Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 06' - Results & Banter

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonights fixtures-

6:00
Inda vs China
Fiji vs Greece
Canda vs Argentina

7:45
Italy vs England
Scotland vs Ireland
Germany vs First Nations

9:00
Croatia vs The cheaters
F. Nations vs Scotland - Ladies
Carib vs Korea

I'm not sure how many are open and O-30's but there you have it. Here's to 75 sunblock and -5 degree pints.

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All tonights fixtures are the Mens Open division except the Scotland vs. First Nations game. That one is the first in the Ladies competition.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greece 0 Fiji 0

Booooring...not many chances on either end.
Both teams seemed to be feeing each other out, and wham-0. The sixty minutes was up.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1 Portugal 2

Reffing Horendous... Missed Red Card, his rationale even more horendous... Missed passback.... Winning goal 2 guys offside.... Can't win em all, but when you are getting robbed by the ref.... :eek:

Onto to Italy.

SoccerPaul

Jul 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
India 4 China 1
Fiji 0 Greece 0
Italy 1 England 0
Scotland 2 Ireland 2
Germany 1 First Nations 0
Portugal 2 Croatia 1

I donno bout
Canada vs Argintina
Caribeans vs Korea
Scotland vs First Nations (womens)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland 2 Scotland 2

Millar outcoached the Captain for 57 minutes tonight but Burnsie's experience showed through in the final 3 minutes of the game as Ireland overcame a two goal deficit. Millar graciously enjoyed the Irish pints afterwards which shows his true character as a coach and a person ;).

(OD on Ali's computer)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Croatia 1 Portugal 2

Reffing Horendous... Missed Red Card, his rationale even more horendous... Missed passback.... Winning goal 2 guys offside.... Can't win em all, but when you are getting robbed by the ref.... :eek:

Onto to Italy.

Who was reffing?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref was horrendous, but he was for both sides. As for our second goal, i was not offside, Frazao put in a curling cross from the outside, your defenders were just inside the 18, I was outside the 18 yard box when i was making my run and the ball was kicked.

Also, that wasn't a pass back to our goalie. Our defender cut off a pass by getting his toe to it, our goalie came out and slide to grab it befor it went out for a corner, there was no way that was done on purpose.

Having said that though, we didn't look very good, I thought Croatia looked very fit and passed the ball around better than we did.

Cheers,
jr

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note, Portugal are wearing black wrist bands in honour of Kevin Hearnes this weekend. Dario Riuz on our team has them. If any other team wants to do the same, he might have enough.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada 2
Argentina 0

up 2 nil in the first 20 minutes then took our foot off the gas. animal stopped a pk early in the 2nd half. should have had a couple more, but couldn't finish. 1st half not bad, 2nd half poor. should be a tough test today. caribbean were up 4-0 over korea when i left. korea hung in for a while but it was just a matter of time. after that, it turned into playground stuff.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1 Italy 1

Jose + 10 took off with the ball with less than 5 + injury. Great Game Renee... You always want the attention don't ya!! :eek:

Nice to see Zenga and a few other Itals... Good Luck tommorow against Portugal. Hopefully you get a ref that wants to be there to ref and not to create a scene!!

Can we make it 3 in a row with a horrendous ref.... Please send us Walks!!! :D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many times have we seen this with Renee?
PHP:
[Great Game Renee... You always want the attention don't ya!!  /PHP]
Honestly I think it's a joke the way he power trips on the field.There is no way he should be paid a full games ref fees, when he pulls these antics! After watching today's game as a player for either team I would be upset with his High horse attitude. All the Premier teams should file a complaint against him( wishfull thinking) and the league should let him ref Div 2 games for awhile and see the attitude he gets there! Just my two cent rant!:confused:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree,
I watched the Itl v Croatia game,
The offciating was absurd, abandone a game like that!?
c'mon, give your head a shake.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
How many times have we seen this with Renee?

Honestly I think it's a joke the way he power trips on the field.There is no way he should be paid a full games ref fees, when he pulls these antics! After watching today's game as a player for either team I would be upset with his High horse attitude. All the Premier teams should file a complaint against him( wishfull thinking) and the league should let him ref Div 2 games for awhile and see the attitude he gets there! Just my two cent rant!:confused:

From what I have heard (since my letter to the League) he is not Refereeing Women's games anymore because of his power trips...he red carded me on the sidelines for swearing. He gave me a yellow before that for saying "COME ON!" when I didn't get a call...no swearing, no direction at the Referee, just a general "COME ON" and I was yellowed!
This is the same guy that says things like "tuck in your shirt so I can see you ass"...yeah :rolleyes:
He's a joke...

striker14

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0