Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Jordans Return

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess he is not shooting mid-range today...

Another loss coming up for the hapless Wizards. MJ should have stayed in the front office. It is a shame to have a great career end like this......

Tyrone Nesby 24 1-2 2-4 0-0 1 5 1 2 1 1 4
Kwame Brown 18 0-2 3-6 0-0 2 5 0 0 0 1 3
Christian Laettner 15 3-5 0-0 0-0 1 3 1 1 2 2 6
Michael Jordan 26 1-16 4-4 0-1 3 8 3 2 1 1 6

Surely, even Coppertone has a better success rate with women at the local brothel. 1 for 16 :rolleyes:

Captain

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

All I know is that Jordan has one bad game, and he is getting bashed as if he is the worst player in the league. The last time I checked he still averages 24 ppg. So what if he had one bad game lets see what he does the next game and the game after that. Jordan did not come back and say he was going to win a championship. He said that he wants to help this team improve, and besides this one game he has done that. I think you need to give your head a shake.

Coppertonesaysfcukyoucaptain.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're remarkable.....

Sun Drenched One,

He should not have come back. Period. You mentioned he came back to make them better. Is this better than last year, trivia master.

ATLANTIC W L PCT GB HOME ROAD DIV STREAK
New Jersey 5 1 .833 - 4-0 1-1 1-0 Won 3
Boston 4 2 .667 1 3-1 1-1 1-1 Won 2
Orlando 3 5 .375 3 2-1 1-4 0-0 Lost 2
Miami 2 4 .333 3 2-2 0-2 0-0 Lost 2
New York 2 5 .286 3 ½ 2-1 0-4 1-0 Lost 2
Washington 2 5 .286 3 ½ 1-2 1-3 1-2 Lost 4
Philadelphia 1 5 .167 4 0-2 1-3 0-1 Won 1

Get your facts straight before spouting of rent-a-mouth.

CaptainwhoistrulytryingtounderstandCoppertone :rolleyes:

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MJ

MJ put up another 31 points, and shot 50 % in a losing effort last night. The team is still struggling, but the play of Micheal Jordan continues to get better. I think come Christmas time he will be putting up 30 pts on a consistent basis.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, but.....

Final Box Sign up for the NBA Audio League Pass
Final 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
Milwaukee 29 29 26 23 107
Washington 29 12 37 20 98

These are the only points that really matter when a loss is in the column......

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAptain

IF I was a wizards fan then I would give a shite but I don't fcuken care if they go 0-60 for the rest of the season. As long as Jordan plays well and keep putting up the numbers I don't fcuking care. So if you are going to bash the wizards go do that on the NBA thread not the MJ thread. Right now as we speak MJ has 41 points and is having a great game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But....

The obvious question is ARE THEY WINNING? The last time I checked, basketball was a TEAM game. He is a part of a shocking team. Why he came back, I'll never know. BTW, I was a big fan of Michael Jordan's. He is arguably one of the best players ever. No one can doubt that BUT he should not have come back. He was on a breakaway the other day and did a fcuking layup, this while all the fans were starting to stand up for one of his patented dunks. BOOORRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG..

Anyway, I guess I should go check if Washington is winning, and if they are, which bad team they are beating.....

CaptainwhoknowswhatbuttonstopushwiththeHabsfans

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Figured......

Final Box Sign up for the NBA Audio League Pass
Final 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
Utah 27 21 29 24 101
Washington 23 26 18 25 92

Jordan with 41 points, 7 boards, and NO turnovers. Impressive numbers. Almost as impressive as his 33 shots. The next player took 15 shots, followed by 7. Now that is sharing the rock...:rolleyes:

Michael, retire before this gets really embarrassing.....

Captain

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MJ

Capt. You can't are not pushing any buttons here cause I am not a wizards fan. I just like you like MJ and he is still playing well. He averges 27.1 PPG and with a supporting cast that watches him play instead of helping him there is not much he can do.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's fantastic if Jordan can score points. Imagine that. The greatest player in NBA history can still average over 25 ppg.

The problem with this is that while MJs scoring ability has not diminished, his ability to win has. The Wizards are 2-7 and haven't played that tough a schedule so far.

I don't think Jordan made this comeback to score points. This was a business move to improve the team and make the franchise more reputable. And you do that with winning.

Lots of guys in the NBA can score points. Hell, Jerry Stackhouse has probably been one of, if not the, top scorers in the NBA over the past two years. And the Pistons haven't came within a sniff of the playoffs. Same goes with Antoine Walker and the Celts. Or Antonio McDyess and the Nuggets.

Jordan's goal was simple - get the Wizards into the playoffs. Now, if that means dropping the scoring average to get other guys involved, so be it. I consider playing "good basketball" to be doing whatever it is possible to get your team in the win column. You can't equate a high scoring average to playing well, can you? How well can a guy be playing if his team is 2-7?

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei

So what you are saying is to put the blame on MJ for the 2-7 start. If they didn't have MJ in the lineup the two games they won would have been loses. You can't say that his winning ways are over cause he has nobody to play with. I would compare the wizards to the Memphis Grizz, but the Grizz have more talent. The wizards only have MJ the rest of the team are a bunch of either washed up players or guys to young to even play.

