Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2007?

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the defending champs, INDIA, do?, i didnt read once about them so im guessin they didnt pass the group stage, did they lose all the games?, how was the coaching?

I saw a couple of India's game, and I heard from a few the 'insiders'...I saw a lot of quality players sitting on the bench during the games. Seems, for whatever reason, the coaching staff refused to use certain subs, regardless of what was happening during the game. You're looking for a goal against England and Cj and Gurj are sitting on the bench? I don't get it...perhaps the coaches needed to assert their control?! I know one guy who is probably pretty happy about all this though:cool:

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i thought india outplayed england for most the game. they just couldnt finish. india was a young and gun fast team and played well. if they capitalized on there chances that game could have been 5-0 at half time. they must have had like 20-25 corners

You have got to be kidding me. 5-0 at half time. Right. India did not have one scoring chance until the last 5 minutes of the game to tie it up, but that would still have not been enough for them to go through. The England back four easily shut down the "young and gun fast team" Sure, India did have quite a bit more posession, but they lacked in the final third. For you to say that India should have been up 5-0 by half is a complete lie by someone who clearly did not pay any attention to the game.

SoccerPaul

Jul 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
does anyone know why CJ didn't play?

Cj's sister got married this weekend so he was busy. he showed up for the last 10 mins of the england game but wasnt warmed up or anything so he didnt go in.

as for indias scoring chances if u payed any attention to the the game they had way more then england. they just lacked in the finishing department. they were not as big as england and couldnt get the headers on. they had so many crosses where noone was able to tap it in.

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cj's sister got married this weekend so he was busy. he showed up for the last 10 mins of the england game but wasnt warmed up or anything so he didnt go in.

as for indias scoring chances if u payed any attention to the the game they had way more then england. they just lacked in the finishing department. they were not as big as england and couldnt get the headers on. they had so many crosses where noone was able to tap it in.

Actually I did pay attention to the game. I just have an unbiased opinion of what I saw out there. Of course you are going to say that you should have been 5-0 up at half time. That's what teams say when they lose. Always hard done by, right? And of course you couldn't get any headers on target. You never won one. Big Tom at the back for England absolutley won everything that came anywhere near him. Like I said before, India played some decent stuff, and sure they had a couple of chances, but you make it sound likeit was one way traffic out there which it clearly wasn't. Try looking at the game from a neutral standpoint.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparantly the Italian Consulate of Vancouver, contacted the FIGC (Italian Football Federation) and they allowed the consulate to buy a set of match authentic Puma Italia kits, 4 stars included, in which they donated to the ICSF. Guids and Ken (coach and Manager) hinted something was in the works, but when we saw the kit at training we were soo pumped, this was what we needed after being pumped 5-1 vs India last Monday night. When we put it on and started the tournament it was fantastic.

Im sure Oranje can add some to the story but to wear that kit was amazing.

Once again another great weekend put on by the organizers. Always a pleasure to play in it. Its hard to win and finally doing so was amazing.

Strangely enough, I was aware of the intrigue in this case. Inquiries were made by the consulate as to what could be done to enhance Italian culture and connections to the Italian-Canadian community. One of the suggestions was to become involved in supporting the Nations Cup squad. The Consul himself came up with the idea of the uniforms. There was a lot of hope from the ICSF braintrust but they had no idea what they would get (there were real fears of weird souvenir stuff). Much to their shock and amazement the official kit arrived 3 days before the tournament began. Even the smallest details were significant: the kit came packed in cartons sealed with packing tape bearing the seal of the Italian Federation, complete with the 4 stars logo, straight from Rome. It was Buon Natale in July! Each of the components: jersey, shorts and socks is the exact kit the Azzuri wears in international competition!

The challenge now goes out to the other squads to approach their consulates and embassies and lobby for the same treatment.

The Italians even feasted on San Pelligrino and pannini in between matches!

Forza Italia, Forza Azzuri! Congratulations to Italia for winning the double!

