Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Moving on, new coach

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fonseca was involved with the Cliff Ave. academy that is now bearing some serious fruit in terms of youth players in Burnaby... many have been snapped up by the Whitecaps... how he did with a group of young adults who were developed years before he was involved is totally irrelevant...

Could we please stop judging our development scheme on players who pre-dated it...

Great points mtkb! Hey, I'm not saying that Fonseca is going to be a saviour for all that is wrong with Canadian soccer, and believe me there is a lot wrong, but Fonseca is good at what he does, and I have personally seen the effects he has left with some excellent players coming out of Burnaby. Again, he is a small piece to a major puzzle and I don't want to see his character questioned or compromised if unrealistic objectives are not met. The same thing goes for a guy like Dale Mitchell who was put in a position to fail as a national coach IMO.

In any event, his position as TD will and should affect us through our Provincial Associations. We all have opinions on that. Let's see what transpires. I know Fonseca can personally make players better, much better. Can he make coaches better? A REAL challenge for anyone in this country.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby we need Canadian Pro league in orther for Foseca to inprove our program. We have somany kids in acadaies but they have no place to go.
This is the bigest probem here. Teaching club coaches how to coach will make no improvment. His job is going to be mostley to setup programs for U17 and up in mens side. They must save money and add two more teams in NASL in orther for Canadian kids to get the playing time in orther to develop.
Only with addition of NASl we can go to next step. Caps Toronto and Montreal could not care less if our kids play or not.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Colin Miller as a new head coach of FC Edmonton. Here we go. Lads kick that ball and chase is as fast as possible.
It might bring results if he adds more Canadians. Very Interasting.
Boys Club just give jobs to your own. Love it.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB asylum wao you must be belonging to Roman gods they would like to lock all so they can rule. Not going to happen we live in British backed land. Just look at Toronto shirt. It dam well looks better than Caps.
Cleaning wax out of your ears tends to stable your balance.
St Jose guy is the man rest of us would like to be asked to coach our side. Both he and Mark Watson know what goes on in that upper chaimber. Ktmb if you can not demostrate they will never learn. Playing ability is a must to good coach.

One does not have to have been a racehorse to be a good jockey. Arrigo Sacchi

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elmms a shity trainer and the horse goes south. Lads need skill it is not going to happen with your friend. We like him but far from a good coach. They just pass jobs to their frierdns. Country losses 8 to 1 Coasta Rica. Go figure out what that's all about.
the guy that head best results from them all gets kicked in the ars.
I am sure he will end up with a Europian side very soon.
Vic might be a nice guy but gods afull manager. Mens side has bee a joke for a such a long time make you lough when you see it all.
His storage must be getting full of crap.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elmms a shity trainer and the horse goes south. Lads need skill it is not going to happen with your friend. We like him but far from a good coach. They just pass jobs to their frierdns. Country losses 8 to 1 Coasta Rica. Go figure out what that's all about.
the guy that head best results from them all gets kicked in the ars.
I am sure he will end up with a Europian side very soon.
Vic might be a nice guy but gods afull manager. Mens side has bee a joke for a such a long time make you lough when you see it all.
His storage must be getting full of crap.

That_Wasnt_Chicken[1].jpg

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Elms did you see the score. He lost four to zip to Denmark. That tells you everything. Denmark is as big as Nova Scotia or smaller.
Maybe they should play nine men behind the ball. Kick and run does not work. These kids lack basicks, even at twenty fie years of age.
As I said before give me a chance to select twenty guys and no one will beat us four to zip.Denmark plays fast pace up and down game. You can only counter attack country like Denmark. If you play open soccer they will take you apart.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good performance by Canada on a betting standpoint for the punters. :) I know a few people who profited nicely from Canada being so bad.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am in Brazil and surprisingly they showed US v Canada MNT here.

Things I heard from the commentors:

- "In 20 min, Canada has had no play buildup in the US half, resorting to pressuring the ball and (when recovering it) booting it long up the field trying for route 1"
- "The Canada defender clears the ball again to the touchline, booting where the nose is pointing"
- "Maybe if de Rosario would play all positions, taking the corner and running to head the ball in, they'd be better..."
- "Once more Canada boots the ball aimlessly up the field and surrenders possession easily for the Americans to bring the ball up again.."
- "US disappoints by having strong difficulty to beat a very weak Canada team."

There is an obvious bias in the comments for Brasilians appreciate teams that keep the ball on the ground and show technical skill, equating punt-and-pray/kick-and-run teams with guys who just play bad soccer and are unable of doing it right (can't disagree). The Americans got a lot of flack for their innefective play, lack of punch on their attacks, etc. but not for their style or perceived ability to play the game at a high level.

Sorry to say, but we suck big time!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet you if we select 18 guys from Halifax to Vancouver from senior men league and put Canadian shirts on them they would win more games than our National side. To add to it no player above twenty six years of age.
CSA would play for Hotel and meal money. CSA guys up top should try it to see where it all went wrong. That's the only way to fix it.
Maybe they can beat us in skill but in size strength and defence no chance.
Handuras beat US 3 to 1, CSA boys need to sit down and spend bit of time in Handuras to see where we need to improve and how.
Youth is the probem in Canada , Senior men leagues are no problem.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olivier stood up for the right reason but just the same he got suspended for six game. Same as Sinclair she was hundered percent right, we all could see that croock doinig it to Canada. As I said before. All we have to do is move to Icland group for and all be fine.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Colin Miller as a new head coach of FC Edmonton. Here we go. Lads kick that ball and chase is as fast as possible.
It might bring results if he adds more Canadians. Very Interasting.
Boys Club just give jobs to your own. Love it.
Miller's Canadian MNT lost 1-0 yesterday in Edmonton.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Miller as the coach.
He gave a lot of players a good look in a mean nothing game...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miller's Canadian MNT lost 1-0 yesterday in Edmonton.

What else is new :rolleyes: ....

These Edmonton games should be played during their 8 months of winter...

What sort of home field advantage does Edmonton provide when it's not cold or snowing... Should have just played at bmo as usual, maybe have gotten a better crowd...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See this country will never learn. For National games they should charge parents kids 12 and under go in free. Big crouds would spark our guys to play better. Kids buy dogs and drinks make bit of money on that is better then empty stadiums.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0