Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Masters] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
behemoth said:
As far as I can tell, here are the standings (top 4)

Vic Athletics 35 pts
Vic West 20 pts
Nanaimo 20 pts
Lakehill 15 pts

Not really sure what that means, though Vic Athletics appear to have gone unbeaten during the regular season.
:

Careful now...one might use those stats to trumpet another wcotsl berth :p ...so, it seems... I guess the plethora of talent in the Island's lower division also warrants an extra berth than the valley...after all, don't forget,The fvsl has the "smallest masters league in the province! *"...while this may be true, how many championships in the last 5 years?

* (by one or two premier teams...don't scoff...that makes a big difference!)
:rolleyes: :D

go firerangers!

...seriously, kick some wcotsl fireman arse!

should be a classic.

go SU :cool:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look Behemoth i am going to make this very simple.
Do they (S U ) have an easier draw. Yes.

Do they have an easy draw all the way through . No.

Did i ask you boys to show up this time. Yes.

Did i say we were the team to beat. No.

Good luck pal and once again please show up! ;)

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Do they (S U ) have an easier draw. Yes.

Do they have an easy draw all the way through . No.

Did i ask you boys to show up this time. Yes.

Did i say we were the team to beat. No.

;)

sounds like Donald "Coach"Rumsfeld at a fv masters press conference. ;)

(Rumsfeld often answers his own questions to edumicate the masses)

go rangers

....formerly known as firerangers..." do we still have a significant contingent of fireman? yes "...."does that mean we are to be known as the firerangers ? absolutely not!" :D "are we the team to beat?...yeah baby!!!"

cheers Coach :)

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach,

We might show up (at least some of us), though it depends on whether both teams make it or not... :D

I must say...I sense a little apprehension...You, the mighty Rangers, are the undefeated (until Sunday?) Champs of the FVSL. You should welcome the opportunity to lay a licking on the Champs (?) of the WCOTSL, instead of moaning about the tough draw :p .

We, PAU, the 2nd placed team, but 3rd best team (that's for you RF) are looking forward to playing the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best team on the Island.

This debate brings to mind the match-up controversy with the Island teams. I have a hypothetical question for you (Coach - yes you!). If (big IF since there are different rules depending on which league you're in) your draw was dictated by the result in Sunday's Cup Final...say, the winner gets Malones, and the loser gets Vancouver Fire...would you tailor your line-up accordingly?.....hmmm...interesting question...

Looking forward to the Cup Final on Sunday...let it all hang out boys...(both teams...I don't play favourites)... :wa:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be perfecly honest Behmoth i am looking forward to our tilt against the Firemen.
I think we match up very well against them and we have them on our home pitch.
Sooner or later you gotta win four games to dance.

Any time a draw comes out people are going to make comments.
Some games are tougher than others and those are just the facts.

Apprehension? No .
We respect them and this is not an easy hill to climb.

It will be fun though.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BMoth...thanks for making us the champs of the WCOTSL...but we still have to beat Miloni Sunday to have that right.

Now on to the Island jumble....if you go by league placing and league cup finalists in placings for the Province draw,Columbus wouldn't be playing MetroFord for our last spot and our game tomorrow would've meant more than first place.
Word to the wise...anyone having to travel to the island for a game can expect to be playing on crap(fields).

Coach...your right...this game will be fun. Are we playing on real or fake turf??

Cheers!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Scotty it will be a good one both on and off the park later.

Not sure yet about the fields, but don't be suprised if we choose to play it on the turf. :rolleyes:

I know you boys would prefer the grass, but we can open up the clubhouse and have a nice beer garden going on during the game.

See ya in two weeks. Good luck tommorow.

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victoria Athletics beat Nanaimo 4-2 yesterday in the Cup Final.
So the VISL teams are now sorted.

Nanaimo vs Inter
Vic West vs Miloni
Athletics vs Columbus/Celtic
Lakehill vs PAU

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus/Celtic game supposed to get played on the weekend (weather cooperating.... :rolleyes: ). Columbus boys would rather play on grass than turf, but have to go with what's available. Turf would give CraigO's boys a bit of a leg up, as they've had more time on it this season.

Get that game done, and we can start handicapping :p

beerz,

stew :cool:

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Paul is who I think it is, he got a Red card in the first half. Big red headed guy who played upfront.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round date and time has been confirmed.

Sat April 16th at 12 noon. Newton Park on the Turf.

Rangers vs Vancouver Firemen.

Balcony will be open so the beer gardens should be on fire.

Being a Saturday match could bring out quite a few on lookers!

Regs, when and where are you boys? Hopefully Sunday.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vicman,

That sounds like it would be him allright...I'm guessing it was 2 yellows for hard, late challenges. When I played with him he wasn't the kind of guy to be yapping too much and I never saw him fight. That must have affected the game a bit or did one of your guys go too?

Might be seeing you in person in the not too distant future...

Peter

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on where/when the other matches will take place (in particular PEG/PCOV)?

~Luch

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, Mr Parsnip supposedly got to yellows one for a tackle the other for throwing the ball in the air . Good reffing :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing like getting to see the Firemen play a week before we play them. :)
One game at 7 and another at 8 Stew?

Any word on when or where any of the first round games are?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach:

That's right; game for first place at 7; Cup qualifier at 8. Burnaby's scheduling, not ours :rolleyes: .

Luch:

Not 100% sure about this yet, but I think PCOV/Peg will most likely be at Kensington (I guess it depends if the goalposts are still up) on the 17th. Don't know about any other games yet.

beerz,

stew :cool:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers for the info Stew. But wouldn't Adanac or Hastings be a better location than the lovely Kensington? :rolleyes:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are any of the other teams who have to make the trek to the island getting concerned about when they're playing? Are we even going to get one week's notice? I've emailed BCSA's Senior Competitions Chair, Bruce Yule (no reply yet) and the coach of Vic West who doesn't have the answer.

Get it together guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0