Mj scored another 30 points with 6 helpers last night, but they lost again. They have only one other player getting double figures in points. All teams are doing are doubling down on MJ and Davis and that takes away their threats. They need more help and they have to make a trade. They make a trade soon and they might have a chance at the playoffs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's not what I'm saying

In his prime, Jordan could have carried this Wizards team to the playoffs. No dobut in my mind. His ability to take over a game was unparalelled. But now, he doesn't have the ability to just score at will, and at crucial times. The drives aren't as fierce. The hangtime isn't as long. The circus shots aren't falling as often.

He's basically an amazing perimeter player with a touch of driving ability. This could all change, he could find his legs and begin to be the leaping and slashing Jordan that once terrorized the league. But as it stands right now, he's not even close.

Is it his fault that they're losing? No. But he can't save this franchise, and that's basically what his return to the NBA was all about.

I think a lot of this whole mess has to do with the fact that when Jordan announced his return, it overshadowed how bad the Wizards really were. They're an awful team. Their starting forwards are pathetic - Laettner can't rebound, and White can't play offense. Rip Hamilton is playing in Jordan's shadow, and rarely comes out to show that he has any sort of talent. Chris Whitney is average at best. Courtney Alexander thinks he's a lot better than he is. Kwame Brown is about 3 years away from becoming a good player, and Popeye Jones works hard, but is undersized and underskilled.

Despite this, I think if Jordan came to this team in his prime, they'd scrape their way into the playoffs. What we're witnessing with this return is 1) Washington is terrible and 2) Jordan isn't Jordan anymore.

But he very well could average 30ppg.

-Sensei.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei

If he averages 30 ppg and keeps his other stats up he will be almost averaging what he did in his career. I think that jordan can carry this team, but his teamates have to help jordan on the court and not watch him and excpect him to do everything.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't understand this b-ball thing, do you?

Coppertone,

and with a supporting cast that watches him play instead of helping him there is not much he can do.

What should they be doing when he launches over 30 shots a night? Cart-wheels? Maybe a few hand springs for good measure? Of course they're going to be watching because a lot of players in Jordan's career have watched him do things that defy the odds. But, as Sensei pointed out, he can't do these things any more. Did I mention that he actually did a lay up when he had a clear cut breakaway? :rolleyes: So, his 30 points are wonderful, but they are 2-10. Yes, he can be to blame for some of it, because the other donkeys on the team are relying on a 38 year old 'swingman' to win games for them. Obviously, the strategy is not working. Hang 'em up, MJ, or change your role on the team......

Give it up Kareem Abdul Jacoppertone. You are way off here and Sensei the moderator knows this better than anyone.

Captain

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tinsley

I think Jordan and his Wizards were to busy watching Tinsley school them.I'm starting to think that Jordan is done,also never in a million years would the old Jordan let a ROOKIE school him like Tinsley did last night.Where did this kid come from?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tinsley

I'll take this one.

He played at Iowa State - but I don't know if he only played 2 years there or the full 4. I think he was a juco transfer, not too sure, but I do know that he played 4 years of College ball. He's a New York kid, I heard Kenny Smith on TNT saying that he's been watching him and the other NY point-guard products, and that Tinsley is the best of 'em all. He and Marcus Fizer took the Cyclones to the Elite 8 two years ago....a team which many felt was Tinsley's team, not Fizers. Hmmm.....

Tinsley was the #1 PG prospect going into last year's draft, but two things hurt his draft positions - 1) He didn't go to any pre-draft camps, figuring that he wouldn't drop from the #1 PG spot. And 2) His team, a #2 seed, lost to #15 Hampton in the first round of the NCAA tourney in his senior year. Nobody really got to see him go deep in the tourney, and apparently that cost him in the long run.

Anyways, the kid is a gamer and looks like an easy ROY frontrunner thus far. I know that only 2 PGs went ahead of him - Jeryl Sasser to Orlando at 23, and Raul Lopez to the Jazz at 24. Basically, every NBA team figured it was a weak draft year for guards, and everybody went big in the first round. Well, that looks like an ass-backwards move now.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Game Tonight

jordan scored 18 points and got 5 assits last night in a losing cause. Tonight he has Alan Iverson to deal with. Iverson is coming off a bad game against the Raptors where he and the 76ers were beaten 107-88. This is not a good thing for the wizards. I think Jordan will play Iverson very tough, but it will be nice to see who will take this one. Any thoughts on this one guys.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI

Coppertone~

You do know that Jordan will not guard Iverson don't you?? Cause if he did it would get ugly fast! :eek:

knvbwondersifcopperbrainknowswhy?

Sensei~ Love the new avator but if your going to have a ball player why not go with the best EVER!!

MAGIC :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight will be an excellent chance for Doug Collins to unleash Tyronn "Mingin' Cornrows" Lue on Allen Iverson. Lue, who guarded Iverson for about 7 minutes in last year's NBA Finals, has been riding some serious pine for the Wiz this year. This could be his big opportunity to showcase his talents for MJ and Collins....or he will get torched, proving that picking him up in the off-season was a stupid move and a waste of salary cap space. Methinks the latter is a probable situation.

Either way, Jordan 'aint gonna guard Iverson at all one-on-one. You'll see MJ take Mutombo in the post before that happens.

KNVB,

Bird is the best, and most clutch, shooter to ever play in the NBA. Period. The league (and I) have been trying to find his replacement for years. I call the contenders for Bird-dom "hopefuls", while the Captain calls them "big white donkeys". Either way, no unathletic cracker has come close to eclipsing what Larry did in the league. So he gets avatar status.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0