Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mr. Azzi will not let go...

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
And neither will Mr. Mills. Never let facts get in the way of a good story:

Super soccer league off

Super soccer league off

Vancouver Metro league teams lead pullout

Dan Olson, The Record

Published: Saturday, March 27, 2010
What was to be a B.C. super soccer league is now just a super mess.
Vancouver Metro Soccer League president William Azzi said that the disintegration of a proposed B.C. Premier Soccer League wasn't pretty, nor was it healthy. It was, however, the equivalent to a really tough loss.
"I'm definitely not going to go and take this up again," Azzi said of the pitch that involved men's premier clubs from the Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Vancouver Island leagues.
super-soccer_rcrmar27.jpg
View Larger Image The highs and lows: The concept for a men's super soccer league is currently off the table, at least for the present.

Larry Wright/THE RECORD"I had a bad time personally, I had trouble sleeping but I take this stuff too seriously."

Pushing the proposal for the past couple of years, the retired school teacher and longtime league president had hammered out an agreement between the three circuits and the membership that would have seen a B.C. premier league begin play this September, composed of the top four VMSL and top three each from FVSL and VISL from the 2009/10 season.
At his league's AGM last May, all teams voted to support it, with some questions about funding and travel being the only sticking points. The Vancouver Island league began to build a contingency fund for travel subsidies.
But confusion and disagreement from some members in the Vancouver circuit - considered the province's top amateur loop - created enough dissent to throw a fistful of wrenches into the works.
One of the main issues was composition, with a handful of VMSL teams unhappy that only four of its members would be included in the original 10-team format. So Azzi approached the other two leagues in January with their concerns, and the parties agreed to include two more Vancouver squads, turning it into a 12-team league.
However, eventually the people questioning the move began to sway the majority and last month Azzi notified his fellow league presidents that the VMSL was pulling out of the proposal.
"I guess it boiled down to a couple of shepherds and a bunch of sheep," Azzi said of his membership's change of heart.
The Vancouver league's sudden withdrawal didn't sit well with PoCo's Thomas Mills.
"It was a strange situation - everyone wants to get it going, even the people who don't want it to go were in agreement at the beginning," sighed the Fraser Valley Soccer League president. "In the end, they just couldn't agree on how to get it going. They acted like spoiled children."
Mills, who is also head coach of the PoCo FC Rangers, who placed second in the FVSL and would have been promoted to the proposed super league, said the B.C. circuit would have created a great opportunity to build soccer around the province.
He noted that the Vancouver Island league had already raised its registration fees to help build a travel subsidy reserve fund that all teams could draw from.
"This was a great opportunity to do something very positive together. I think it came down to some of the (VMSL) veterans who decided that they had it good, they didn't want to see the bigger picture."
In reaction to VMSL's move, the Fraser Valley has cancelled its annual all-star contest with the metro circuit, and is now focusing on creating an annual Fraser Valley-Island Cup tournament.
Both Azzi and Mills said the project is likely off the table for now.
"Who's to say if we'll be ready if (the VMSL) decides it wants it now?" Mills asked. "They have to come back to the table and approach us, but I can't say how we'd welcome it without some assurances that we're not all wasting our breath again."

Dan Olson is sports editor for the Coquitlam NOW

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would really like to know who's who. My recollection was there were 11 shepherds and one absentee.

Remarkably, the article appeared in New Westminster, home of the absentee club.

Coincidence?

Before that rep gets too outraged, let me be clear, I am TTPing him. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I have to thank you for this wonderfull find. I've incorporated it into my daily life. Yesterday I sent it to a supplier, asking for a price on a bin level indicator with 4-20 ma signal. :D

What would be great is if one of the Shepards wrote back to the reporter, expressing their side of things, and maybe asked for an interview. As they say, all press is good press.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In reaction to VMSL's move, the Fraser Valley has cancelled its annual all-star contest with the metro circuit, and is now focusing on creating an annual Fraser Valley-Island Cup tournament.

I'm sure this was the only reason for cancelling the legendary All-Star game!! :rolleyes:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure this was the only reason for cancelling the legendary All-Star game!!

