Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA 2003/4 Regular Season...

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like..

Saint,

Not having seen any episodes of this show yet, but from what you describe this sounds like the biggest kid of them all!

I am guessing The ShaQ daddy was the player?

Parkhead

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ESPN.com news services
The Toronto Raptors believe they have found Vince Carter some help.

The Raptors and Bulls agreed to a deal Saturday that will send Jalen Rose, Lonny Baxter and Donyell Marshall to Toronto for Antonio Davis, Jerome Williams and Chris Jefferies, ESPN's David Aldridge has learned.

The league office is closed for the holiday weekend, so the trade won't be announced until Monday at the earliest. League sources tell ESPN.com that Davis and Williams will not play for the Raptors tonight in Miami. Jefferies is on the injured list and would not be eligible to play anyway.

The Bulls are not scheduled to play this weekend.

Even though Rose struggled this season with the Bulls, he was the key player in the deal. Three times in his career he has averaged more than 20 points per game, including the 2002-03 season (22.1). He has a career scoring average of 14.4 points per game.

ESPN.com reported last week that the two teams were discussing a trade involving Rose, and were trying to get the right players involved so the deal would work under their respective salary caps. This was the third attempt between the two teams to get the deal done.

Jalen Rose is a fcuking cancer and I guarantee him and Carter clash sooner than later. Everywhere Rose has gone, he gets into this mindset that he is "da man" and usually demands the ball more than he probably deserves it. The only situation he was useful in was back with Indy, when he was surrounded with vets like Jackson, Miller, the Davises and Smits. They kept his crybaby ass in line. Once they were gone, Jalen went back to being the biggest coach-killer in the league, as he nearly ruined Isiah (although Isiah completed the kill in his own unique way) and basically got Cartwright fired.

I guess this trade is good for Toronto because I believe Davis is on a steep decline and JYD is straight garbage. He makes a lot of hustle plays, but doesn't play with much discipline and has zero offense. Chicago has a ton of forwards already so I don't understand why they wanted to pick up two more front-court guys - although I think it was pretty clear that Paxson just wanted to get Rose the hell out before he became an even worse influence on the "Baby Bulls".

If Rose can keep himself in line, which probably won't happen, Toronto got a steal of a deal. My guess is that he plays about 1-2 months of second fiddle to Carter, and at the first sign of Vince going soft (and there are a lot of those signs), he starts questioning the leadership and the direction of the team. Just a guess.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,
I think this is the year Carter establishes himself as a go to guy for the entire season. I dont see him fading away like he did the last couple of years. He has taken alot of shite from the media, fans, and his own teamates for being to soft, and every indication so far in this young season has him playing harder and stronger. He looks healthy , which has not been the case over the last couple of seasons. I think especially last year, he was being pushed to hard to get back in the lineup because they were losing and he was taking alot of the blame. It is kinda hard to play strong every night when your being forced to play and your not even close to being healthy.

I like Jalen Rose. He is a great ball-player but his attitude stinks. He gives the Raptors alot more options on offence and he is a pretty decent defender. He is comfortable bringing the ball up the court and should combine for a scary 1-2 punch with Carter. Your right about him though, if he starts to bitch and complain there will be problems in Toronto.

Hopefully JYD will have time in Chicago to see a decent dentist and get his teeth fixed. Davis was a good player for a long time in the NBA but his time is done, good to see him be able to end his career close to home, I hope he enjoys losing 60 games a year.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Antonio Davis is a bitch. I was getting really tired of hearing him whine about his children having to be raised "Canadian" like that was somehow going to fcuk over their future. The guy is an idiot, but I'll give him credit for always playing hard, even if he wasn't thrilled about his situation. I don't know where he really fits in Chicago, if they're planning to give all the minutes to Curry and Chandler, but I guess he'll be a good mentor to them.

JYD is a fan favourite and gives you his all, but that's not much and I think the Bulls got killed on this end of the deal. Marshall is a much more useful forward and has way more offensive ability than JYD. My guess is that he goes to Chicago and gets less PT than he did in Toronto.

