Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 06' - Results & Banter

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 4 England 1

Finally we get some goals in. Reffing was much better too. No powertrips today!! :p

I got in with 10 to go and a 4:0 lead... and i'd like to thank my boys for trying to set me up for a goal!!!

Croatia finishes 1 W 1 D 1 L

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Croatia 4 England 1

Finally we get some goals in. Reffing was much better too. No powertrips today!! :p

I got in with 10 to go and a 4:0 lead... and i'd like to thank my boys for trying to set me up for a goal!!!

Croatia finishes 1 W 1 D 1 L

So you were the only person minus 1... ;)

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
India 2 the Italians 1 as India wins the nations and Goldie take the MVP and Golden Boot and props to Andy coming in for the injured Didar from the Semi's on

India 2006

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a great weekend!

Though nothing like coming home from 35 degree heat into a condo of 45 degrees :rolleyes:

Kudos to the organizers for pulling this off, it seemed to work out well under the circumstances.

As already posted, India won the open over Italy 2-1. A very good game in the sweltering heat.

In the over 30s final, Canada won a hard-fought battle over England 3-1. Kuschy was a machine!

Over 38s had Scotland taking the honours.

Any idea who won the over 45s?

Ireland took the women's side of things, winning in PKs over England.

As a heads up, Up Front with Reed & Thomo will be delayed until Wednesday night (instead of tomorrow night). We will dedicate the first 30 - 45 minutes to Kevin Hearne.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Kuschy" was cleats up as per usual (you filthy snapper-head). The O-50's Richmond league is the ideal spot for you to sport your talents...

Kudos to the tourney's organizers as well as volunteers. All round it was a great weekend.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
is that because kuschy is jumping over your head that his cleats are up???

Congrats with the baby. 9 pound 9oz. zzzz germans have another machine in 19 years.

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to the organizers and the pints afterwards, was a bit bitter tasting after taking it to Ireland for most of the game, but if you don't score and let it get to penos, you're taking a risk.

Third time's a charm for '07 I guess...:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure we're talking about the same Renee here.....:confused: He reffed our game on Friday night against Scotland and I thought he had an excellent game. :confused:

Now the referee in the womens' final was horrendous......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ralph Wiggum said:
Thanks to the organizers and the pints afterwards, was a bit bitter tasting after taking it to Ireland for most of the game, but if you don't score and let it get to penos, you're taking a risk.

Third time's a charm for '07 I guess...:rolleyes:

Huh? Taking it to Ireland? :D Nice one, Ralph. :) You definitely had the best chance of the game....I still don't know how it didn't go in.........You had more than 25 minutes(including extra time) with an extra player too. That will teach you to play for a 0 - 0 draw. :D ;) Seriously though, Ralph, well done one organizing a well disciplined team.

On a side note, the Ireland goalie is now a perfect 9 for 9 in penalty shootouts. :)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wanted to give a quick shout to Willy and the rest of the Tournament organizers who pulled off another gem of a weekend.
Thank you very much.

It is truly amazing each year to see how many people make the trek out to Richmond and how easlily it seems to be pulled off.

Also, kudos on fixing the beer garden issue this year too.
VERY important. :D

Congratulations to India and the rest of the tournament winners.

Personal thanks to our coach Brian Cuthbert (and Ronnie Cuthbert too) and the rest of my Scotland 0-38 teammates.
I had a ton of fun.

Cheers,
Scotlandforever

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Huh? Taking it to Ireland? :D Nice one, Ralph. :) You definitely had the best chance of the game....I still don't know how it didn't go in.........You had more than 25 minutes(including extra time) with an extra player too. That will teach you to play for a 0 - 0 draw. :D ;) Seriously though, Ralph, well done one organizing a well disciplined team.

On a side note, the Ireland goalie is now a perfect 9 for 9 in penalty shootouts. :)

True, we didn't take it to them as much as play pass with each other off the posts and crossbar. Ire goalie did well, some nice tips. That's right, tips...:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was nice to meet you Alikira, I was a bit choked that I got to many pints in and missed the opportunity to have one or a dozen with you after, but like you said, had to get off to work, albeit a bit tuned...and my mates had to get home, one to get over his already fast forming hangover, the other over the sun-stroke...
The shirt is Magic! couldn't wear a dark colour in that heat! Had to sport the Away top...

The games were all well played, too bad We didnt get a chance to see what ten man Croatia(which at the point the official took off with the ball was somewhat controlling play) would have done in the last ten or so against Italy.

The India v Ireland game after that was pretty good too...
Missed Sunday due to Headache ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ralph Wiggum said:
True, we didn't take it to them as much as play pass with each other off the posts and crossbar. Ire goalie did well, some nice tips. That's right, tips...:D

You're right, Ralph.......probably two good tips. :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0