Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Micheal Richards....what a bone head??

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone hasn't seen what he did I will insert the clip and the apoligie on Letterman.

This guy sure dosen't seem like he is sorry!

WOW!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0gxgZBmG0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXaXffoQyc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it funny how he says that everyone does it!!

I can't believe he went back on stage and tried to do another comedy act!

His career is over, can't see anyone putting him on a tv show again

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, did he ever snap. I'd heard it was uncomfortably funny, but it was just plain uncomfortable.

Yeah, he's finished.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now two young guys are sueing him. I want to say it is a money grab but from hearing the clip and the two guys yelling at him that it was uncalled for right from the beginning....I feel it's justifed.

Looks like Kramer is going to lose some dough!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Money grab.

Defamation needs to have effect in order to have grounds. Richards only defamed himself in this case. You can't sue for hurt feelings.

Of course, they'll probably claim emotional distress causing hardship, and some idiot judge will find for them in order to "send a message".

He was an idiot, and his career is ruined. Leave it at that.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seinfield has always been one of my favourite shows, and I watch all the re-runs all the time.

Kramer was a great character, and added a great dimension to the show.

I watched it right after I found out about what he said, and it honestly has skewed my opinion of the show now, although it shouldn't, as the "Kramer" on Tv is different than the real Kramer, but it still sits in the back of the mind.

Interesting thing is all his happened right before the DVD release of the show, and no doubt it is going to effect sales of the DVD.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Seinfield has always been one of my favourite shows, and I watch all the re-runs all the time.

Kramer was a great character, and added a great dimension to the show.

I watched it right after I found out about what he said, and it honestly has skewed my opinion of the show now, although it shouldn't, as the "Kramer" on Tv is different than the real Kramer, but it still sits in the back of the mind.

Interesting thing is all his happened right before the DVD release of the show, and no doubt it is going to effect sales of the DVD.

Its dvd set is almost complete and I doubt it will effect Seinfeld's sales at all.

I wonder if Dr. Phil can fix the problem??

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the other hand, it's strange how this sort of racism is considered funny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDhiqGX9zZw"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I thought you were bring over a white boy, I don't see a white boy, all I see is a FOOL."

Too funny watching that clip after what happened with the K-man.

hos

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because Borat(Sascha Baron Cohen) IS Jewish, Michael Richards is NOT "Afro-American"
even though it's actually "African-American"

Russell Peters has some outstanding racial Humour, but he IS Indo...He pokes fun at White Guys, Chinese, Indo-Canadians, and he is Canadian to boot.

Racial humour can be funny, but it is also walking a knife edge...One slip and you are done.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And then there is this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q8LxO4wnCQ"]YouTube - chris rock- racism[/ame]

The difference between Ni&*ers and B;lack People...

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
These other guys have it in their routines. They do not attack their audiences in a confrontational manner. K man just all out lost it. That was not planned dialogue in his act. Their is a difference.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You if you plan to make racist comments it's OK?
If you don't plan them then it's wrong?

Interesting

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what he is saying is that people (i.e, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy) have routines were racial comments come up all the time but Micheal Richards pointed fingers and directed his material to a few indivduals in the crowd. He wasn't trying to be funny he was aiming his efforts at personal feelings by using racial slander!

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
I think what he is saying is that people (i.e, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy) have routines were racial comments come up all the time but Micheal Richards pointed fingers and directed his material to a few indivduals in the crowd. He wasn't trying to be funny he was aiming his efforts at personal feelings by using racial slander!

Exactly

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0