I do agree with what you're saying about Carter. But the big "if" is in regards to his health, which has been a problem now for two straight years. It is hard to maintain an explosive and athletic style of play, especially when you are prone to a certain type of injury. Look at Grant Hill and his ankles. Anyways, if Rose can take some of the pressure off Vince, and doesn't mind being second fiddle, then this trade is a steal for Toronto.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this trade from the Raptors perspective. It simply gives them a proven secondary scorer behind Carter. Rose should fit in nicely if he realizes that Vince runs the show in T.O. and he will still get plenty of oppertunities to put the ball up. Davis is the biggest cry baby I have ever seen and if you tell me he gives it 100% all the time I say bullshite. There is no way a one time all-star can go from where he was to the non factor he is now. 8pts a game is a joke from a proven power forward. Good rididance hope your kids grow up to hate Canada to you overpaid putz.

The addition of Marshall also adds some scoring punch off the bench. Look for the Raptors to now go to an up tempo fastbreak style of game which you would think would fit Carter to a tee.

Parkhead

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Radoslav Nesterovic

Weak. How much are San Anton paying this ass clown? Too much in my opinion. Malik Rose a much better player than him.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grizz Get Bonzi Wells

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Volatile forward Bonzi Wells was traded by the Portland Trail Blazers to the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday for guard Wesley Person and a conditional 2004 first-round draft pick.

Wells was in his sixth season with in Portland, averaging 13.3 points per game. He averaged a career-best 17.0 points during the 2001-2002 season.

Wells, averaging 12.2 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists this season, was stripped of his co-captaincy and suspended two games earlier this season for cursing at coach Maurice Cheeks.

During a game in November, Cheeks yanked Wells for taking an ill-advised jumpshot. Wells swore at Cheeks on his way back to the bench and stood on the sideline and continued a profanity-laced tirade. Wells sat out the final 16:17 of the game, and the Blazers quickly lost the lead. The Mavericks went on to win 105-98.

"It just gets old. I'm sick of it," Cheeks said at the time. "I'm sick of always saying he didn't mean it and all that. Players have to be accountable for what they do and what they say."

Wells also was fined last month for making an obscene gesture at a fan after a loss to Philadelphia. Last March, Wells was suspended one game for conduct considered detrimental to the team.

"We are very hopeful that this opportunity provides a fresh start for Bonzi in Memphis, and that he enjoys joining a rising young team in the Grizzlies," Memphis president Jerry West said. "We're very optimistic Bonzi will provide a significant presence in our lineup."

Portland gets Person, who has averaged 11.8 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists in his 10-year career. With his role limited this season, Wells was averaging only 5.2 points.

"Of course, we lost a veteran player in Wesley who is a true professional and has done a wonderful job for us over the last two seasons," West said. "We certainly wish the best for Wesley as he continues his successful career in the NBA."

If the Grizzlies' first-round pick next June is among the top three selections, they will keep it and give the Trail Blazers their top pick in 2005 -- provided it is not the overall No. 1 pick. If the selection rolls over to 2006, Portland will get it unconditionally.

Portland entered Wednesday night's home game against the Indiana Pacers with an 8-7 record, tied for fourth place in the Pacific Division.

Memphis, 8-8 going into its game against the New Jersey Nets, is last in the Midwest Division.

The trade comes as the Blazers try to repair an image tarnished by several player arrests and team infighting. Just this Tuesday, forward Zach Randolph was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence of marijuana.

Team officials are hoping Person will provide some of the veteran leadership the team lost when Scottie Pippen left for the Chicago Bulls as a free agent in the offseason.

Wells has a year left on his contract with the Blazers, plus a team option for another year. Person is in the final season of his contract.

Wells has at times showed flashes of brilliance, including a 45-point performance in Game 2 of the team's first-round playoff series against the Dallas Mavericks last season. But he also developed a troubled reputation.

Wells was suspended early last season by the league for spitting on San Antonio forward Danny Ferry, then was suspended for two games for his role in a postgame scuffle with the Golden State Warriors.

