.
Malones and then PAU or the Island.

Some guys have all the luck!

Not that Malones is not going to give you a game. But Firemen!

Fcuk me!

Please PAU redeem yourself and give the boys a match if you both make it through.

This is going to be fun. :D

P.S. Nice work on the clock tonight KNVB, we got robbed and you know it.
Add another minute on the clock for time wasting big man. You know it!!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have always enjoyed the rivalry bewtween the FVSL firefighters and the WC firefighters, but this one will truly be the best.

Sometimes I wonder about these random draws. Bizarre.

Hope I get to see the game.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balls:

Nothing overmuch to complain about from you guys' perspective until a possible 2nd round game between yourselves and PAU. As far as I can remember, this is the first time that no teams from the same league have been drawn against each other in the first round.

BTW, Robby Brown drew most of the placings, so you can blame him... :D

Agreed about the nonsense from the Island - WTF's with your league, Vicman? They can't honestly say they didn't know the names of the finalists last night.... If common sense gets into the picture the draw should be like this for Island teams:

Victoria Athletic/Nanaimo United winner vs ICSF Inter
Vic West vs Westside Miloni (move them up as highest-placing league team left after the Cup finalists)
Victoria Athletic/Nanaimo United winner vs Metro Ford Celtic/Columbus winner
Lakehill vs Peace Arch United (2nd highest placing league team remaining)

But what's the chance of that happening? :confused:

No bets yet....

stew :cool:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
So does anyone have any early predictions on the FireRangers vs Firemen match-up?

These teams have played each other this year, in the Burnaby Capitals tourney back on Labour Day. I think it ended up 2-1 for the Fireman, but it was a now Ranger, Shoey, scoring the first goal off a near post cross, and then the second one was on a terrible give away by the keeper (who was it in goal that game :eek: ), the Rangers did battle back and were unlucky to not get the tie.

On turf, I give the win to the Mighty Rangers, in PK's, will the Coach be going in for this one?

hos

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that the Island teams seem to be able to pick their opponent is what is wrong here. If they can't finish off their league competitions in time for the BCSA draw, which is known well in advance, there has to be a formula to fill the BC slots that is definitive.

The 2 finalists in the League Cup and then the top 2 teams in the league is the best way to do it. If the same team fills both slots then it goes to the next team down in the league standings.

I hope the BCSA steps in here and does the right thing—hah—and forces them to name names before the Island's finals this weekend; before some closed-door session takes places in a dank, seaside bar...

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Strathcona Hotel is a destination all in itself. 5 bars/clubs under one roof. Friendly Island chicks and a variety at each place. The Wicket is my personal favorite. Just watch out for the bouncers, they take exception to standing on the bar and drinking straight out of a wine bottle ........ and I thought everyone in Victoria did that. Luckily I was staying at the Strath and a quick change of the shirt and a new hairstyle (sorry Regs) and I was back in. We have the joy of the roadtrip to Boundary and Hastings. The bar on the corner is just not the same as the Wicket.

JAGS

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't have too many Victoria recollections, I do remember some cowboy at Royal Athletic trying to walk out of our changing room with our beer because you're not allowed and he told us...he didn't get very far.

I've just had it on good authority that the Cup draw looks like this now:

Loser Vic Ath A/Nan United vs ICSF Inter
Freybe Vikings vs Lobbans
Van Island League winner (or next down) vs Westside Miloni
Winner Vic Ath A/Nan United vs Metro Ford Celtic/Columbus winner
Portuguese Club vs Pegasus
SFC Rangers vs Firefighters
Surrey United vs Malones
Van Island League 2nd place (or next down) vs PAU

Well Done BCSA (and SCP)!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

See my post (#28) above in this thread. Again, if common sense intervenes, that's how things should sort out. VISL is supposed to be playing their Cup final this weekend, so things should be sorted out by Sunday afternoon.

Another recommended alternative in Victoria: the Discovery Sports Club. Full of female Castaways players most weekends, and rugby players the rest of the time. Warning: powertinis are dangerous. And karoake is hazardous to your health (if not your sanity). But they do have Guinness on tap...

Place downtown to get ridiculous used to be the Olympic Hotel - not too sure if it's still standing. All I remember from that weekend is that our team was requested never to return after that. Oh yeah - and something about us not being allowed to "help out the bar staff by rolling kegs down the hallway or pouring our own drinks while behind the bar...." :D I think the management was mad just because the waitresses would rather have stayed partying with us instead of going back to work (go figure).

sweet memories....

stew :cool:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew, your post #28 is great except for the bit about the same team playing twice—but I got your drift...what I was getting at is I heard the BCSA is stepping in and making them stick to a plan as to how their berths are determined. So yes, this Sunday it will all be worked out but that even as we speak we have a better idea which slot the various teams are in.

Again, I've only heard this but if it's true then the Senior Cup VP (Bruce Yule, Vice President Senior?) at BCSA is doing a good job...if not then our league's going to do the same thing next year and withhold the names of the qualifying teams until after the draw.

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom heavy draw in my opinion...PAU and a mystery team from the Island...Did a little research for the "Mainlanders" on the site. As far as I can tell, here are the standings (top 4)

Vic Athletics 35 pts
Vic West 20 pts
Nanaimo 20 pts
Lakehill 15 pts

Not really sure what that means, though Vic Athletics appear to have gone unbeaten during the regular season.

Interesting comment from Coach about their "tough" draw...compared to Surrey U...One game at a time Coach, and if you're the best in BC, and you have your cards in order, and the linesman is paying attention....you'll be playing in the Cup Final... :) , though you will have to run a pretty imposing gauntlet to make it there...as will anyone coming out of the bottom half.

Looking forward to playing someone, somewhere at a yet to be determined time... :bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0