Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Micheal Richards....what a bone head??

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh i see now, so if you are making racist comments to a race as a whole it's OK, but if you are picking on certain people then it's not OK.

Sorry, my misunderstanding.
:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, but I laughed my ass of to the Chris Rock segment!

But, yeah...the irony isn't lost on me that it is OK for black people to drop an N-Bomb, but nobody else. But, is it for anybody else besides that racial minority to decide for them who calls them what?

Personally, I'm not going there. But, thank God there are guys like Rock that can make light of the whole situation.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad stuff indeed........he was acting and sounding like a junkie........even on the Letterman show........

****ing idiot..........great on the Seinfeld but a ****ing idiot apparently in real life.......

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah. Chris Rocks comments make me uneasy.
Michael Richards comments were simply those of man stuck in a moment of Madness.

Unexcuseable. I don't know if this puts him back on the map, or ruins him forever...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
On the other hand, it's strange how this sort of racism is considered funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDhiqGX9zZw

Am I the only one who laughed? :D

"You've had plastic surgery...you've had your horns removed!" :D

Keeper: the PC Police have gotten a hold of you. Clearly, the actor is TTPing Kazats(sp) for their views and antiquated belief system. Besides, it's funny.

As for Richards...his punishment will be that his career is through, and he'll be known as a racist. Sued or not, rich or poor, he's made his bed. The way he snapped...he can't pawn that off as an act.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Borat is a brillant man! One of the funniest new comedians out their....comparing him to Micheal Richards is so far off.

I can't wait till you post some Robin Williams, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy or that fat white redneck that sings about Christmas because all of them are at least closer in comparsion then Borat.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets move on...

Hey lets talk about how this dance is so wrong.:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwPVSvTATOY"]YouTube - Carlton Dance[/ame]

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Borat new? He actually was what made him famous (as a reporter from Albania, who then came from Kazakhstan), and that was in '95. Da Ali G show started in 2000 with him as a character. Not really new, but yes, lets move on.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Keeper: the PC Police have gotten a hold of you. Clearly, the actor is TTPing Kazats(sp) for their views and antiquated belief system. Besides, it's funny.
Not at all. I think Borat -- as you could see from my reaction in one of the many Borat threads -- was halarious. What I was simply suggesting was that we (read: society) are extremely hypocritical when it comes to what we can say or listen to.

I find it facinating how we say Richards behaviour is deplorable and racist, yet Borat (rather, Cohen) is very funny. We recognize that Cohen is offensive but we still find it funny.

Chris Rock is also very funny. But the clip posted above is not. At least, I can't find any humour in it. Then again, I could stand to watch all of it. After about 57+ "ni***rs", I felt uncomfortable and I certainly wasn't laughing.

As for Eddie Murphy, I don't really remember all that many "ni***rs" popping up in his routines. At least not as many as we hear these days. Just more swear words.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "line" that one can cross from humor to- in this case- racism is a moving target.

You have to hope that most intelligent people can recognize that. Clearly, some people in the Richards audience aren't intelligent (the people who kept laughing). The Rock stuff...agree at points he definitely tap danced on the line...but he's a black guy making fun of his own people. And, in his humor, he exposes a lot of the generalizations and hypocritical beliefs that a lot of people outside the community wouldn't dare touch, for fear of being labeled racist.

Captain / Keeper...this would make a seriously interesting topic in Social studies. I know my teacher took a week to explore racism, stereotypes, etc. Would you guys be allowed, or even supported, if you took this discussion to a grade 11 or 12 socials class? Is it too risky?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Captain / Keeper...this would make a seriously interesting topic in Social studies. I know my teacher took a week to explore racism, stereotypes, etc. Would you guys be allowed, or even supported, if you took this discussion to a grade 11 or 12 socials class? Is it too risky?
It's called Social Justice 12, and yes, some parents think it's part of the Gay Agenda. Last I heard, the course is development and the Abbotsford & Surrey PAC committees are likely looking to have it banned (guessing on the last part).

While I think it's a good idea for elective course, I'm not happy about how it came about. It was reported that it came out of a civil judgment from two men who fought against same-sex discrimination. If I'm not mistaken, a judge ordered that the goverment provide such a course.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was laughing the whole time....now it all makes sense!!

And they said they show was about nothing:eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0