Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 MOTW: Nov 25-27 Div 2 FVSL

What is the MOTW?

• Coyotes vs Gunners

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • FCFC vs Poco City

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Hades vs Dynamo

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again it is time for the ever-popular, often imitated but never duplicated MOTW thread. As always, I offer up for your perusal the following MOTW candidates:

Surrey Coyotes host Port Moody Gunners (2A): Of all the matches in 2A this coming weekend, this appears to be the most interesting, though that's not saying a lot on a weekend full of top team/bottom team matches. That being said, however there is an intriguing element to this match in that it is being played out at the landing strip known as Erma, which may prove problematic for the turf-tested Gunners. Moody has not generally shown as strong on grass as on turf thus far this season, and could be tripped up by a game Coyotes squad. However unlikely, there is a very real possibility that Moody could falter here, and with LUFC playing woeful White Rock Moody can ill-afford to drop points here. MOTW?

Five Corners FC host Poco City United (2B): Poco faltered a bit this past weekend with a draw against Abby, but now the real test and fun begins for this team as they find themselves 11 points behind Aldergrove, with four games at hand. Theoretically, they are in the driver's seat in this table as running the table would give them top spot by one point over Alder. Not an easy test this weekend in FCFC out at MAP, but one that Poco should take nonetheless. That being said, if they do not bring their 'A' game it may just be a quiet trip back over the Port Mann thinking of an opportunity lost. Should be a good match. MOTW?

North Coquitlam Hades host LUFC Dynamo (2C): Here come the Hades...unbeaten in 8 since an opening loss to begin the season, the Hades appear to be eyeing promotion after last season's collapse. With a game at hand on DFC, Hades face a tough test in the Dynamo, who sport an identical record to the Hades and are also in the thick of the promotion battle in this table. Two fairly evenly matched teams on paper that played to a 1-1 draw in their first meeting. MOTW?

Make your picks, post your banter.

~Shaven

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Shaven The Royals and Rams game will be match of the week, as we hate each other, just wait and see how many cards come out of this game and if we win our first agme of the cup play against the Coyotes then we play the Royals again.

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
gunners vs coyotes? pheonix coyotes? both teams are not allowed in MOTW. we beat them handly, 2-0, but with about 90% possession at the beggining of the season. we never start off a season well, and you could see that with our finishing touch. Prediction: 5-1, the one cause we always seem to let in more goals on grass, in this case, 1.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I'd agree that it's a tough week for MOTW. None really worthy.

It is a tough week for MOTW, as the Hades/Dynamo match is the only one of note, really. However, I try to represent all three tables, so thus the inclusion of the 'Yotes/Gunners matchup. It was the Havarti in a pile of Blue Cheese. ;)

~Shaven

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Sorry KH, not bloody likely. :D

~Shaven

Sorry Shaven you are way wrong, you gave us match of the in week three because of the rivalry we have and that game was intense a few red cards, lots of late tackles I know my team is close to the bottom but that shouldn't take away that this game is going to be a war I think Soccermom would agree we have a history of our games being great ones, super intense lots of goals (more from the Royals :rolleyes: ) it's like Celtic and Rangers in Scotland, United and LIverpool/Arsenal or Liverpool vs Everton, Citeh and United or maybe like the old days Rams vs Forrest an out right war :eek:

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hades 2-0 langley
i think the hades have shown they mean business now and langley simply didn't impress me. plus the hades have dropped their bc flag kits for the traditional baby blue hockey undershirts. tough to see for sure through the game suspending fog saturday night but i think they've got some new kids out as well.

r0y4l

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
as KH says our games are always war. don't know if that makes it motw worthy, but it is definitely a huge rivalry, perhaps the biggest in div 2? (im not actually sure, have no idea about other teams' rivalries)

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hades, Hades , Hades...These guys folded up like my Foreskin last year, why should this year be different. Oh yeah, this year they had a slow start too...Langley wins a sleeper 1-nil.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Sorry Shaven...I know my team is close to the bottom

No need to apologise KH, however I think its quite obvious why you're not a MOTW candidate.

Kevin Hector said:
Sorry Shaven...I know my team is close to the bottom

Are you picking up on what that reason might be yet?? In Week Three, this match meant something. Now, it means little to anyone not playing in it. No disrespect intended, just the reality.

Backline, Hades started well and finished poorly last season...seems the trend is reversed this season...if you can call 8 straight unbeaten 'reversing' a trend. Hades 3-1

~Shaven

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Backline, Hades started well and finished poorly last season...seems the trend is reversed this season...if you can call 8 straight unbeaten 'reversing' a trend. Hades 3-1

~Shaven

You really have your panties in a bunch over us don't you Shaven. Are you ever going to realize that we have moved on from the unfortunate falling out we had? You post over us all the time trying to make us angry when in fact, it's pathetic. Everyone else recognizes I was only having a little fun. Hades are a good team, we at NDN have been saying it since the start of the season. But to announce them as the second coming and throw your support behind them is laughable...Who have they beat??? LUFC has only one loss and they beat the mighty Celtic!!!

Watch out Hades the last time Shaven threw his support behind a team, he joined them the following year...

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
You really have your panties in a bunch over us don't you Shaven.

Ah, no. Nothing malicious or otherwise at all intended bud, just a response is all. Overreacting, much? Not a shot, seriously.

Franchise, if you call a knee injury 'riding the pine', then yes, that is what I'm doing :( . I likely won't play or train at all again this season, so on the sideline supporting my team is where you'll find me.

~Shaven

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
this "knee injury" must have taken place in training.
not a shot....but seriously.....franchise pinned the tail on the donkey w/ his last post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0