PS: Fantastic tournament. Great facility, great competition. The organizers ought to be proud. It gets better every year.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strangely enough, I was aware of the intrigue in this case. Inquiries were made by the consulate as to what could be done to enhance Italian culture and connections to the Italian-Canadian community. One of the suggestions was to become involved in supporting the Nations Cup squad. The Consul himself came up with the idea of the uniforms. There was a lot of hope from the ICSF braintrust but they had no idea what they would get (there were real fears of weird souvenir stuff). Much to their shock and amazement the official kit arrived 3 days before the tournament began. Even the smallest details were significant: the kit came packed in cartons sealed with packing tape bearing the seal of the Italian Federation, complete with the 4 stars logo, straight from Rome. It was Buon Natale in July! Each of the components: jersey, shorts and socks is the exact kit the Azzuri wears in international competition!

The challenge now goes out to the other squads to approach their consulates and embassies and lobby for the same treatment.

The Italians even feasted on San Pelligrino and pannini in between matches!

Forza Italia, Forza Azzuri! Congratulations to Italia for winning the double!

PS: Fantastic tournament. Great facility, great competition. The organizers ought to be proud. It gets better every year.

That's impressive!!!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...so in other words we should be asking the German consulate for Beck's and schnitzel, and full Adidas kit?

Hey Hoffman, get yer arse in gear!!!!!

:D

...at least get us a couple decent game balls for next year.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
...so in other words we should be asking the German consulate for Beck's and schnitzel, and full Adidas kit?

Hey Hoffman, get yer arse in gear!!!!!

:D

...at least get us a couple decent game balls for next year.

Yes, I am going to resurrect the Dutch squad and provide Nike Oranje jerseys, Heinekens, pannekoeks, poffertjes, oliebolen and genever.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posted by: Larry Dallas
"I just have an unbiased opinion of what I saw out there".
Then he finished his post with:
Try looking at the game from a neutral standpoint.
Funny stuff really... I really am a neutral observer and thought the match was uneventful in the first half, but England didn't give up anything for India to deserve a win... Actually, India didn't impress me at all... I can't believe CJ's family would let their daughter get married on Nation's CUp weekend!!! :rolleyes:

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nations was a blast as always, despite the rain. Cheers to the Richmond boys for holding a first class event.

From the games I saw, Croatia and the Wops both looked pretty good.

Caught some of the India/England game and thought that it was fairly even. India looked like a bunch of "fast kids" running around without a real sense of purpose...missing some guys from years past (why did Bindee (sp?) gut last years championship team:confused: ) and their lack of experience/physical play was painfully obvious from the sidelines. They were fun to watch though and with a years experience under their belt, India should be a contender again next year. Some of those kids can definitely play:) .

Leisure Larry

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like some more misinformation here about this year's India team. I have the inside scoop. The team was not "gut". The following players and reasons:

Harbinder Chohan: Injured
Surinder Jhanda: Work
Gurj "Carlos" Dhaliwal: Work and PCSL (Khalsa game on the Island)
Amar Thakar: Moved to Ontario
Raju Chohan: Quit the team due to lack of playing time:(
Surp Thind: Wedding in Ontario
Jyoti Thind: Wedding in Ontario
CJ: Sister's Wedding
Lav Mangat: Preferred to move to over 30's (He's 34 years old now).

All of the above were starters on last year's India team in the final.

Leisure Larry

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also,

Sukhi Bahia was the coach this year not Bindee. Bindee was also at a wedding in Ontario.....lots of people got married last weekend:bronco:

Leisure Larry

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw a couple of India's game, and I heard from a few the 'insiders'...I saw a lot of quality players sitting on the bench during the games. Seems, for whatever reason, the coaching staff refused to use certain subs, regardless of what was happening during the game. You're looking for a goal against England and Cj and Gurj are sitting on the bench? I don't get it...perhaps the coaches needed to assert their control?! I know one guy who is probably pretty happy about all this though:cool:

Rasa, which Gurj are you referring to?? Clearly, you don't know what you are talking about. The two Gurj's on the team are both defenders?! and one was absent due to work. Do you think Gurj Sandhu would have come on and popped one in for India?? give your head a shake lad.;) Gurj Sandhu (if that is who you are talking about) is a good young player and will crack the line-up one day (as a stay home defender).

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0