"We are happy to be getting a quality player and individual in Wesley Person, a veteran who can help provide leadership on the court and in the locker room, as well as a draft pick which will help the organization in the future," Blazers general manager John Nash said.

Even though Wells comes off as a dickhead, he's a really solid SG and will give the Grizz even more depth on the perimeter. They basically get an upgrade from Person for a draft pick they don't really need, given how young they are. West makes another solid move. Too bad he wasn't in charge when the Grizz were here, instead of the retard GM duo of Jackson and Versace.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see another cnuting TrailBLAZER arrested for Driving Under the Influence. Well done, Zach Randolph. You are now an official member of the largest gathering of criminals impersonating an NBA team. Fcuking cnut. Poor Mo Cheeks looks like he was smoking some of the funny stuff at the press conference yesterday.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jailblazers Rap Sheet:

Qyntel Woods: Qyntel cited for driving with suspended license and NO insurance AGAIN. This time he had a real ID on him. His vehicle was towed and impounded. 09/30/03

Drug Possession, Doing 83 in a 55, No License and No Insurance. He showed a trading card with his picture as a form of ID. Or was it to impress the cop into letting him go? 03/31/03

Suspended License for failure to appear for a court hearing. 07/28/03

Rasheed Wallace: Durham, N.C., Assaulted his girlfriend. Was charged with misdemeanor assault. 04/06/1996

Threw towel at referee and made several threats toward him.
Ejected for inappropriate conduct 04/01/01

Threw towel at another player 04/15/01

Cited for possessing marijuana during a traffic stop in Washington 11/22/02 Wallace agrred to drug counceling and paid a 650 fine and needs to stay out of trouble for 6 months.;

Ticketed For driving with suspended licsense and NO insurance. 09/03

"NEW YORK -- Rasheed Wallace, the Portland Trail Blazers' talented but temperamental forward, on Saturday was suspended seven games by the National Basketball Association for confronting and threatening a referee.

The incident allegedly took place in a parking lot outside the Rose Garden in Portland following the Trail Blazers' 100-92 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday." 01/20/03

Damon Stoudamire: Police discover bunch of marijuana in his house during response to a burglar alarm where his door was open 02/23/02 So far a court ruled the cops had no right to search inside his home, even though the door was open, even though there may have been a victim inside or the intruder.

Cited for possessing marijuana during a traffic stop in Washington 11/22/02

On 03/21/03 charges are dropped as long as he stays out of trouble for 12 months.

July 3, 2003 Stoudamire gets caught at Tucson Airport with Illegal Drugs. He had it in foil which kept setting off the metal detector. See kids, drugs make you stupid. NOW his lawyers claim that once again it's an illegal search and seizure. You see, He's special, he's above the law. Court set for September 29, 2003.

Zach Randolph: While in High School, 30 days Juvenile detention for Shoplifting. 30 Days Of House Arrest for a BATTERY Charge. 30 Days Juvenile Detention for receiving stolen property such as guns, of which he sold one.

Arrested and charged for underage drinking. 05/02 He pleaded GUILTY.

April 2003 2 game suspension for sucker-punching Ruben Patterson, breaking his left eye-socket.

Arrested for DUII 12/02/03 0219 booked into Justice center and released at 0513. Not staying in 1 lane, smell of drugs, no valid Oregon Drivers License.

Reuben Patterson: PORTLAND, Ore. - Trail Blazers forward Ruben Patterson was arrested Monday night on a felony domestic assault charge, the latest Portland player in trouble with the law.

Tualatin police spokesman Sgt. Doug Nafziger said the former Cincinnati Bearcats player was taken into custody after his wife, Shannon, called 911 and said he assaulted her at their home.

Nafziger said that when police got to the couple's home Monday evening, "They found that Mrs. Patterson had minor (injuries)."

Patterson was taken to the Washington County Jail and released after teammate Derek Anderson posted $1,000 bail.

"I made a statement that was accurate but in the heat of the moment was incomplete," Mrs. Patterson said. "Ruben and I had a disagreement this evening. I want the public to know that Ruben did not assault me. I love my husband, and this is a private family matter. I'm embarrassed it became public, and this is something we are working out privately. I respectfully request that we be allowed to do so."

