Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2007?

Leisure Larry

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoopy1,

Are you one of those disgruntled players that didn't make the team??:)
Or was it your brother, cousin, or neighbour that didn't.

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, I'm part of the over 30's set now and loving it! Pints between games just aren't the same when you're worried about chasing some 20 year old around in the heat.

It was actually my chacha's niece's friends second cousin who was cut....I took it pretty hard:rolleyes:

Overall, the team looked alright. I just think the coaches put way too much weight on performance in the Indian tourneys when picking players/giving playing time. It might have been better to look at where players play in Winter and Summer, e.g. Premier, PCL, etc. The level of the Indian tourneys actually isn't very good and when those smaller/weaker tournament players come up against older/stronger/more experienced players on teams such as, oh lets just say England, it can make for a tough matchup. Some of the boys were trembling out there just standing next to big Tom! Also of note, the average age of the teams in the finals was probably around 25....

From my view in the cheap seats, I thought it was a decent attempt by the first year coaches but, to the detriment of the squad, they were trying just a little too hard to put their stamp on the team. :eek:

Leisure Larry

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoopy1, agree with you about the pints and running around in the heat.

Just curious, which players should have been on the team that weren't? (according to your logic, they should be over the age of 25)

In looking at the line-up, most players play premier and/or PCSL. Div 1 at the least for a couple......I think you got your facts wrong.

All the over 30 guys I spoke to said the team looked good and would not have played (you yourself can't run around chasing 20 somethings)......be interested in hearing your "picks".

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this moaning about India is getting a bit much. I did not hear Italy lamenting all of the players it missed last year because they were away at the World Cup.

Get over it. Seriously.

To win the tournament you have to overcome adversity. Italy missed one important player with a suspension and the tournament mvp with an injury. They dealt with it and won. I am sure there are stories about the other teams too.

Croatia was missing Igor Vrablic and Branko Segoda while Scotland was missing Lee Davidson...oops, eighties flashback. Was that Tino Lettieri in goal for the Italians this past weekend? Where was the parrot? Those of you whose hair is starting to turn grey will know what I am talking about.

Can't wait for next year...

Leisure Larry

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranje, you ruined my fun. Rasa and Scoopy1 now have an "out":mad:
Wanted to here Scoopy1's mythical players aged 25+:p
Better luck next year, congrats to Italia and the tourney organizers.:D

Now need to start focussing on the VMSL......

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rasa, which Gurj are you referring to?? Clearly, you don't know what you are talking about. The two Gurj's on the team are both defenders?! and one was absent due to work. Do you think Gurj Sandhu would have come on and popped one in for India?? give your head a shake lad.;) Gurj Sandhu (if that is who you are talking about) is a good young player and will crack the line-up one day (as a stay home defender).

how about gary or bolina??

Scoopy1 your right about the coaches trying too hard to put their stamp on the team...perhaps some veterans on the field would have helped....

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
how about gary or bolina??

Scoopy1 your right about the coaches trying too hard to put their stamp on the team...perhaps some veterans on the field would have helped....

India, India, India, India...more ink (okay I'm dating myself) has been spilt talking about a squad that did not make it past England to even play in the semi, let alone the final.

Let's talk about how remarkable it was to get Xausa to buy into being a libero from the back, and Dalla Pace to come back from a serious head injury, and Corazza willing the winning goal into the back of the net. Is it too much to ask to discuss the WINNERS of the tournament? Or is the best we can talk about is how good they looked in that fabulous kit?

The reason why no one is talking about the mythical saviours is because, apart from Billy Shokar, who is still one of the best athletes in this province at almost 38 years old, India had no one to save them. Or did they think they could walk away with it because they beat Italy in a pre-tourney warmup?

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relax Leisure Larry.....I'm just relaying what the general feeling out there is. The coaches should be commended for volunteering their time as it's never an easy job to coach India but the results speak for themselves. This is the first time in quite a while that India hasn't advanced out of their group. They beat two mediocre teams (Canada was much weaker than in years past) and when they encountered a decent team they folded. Last years team knocked off 3 very good teams enroute to winning the cup (Germany, Scotland and Italy). This years team was a little too young and just didn't have the mental will to pull through in a close game.

Obviously you're just a little defensive about the whole thing so I'll just shutup now.

Orange, fcuk off.

Leisure Larry

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defensive????

I am just picking your brain. You still didn't provide any examples of veterans. Oranje had to come in and do it for you.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk Italy!!!! and fcuk India!!! Billy shoker is Magic but he is not Scotish!! Speaking of which I don't remember anyone beating Scotland exhibition or not!! The beer garden was good though. Didn't England tie Greece at some point? Where is Coachless?

Rangerforever for President!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time to turn off the tanning bed, put down the bottle of Olde English, and tuck in for the night up in the treefort I think...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0