Hasn't this been a lopsided blowout in the past few years for the VMSL?? Maybe the Island just wants to use up some of their contigency fund that they already collected for travel expenses! Last point maybe the FVSL all stars just want to be in a close game and the VISL all stars is a more even match up??:wa:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
May 28, 2008 against FRASER VALLEY ALL-STARS at 7:30 p.m. at South Surrey Athletic Park {Final Result: 5-3 -- goalscorers: Andrew Corazza (2); Johnny Sulentic (2); Tiernan King}

May 31 against VANCOUVER ISLAND SELECTS at Burnaby Lake West Complex {Final Result: 6-1 -- goalscorers: Johnny Sulentic, Mike Gomes, Tiernan King, Johnny Pashalidis, David Zaharija, Steve DeBlasio}

2009 All-Star Series: As a result of the two victories, the VMSL has won the 2009 All-Star Series!!

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I have to thank you for this wonderfull find. I've incorporated it into my daily life. Yesterday I sent it to a supplier, asking for a price on a bin level indicator with 4-20 ma signal. :D

What would be great is if one of the Shepards wrote back to the reporter, expressing their side of things, and maybe asked for an interview. As they say, all press is good press.

Great find Oranje!

What a fcukin joke of an article though. Mills and Azzi are both still delusional about this whole thing.

Sheep? Yes, we got bent over like sheep by Farmer Azzi and Farmer Mills but we got the last laugh.

Spoiled Children? More like the actions of our leaders left them looking worse than another brilliant president.

I have been speaking to the local paper in Surrey every week about our games and I have been giving them all the details about the bcpl off the record...however, the editor is working on his own article about the demise of the league and I will be sure to provide all the gory details. I'm also going to get in touch with this writer from New West.

Last edited by a moderator:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shearing sheep video was outstanding, btw.

This is heating up, I love it.

Azzi, come out and play...

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baby mama drama

AND ON THAT NOTE MR. AZZI......I HAVE FOUND YOU A BIG TIT FULL OF MILK TO SUCK ON.......

OFF TOPIC:
KNVB IS MY BEER BEING CHILLED?

sorry for the caps .. to busy to retype

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is safe to say TM feels he got sheep shear fcuked more than anybody out of this whole thing. The irony is that is was Azzie holding the sheares.

I don't have a clever way of working in this Yutube clip...but my God...

Maybe a voiceover of Regs asking the league who their media daddy is? :D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great find Oranje!

What a fcukin joke of an article though. Mills and Azzi are both still delusional about this whole thing.

Sheep? Yes, we got bent over like sheep by Farmer Azzi and Farmer Mills but we got the last laugh.

YouTube- sheep shearing FUNNY

Spoiled Children? More like the actions of our leaders left them looking worse than another brilliant president.

YouTube- George W Bush - American Idiot

I have been speaking to the local paper in Surrey every week about our games and I have been giving them all the details about the bcpl off the record...however, the editor is working on his own article about the demise of the league and I will be sure to provide all the gory details. I'm also going to get in touch with this writer from New West.

You got bent over like sheep..... and you got the last laugh?????

Ok let me say it again...You got bent over like sheep ..and you got the last laugh ???
Sorry ..but if you got bent over like sheep....there is NO way you got a laugh...let alone the last laugh...I think Azzi and Millsy are still laughing at that...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it last year or the year before that had the VMSL 8 FVSL 0 scoreline in the selects game at Town Center?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You got bent over like sheep..... and you got the last laugh?????

Ok let me say it again...You got bent over like sheep ..and you got the last laugh ???
Sorry ..but if you got bent over like sheep....there is NO way you got a laugh...let alone the last laugh...I think Azzi and Millsy are still laughing at that...

You're right ghouse, I'm sure Azzi and Mills are laughing hysterically about the entire situation.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was that BAAA BAAA
Hey who wore the gum boots WA or TM near the cliff..

Dooonnt Eat Me Liiisa

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it last year or the year before that had the VMSL 8 FVSL 0 scoreline in the selects game at Town Center?

An all-star game doesn't prove what league is better... best 11 maybe.

A Champions league between top 12 teams is the only way. :wa:

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Idea elbowroom. There should be a separate cup for a cross over Premier/Div1 mini champions league between VMSL and FVSL and the Island if thier interested. It's the only way to say who is the better teams.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^Why not have a superleague where the top teams from the VISL, FVSL and VMSL compete during the season? Oh wait... :wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0