Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mr. Azzi will not let go...

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it very funny that the FVSL is still bitter about the VMSL Premier teams saying no to this. It was a choice with no regrets or ill fate towards the FVSL or the VISL yet the FVSL keeps bringing it up. Or should I say certain individuals in the FVSL. Let it go. It's done.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob..buddy..you should read the above posts again..unless i am wrong here and I could be because I really dont know who some of these guys who hide behind Avatars are..But from what I can tell..its not FVSL guys here ..I was just pokin Reedie for fun..Believe you me we are over it and have moved on..We actually are now doing our own thing and right after the Provincials here we are getting together with the Island for some games and meetings on how we are going to run our New Mixed Cup this coming year. We also have a few other things in the oven...Lambchops maybe.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it very funny that the FVSL is still bitter about the VMSL Premier teams saying no to this. It was a choice with no regrets or ill fate towards the FVSL or the VISL yet the FVSL keeps bringing it up. Or should I say certain individuals in the FVSL. Let it go. It's done.

Interesting article, I find it funny how the VMSL initially agreed to the BCPL in the first place, which got this whole thing started in the first place. Then all of sudden backed out at the last minute. If the VMSL Premier teams were going to back out at the last minute, i'm sure neither the FVSL or VISL would have never put the effort into even dealing with the VMSL and put so much effort making something truly positive happen.

But whatever, like the VMSL league president said "too many sheeps and a couple shepherds" and too many spoiled children patting each other on the back i guess.

Anyways, life goes on, FVSL is getting bigger and better and VISL is doing well too. And the BCPL or a BC Champions League is most likely going to happen some day without question. It's just a matter of when. But I must say it's going to be interesting to see how it eventually works itself out to the right side. Who will take charge in the VMSL, and who will switch over first, and so on.

The Champions League idea seems like a good first step and a good initial tester toward a BC Premier League though. Keep in mind there's a reason why Europe went the way of the Champions League/European Cup in the first place, because that was the only way to really see who is the Champion of Europe. Same in this situation. Just because your the champions of Bulgaria (VMSL):D doesn't mean your any good until you test the waters. No offense to Bulgaria, Berbatov is not that bad.:D

And it's not the FVSL bringing it up. It's the newspaper writers bringing it up and Oranje posting it for everyone to read and respond, as i'm sure all the readers of that "The Reader" and "The Colonist" newspaper will have there own opinion and comments as well.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL Premier teams were not adequately consulted, advised or included and never agreed to play in a league with watered down competetive level. Full stop.

The rest of this is all spin.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Champions League idea seems like a good first step and a good initial tester toward a BC Premier League though. Keep in mind there's a reason why Europe went the way of the Champions League/European Cup in the first place, because that was the only way to really see who is the Champion of Europe. Same in this situation. Just because your the champions of Bulgaria (VMSL):D doesn't mean your any good until you test the waters.

Hmmm.... someone should come up with some type of playoff system to determine the best team in the province.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL Premier teams were not adequately consulted, advised or included and never agreed to play in a league with watered down competetive level. Full stop.

The rest of this is all spin.

And a 14 team Premier division is not watered down???

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it last year or the year before that had the VMSL 8 FVSL 0 scoreline in the selects game at Town Center?

I think that was the year where 8 of the selected all stars were unable to committ.

5-3 of 2009 is more just guideline...

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A 14 team vmsl premier divison for one season is still much better than the proposed bcpl. Mind you, there are still some teams in the vmsl that are questioning the manner in which the restructuring was kept in place by the executive...teams and people that apparently have very close ties to lawyers that have reviewed the vmsl constitution and the actions in question. I don't think we have heard the end of this and it should be an interesting and very well attended AGM in a couple of months.

Seeing those quotes by Azzi and Mills is a fcukin joke but going over all of this bcpl crap again is a waste of time and energy. The thing was a debacle from day one. It is time to focus on a great day of local soccer tomorrow (absolute cracker of a doubleheader out at Kinsemen and cup finals in South Surrey) and provincial cup beginning next week.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And a 14 team Premier division is not watered down???
don't you have a media ban?

This is going to get slapped to your posts from now on.

The opinions expressed by ghouse are those of his own delusional mind and do not necessarily state or reflect the views of the FVSL majority. Publication on his comments should not be considered or endorsed by anyone in their right mind. The TTP general public, FVSL and its employees do not express or imply any warranty or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or comments made by him.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outkast so I guess you are saying that if the FVSL had better players available, then they would fare better against the VMSL.

Thats a fair comment.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey boys life will go on with out the BCPL, stop wasting your time and just enjoy soccer where ever you are playing or coaching.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't you have a media ban?

This is going to get slapped to your posts from now on.

The opinions expressed by ghouse are those of his own delusional mind and do not necessarily state or reflect the views of the FVSL majority. Publication on his comments should not be considered or endorsed by anyone in their right mind. The TTP general public, FVSL and its employees do not express or imply any warranty or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or comments made by him.

Seconded.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranj who cares if Azzi will let it go. The problem is, he can not stop. Every club has gone down since he came in. He likes to make money in this league. The only way he can is by gouching guys with card causts. Soccer here is split in to two. VMSL has four clubs at premier level rest should play div one. Fraser Valley has three clubs at premier level rest should play div one. ACBC should pull out and go play in PCSL. Out of Merrit.
That is the only way they will make money to stay around. Local soccer is runned by few bigger club and that is it. It causts to much to go across to play in Victoria. A grand each time is not somthing that lot of clubs can aford. Azzi could send three teams in to PCSL and see it it is better than VMSL. He will let go soon. He dam, well head enough. He just wants to send few more Italian Clubs in to VMSL just to be known as a good guy.
Oranje it is waste of time to talk to him about soccer. He was the worst coach. What else can i tell you. I think he would have done better as a boxer coach. Ruben is a guy that is running most of it and old Joe and Angelo.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranj who cares if Azzi will let it go. The problem is, he can not stop. Every club has gone down since he came in. He likes to make money in this league. The only way he can is by gouching guys with card causts. Soccer here is split in to two. VMSL has four clubs at premier level rest should play div one. Fraser Valley has three clubs at premier level rest should play div one. ACBC should pull out and go play in PCSL. Out of Merrit.
That is the only way they will make money to stay around. Local soccer is runned by few bigger club and that is it. It causts to much to go across to play in Victoria. A grand each time is not somthing that lot of clubs can aford. Azzi could send three teams in to PCSL and see it it is better than VMSL. He will let go soon. He dam, well head enough. He just wants to send few more Italian Clubs in to VMSL just to be known as a good guy.
Oranje it is waste of time to talk to him about soccer. He was the worst coach. What else can i tell you. I think he would have done better as a boxer coach. Ruben is a guy that is running most of it and old Joe and Angelo.

Wait..you edited this post?????:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0