Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2007?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok... so you're down a pair of boots, socks, kit bag, and now a bike. hell of a weekend, captain!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok... so you're down a pair of boots, socks, kit bag, and now a bike. hell of a weekend, captain!

Found the kit bag......at O'Hare's on Sunday morning. :) However, the bike is not where I left it on Saturday as I just went and checked. Good news is the bike was on its' last legs.....bad news is for whoever decided to 'steal' it, the back tire is going to burst any day now. It looks like I'll have to ref a few games this week to get a new bike and I might even invest in a lock.

Tournament committee....any word on a 'lost' bike?

Yes, it was quite a weekend sixfyv. :D And don't forget what you said in the beer garden........Ireland's OPEN goalie next year......:)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
to quote conrad black... "i don't recall" :D ;)

(BURP)... honey... sorry i cant make dinner with your parents tonight... im medicating my wrist with 355mL pain killers... can you come pick me up after? what do you mean i can go fcuk myself?? (click)

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your bike was still there last night but to be honest I had less than enough energy to pick it up and store it for you.

I'll give a longer recap later tonight when my wife stops yelling at me and my kids figure out who I am:eek:

Winners were:

Mens Open - Italy
Womens Open - Canada
Mens O30 - Italy
Mens O38 - China
Mens O45 - Canada

Check the Website tomorrow for the complete results

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers again to Lean, Willy, etc. on putting on another great tourney.
The weather sucked but the atmosphere didn't.

Congrats to all the winners as well especially to Italy on winning the prestigeous double of Open & O-30s.

Shocked and stunned we were shut out, ;)
Scotlandforever

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your bike was still there last night but to be honest I had less than enough energy to pick it up and store it for you.

I'll give a longer recap later tonight when my wife stops yelling at me and my kids figure out who I am:eek:

Winners were:

Mens Open - Italy
Womens Open - Canada
Mens O30 - Italy
Mens O38 - China
Mens O45 - Canada

Check the Website tomorrow for the complete results

Thanks, Lean. I expect to be compensated by tournament for my bike going missing..........Can we agree to SIX HEINEKENS? Deucey, any chance of that big man? :D

So if it was there last night, was it on field number one still? I can't believe it was nicked on a Sunday night.

A sad end to an 8 year career.......That $100 bike had some good years. :(

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira,

You may want to wander down to the Flying Beaver and have a look around there mate :D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not me but anytime I see Ian Clarke dressed in your Celtic hat & green beard dancing about with the Women's Open Trophy, I have to wonder what other things could have occurred last night :D

Fantastic performance by Clarkie though ....... I'm sure there'll be a few pictures posted :D

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the defending champs, INDIA, do?, i didnt read once about them so im guessin they didnt pass the group stage, did they lose all the games?, how was the coaching?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not me but anytime I see Ian Clarke dressed in your Celtic hat & green beard dancing about with the Women's Open Trophy, I have to wonder what other things could have occurred last night :D

Fantastic performance by Clarkie though ....... I'm sure there'll be a few pictures posted :D

Clarkie's moves were okay but I didn't see the running man come out.....:D

My knees were too shot unfortunately to put on a performance so it was a good thing Clarkie wore the hat with pride........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the defending champs, INDIA, do?, i didnt read once about them so im guessin they didnt pass the group stage, did they lose all the games?, how was the coaching?

India won their first two games......lost to England 1 - 0.....They played some handy stuff in the two games I saw........but I didn't see the England game.......

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great tournament, a lot of fun like always. Great job by the organizers.

An interesting side note - All four teams in the Open Semi's were in the same group at last years Nations Cup.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our toughest game though was our first one, Scotland. Too bad we couldn't have played them in the final. SCK

That is gracious of you SCK. We had a couple of not used to eachother moments in the first 20 mins of the Italy game, and that cost us getting into the final, as we kind of got better as the tournament went on...

Although I must say that it would have been an interesting final with 3 Scotland players getting reds in the last two games. Congratulations to Italy, but the tournament MVP now missing our summmer league final is bad luck.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If any of the tournament organizers see this, did any of you see a bike over by turf field number one? :confused: It was left there since Saturday morning and I kind of forgot about it until today. Let me know if you saw anything while cleaning up last night.

You can also try Rusty's towing. It's on River Road, between 6 and 7 road, a short 3 hours and 55 minute walk from the top of Lonsdale.

$151 and you can get it back.

Very friendly staff, right JAGS?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can also try Rusty's towing. It's on River Road, between 6 and 7 road, a short 3 hours and 55 minute walk from the top of Lonsdale.

$151 and you can get it back.

Very friendly staff, right JAGS?

Ouch...........:(

I'm looking to buy a bike for that price. :)

SoccerPaul

Jul 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
India won their first two games......lost to England 1 - 0.....They played some handy stuff in the two games I saw........but I didn't see the England game.......

i thought india outplayed england for most the game. they just couldnt finish. india was a young and gun fast team and played well. if they capitalized on there chances that game could have been 5-0 at half time. they must have had like 20-25 corners

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone looked at the weather forecast for the upcoming week:mad:

The Nations Cup Committee would like to thank all of you that came to the tournament this year. The rain didn't hold back the loyal supporters of the tournament and the atmosphere was still outstanding. Hopefully everyone of you comes back next year and enjoys another great tournament.

Hopefully you can appreciate that we are the only ones at the tournament that don't actually watch complete games and are lucky to sneak a peek at the odd game. So game reports will have to come from the beer gardens... er I mean the spectators.

I have updated the website The Nations Cup with the complete results. I will continue to add to the website throughout the year so check back every once in a while to see what is new. We will be adding a section in the site to allow you to sign up for our contact list. We will be sending info out to this list as the tournament approaches next year.

Lastly, we continue to try and provide you with the best tournament that we can and are always looking for ways to make it better. If you have suggestions, complaints, ideas or CASH:D :D please get in touch with us through our email. We appreciate all of the feedback that we get and use the information to improve through the years. If you have photos of the tournament that you would like to share please contact us and we will make arrangments to get them from you. This does not mean you Capt., Walks or anyone else wearing an irish costume:knvb:

LeanleavingforKelownainacoupleofhoursandbringingtheclubs!!!

ps. Would one of the Italians please tell the story of the kit. I heard it but it would be better to have you guys tell it. Tremendous!!

See you all next year at the 29th Annual Nations Cup Tournament

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparantly the Italian Consulate of Vancouver, contacted the FIGC (Italian Football Federation) and they allowed the consulate to buy a set of match authentic Puma Italia kits, 4 stars included, in which they donated to the ICSF. Guids and Ken (coach and Manager) hinted something was in the works, but when we saw the kit at training we were soo pumped, this was what we needed after being pumped 5-1 vs India last Monday night. When we put it on and started the tournament it was fantastic.

Im sure Oranje can add some to the story but to wear that kit was amazing.

Once again another great weekend put on by the organizers. Always a pleasure to play in it. Its hard to win and finally doing so was amazing.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga is right about the kit. It was supposed to be two sets of elevens but that doesn't work, right? The O-30's were going to get some as well but it was better to get all of them to the "young guys". They obviously played well enough while wearing them. In any case, we still won with a much more modified kit also bought for this year. Maybe we'll see another set next year from the consulate. There may be other plans as well...
SCK

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0