Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masters BC Provincial Draw 2009

Final Four Power Rankings: Who should be #1?

• Columbus FC

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • UVIC Alumni

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Westside

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For sure, Congrats to Columbus, Hose, Frank, Sarge et al. I also forgot, and was too involved in the VPD vs WVFD game tonight at Ambleside.

Columbus could very well win it all this year.

Sir M.

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late breaking news: COLUMBUS IS SERIOUS ABOUT CUP RUN: they had 18 beers, a 26oz of crown, and a third of gin. They also had nine guys an hour after the final whistle.

snake eyes

May 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bohica,I am sure glad you enjoyed drinking from our bottomless coolers...However you insisting on taking the empties home is totally offside!!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the Gin and Tonic after the game...you guys played well and good luck the rest of the way...our guys have decided not to tell the wives that we lost the game :bronco: this way were still going to victoria :wa:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
they had 18 beers, a 26oz of crown, and a third of gin.
I knew there was a reason Coulumbus wanted T. Jones to come back to the team!:D As he was probably the one making sure it was all finshed! LOL

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Job West Van!

They scored with 30 seconds to go on a great corner.

We were not good enough today and West Van wanted it maybe just a bit more.

Congrats to the West Van boys as they have some awesome guys on that team.

Holly Cow did Ian Mclean and Stevie Mack from West Van ever earn thier pay checks today...Great Job Big Boys!

Barry went down 15 minutes into the game and West Van never stopped working all game.

We need to Re Tool and possibly Re Build a team that has had a Great Provincial Cup run the last few years.

I am proud of our guys and enjoy the team very much...That being said, things are going to change. They have to !

Good luck West Van... I hope you boys win it all. Good guys and Sir M does deserve a chance at the Big Dance.

Good Luck Boys!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close game, quite different than last year, definitely less physical. Although, WV came our with Besty and Stevie Mac in the back with the Carphins sitting in front of them -- so not a game for wallflowers. Surrey with some injury problems in the middle, Barry going out early with a shoulder, BJ coming in but a bit stiff with hamstring problems and replaced early in the 2nd. West Van with more space than last year, and playing a more tactical game -- definitely more organized, and looking better on the smaller field.

Strong defending in the middle of the park by both teams meant not much offense, and an excellent back post header by Darren Burr off of a corner right at the death was the difference. Mildly entertaining... but after a warm day of Saturday soccer where did that cold come from? Glad to be home with a glass of wine.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 1 - SFC 0
(89' 49")

Almost the last kick of the game. Great far post header off the long corner.

West Van did want it more. The Carpins were the players of the match IMO; banging and crashing all day in the centre mid and really wore down SFC. SFC started physical but some actually went out of there way to avoid going into some tackles against them. For a big team SFC sure were complaining a lot about the physical play.

The long ball was the play of choice for both teams and most of the game was a stale-mate in the midfield. It looked like a rugby match at times but the intensity and desire by both teams made for an exciting match.

SFC looked the better (and more fit) team for the 1st 20 minutes, but play eventually evened out and WV got some momentum. SFC hit the post off a lazy turn and shot inside the 18 with about 30min to go. But other than that, they didn't venture too far into WV territory. It looked like it was going to PKs, but SFC gave WestVan too many set plays (5 or 6 corners and 2 free kicks) in the last 10 minutes. The last one killed them.

As one cheeky Columbus veteran (FC) stated, Besty played with a composite stick and shattered it on a glorious free kick opportunity. Down right embarassing attempt, Besty!:)

HOS's toughest save was one of spectacular fashion. A mis-kicked clearance that CJ had to back-peddle and tip over the bar. Unfortunately that started the corner kick sequence that won the game for WV.

Planks was nowhere to be seen and Eagles, in an oversized T-shirt/moomoo, did a supurb and rather entertaining job in net for WV. Stay in your goal!!!!:D

Congratulations WestVan on a very hard fought victory.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, and I forgot to mention a phenomenal save by CJ... what the... how did you get that back over the bar? Everyone was speechless on the sidelines on that one...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 1 - SFC 0
(89' 49")

Planks was nowhere to be seen and Eagles, in an oversized T-shirt/moomoo, did a supurb and rather entertaining job in net for WV. Stay in your goal!!!!:D

Congratulations WestVan on a very hard fought victory.

Don't think that was Planks or Eagles, but he may have been at a few buffet table with one or both of those two. Actually the man in goal for WV played well, he handled most of what we sent his way, which was not enough on the day.
Have to agree with the other posters, it was a physical affair, with those damn Carphin boys leading the way for WV. We lost Big Barry in the middle of the park early and I don't think Wilkie lasted to far into the second for us also, both with injuries. Very, very physical game, what else do you expect from these two teams. Bottom line, they were good on set pieces (corners) putting many of them right into the six with 3 or 4 big bodies crashing and banging for the ball. We did not have the same pressure on thier back 4 or keeper on our set pieces and in the end it did us in.
Great header for the winner at 90 minutes, the ref blew it dead right after.
Very tought for us to start in WV 2 years in a row, would have to be very good and lucky to walk away with wins in both those years, cheers to WV on a well deserved win and good luck the rest of the way.

Heads up to out FVSL Delta brothers, Sapperton were at the park in large numbers (looking past Delta perhaps) but they have a new signing. Rene has signed on to try and help the boys out with trouble they often get into with our referee's. It was funny to see WAB and Mr. Rene arm and arm laughing and hugging through out the night. Be carefull with this Sapp team, they are now the complete package.

Tough to go out the first round, we will be back and stronger next year, Big Z, we need you in Masters.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heads up to out FVSL Delta brothers, Sapperton were at the park in large numbers (looking past Delta perhaps)
Hardly looking past Delta. Actually, really excited and wanting to play - 3 weeks is too long a layoff. BC soccer should really move the provincials up a couple of weeks.
Canucks tomorrow night conflict with our game so we will have a TV there for all our fans to watch both their favorite teams.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, and I forgot to mention a phenomenal save by CJ... what the... how did you get that back over the bar? Everyone was speechless on the sidelines on that one...

Too funny on that, Shuey and I fukced one up last year in the BC final for a UVic goal, and I did not want that to happen two years in a row, again a very tough spot for futbol facing the net, he hit it well, and I think I just Matrixed the ball over the bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too funny on that, Shuey and I fukced one up last year in the BC final for a UVic goal, and I did not want that to happen two years in a row, again a very tough spot for futbol facing the net, he hit it well, and I think I just Matrixed the ball over the bar.

YouTube - Futbol Matrix ( shao-lin soccer )

Modest of you, HOS
Not quite accurate. I noticed 5 differences between the game vs WestVan and the clip:
1. your team wore black, not yellow
2. the opposition was girls; only Besty hitting the free kick with his purse comes close
3. they were all asian
4. the coach was in track gear, not a Pat Reilly suit:rolleyes:
5. you didn't score

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, you are spending soo much time on the Rangers, that one might think you are not worried about your actual game today. This Delta team is no push over, they are big and will battle hard for the full 90. Plus they have some very dangerous players in mid and up front that will kill you.

You can keep focusing on Coach's Blazer or worry about today.

Go Delta, do it for the Valley.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just recapping the game, HOS. Between posts I focus entirely on Sapp's game today.

I welcome a physical game. Sapp can play anyway warranted.
Will you be at the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0