It's not Patterson's first run-in with the law. In 2001, Patterson entered a modified guilty plea in Washington state to attempted rape. Patterson allegedly forced the then-24-year-old nanny of his children to perform a sex act on him the previous year.

Under the agreement, Patterson did not admit guilt, but acknowledged there was enough evidence to convict him.

He was sentenced to a year in jail, but the judge suspended all but 15 days of the sentence, which Patterson served in his Cleveland home. The NBA suspended him for the first five games of last season, his first with the Blazers after signing a six-year, $33.8 million free agent contract following two years with the SuperSonics.

''I'm not no bad guy,'' Patterson said at the news conference in August of 2001 introducing him as a Blazer. ''I'm not no rapist. I'm a great guy.''

Patterson also was convicted of misdemeanor assault in February 2001 for attacking a man who had scratched his car outside a Cleveland nightclub in June 2000.

''Ruben's a good guy. He really is,'' Shannon Patterson said at that same news conference. ''He just made some bad choices and made mistakes. Everyone does.''

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonzi

I like this trade from a grizzlies point if they can resign Wells at the end of the season. He might be a typical dickhead but for the Grizz's sake let's hope that he was just trying to fit in with his Portland chain gang. He can flat out score and with the players around him he should put up good numbers. For atleast this year anyways because next year when Kobe is in Memphis he might take a backseat.:eek:

ParkheadWestwillmakethegrizzcontenders

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Radoslav Nesterovic

Originally posted by bertrum
Weak. How much are San Anton paying this ass clown? Too much in my opinion. Malik Rose a much better player than him.

After watching the Spurs blow it against the Lakers tonight, I have to concur. Rasho is fcuking brutal. I think this clearly brings to light what Robinson mean to the team (especially now that they're 9-10), which was more than just a warm body at the center spot. The Admiral did all the little, intangible things playing off Duncan that evolved from working alongside him for so many years.

Rasho, it seems, does not have a goddamn clue. At the quarter mark of the season he is easily one of the biggest culprits for the Spurs' mediocre start.

On a semi-related note, I could not be more pleased with that crybaby bitch McGrady suffering through a Vancouver Grizzlie-like losing streak which hit 17 games tonite. The Magic are terrible and it's all his fault.

well I suppose the coaching mess and Juwan Howard have something to do with it, but for brevity's sake, let's blame the bitch......

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rasha...NBA update

I am not trying to slag my man Todd Maculloch (sp) but Rasha seems to run the same way Maculloch ran. You know that over 7' foot white boy run...the one where it looks like they are jumping from cobblestone to cobblestone. I honestly think they signed him because he can run up and down the floor and looks like he doesn't limp or have knee problems.

I watched the Clips game last night and besides the hype about Lebron, Darius Miles, Q and how much Miles meant to the community and fans of LA, the Clips rookie post Kaman (sp), not looking too bad. Have seen him twice. He hustles, looks like he has some defensive ability and can score and rebound a little. Plus he's fukcing ugly and has a Toppy's $8 haircut.

Spurs look out matched against the Lakers.
TO...won't last. They cannot have four 6'9- 6'8 players shoot 16 trifecta's a night while 6'10 beanpole Bosh sits inside waiting for rebounds and put-backs. They do however have a more potent offence right now and I can see matchup problems until Jalen starts preaching about his fab five days and how much he was (is) the man.

Still hoping my Sonics can get a reliable big man for a playoff run?

:confused:

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rasha...NBA update

Still hoping my Sonics can get a reliable big man for a playoff run?

Even if the sonics get a big man they are no match for DALLAS or the LAKERS, the lakers are going to clear house in the playoffs, i hate shaq but am a big payton fan so i hope gary can win a championship!

Unlike the RANGERS OF THE NHL, THE LAKERS SEEM TO BE BUYING THE CHAMPIONSHIP NOW!

:(

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlike the RANGERS OF THE NHL, THE LAKERS SEEM TO BE BUYING THE CHAMPIONSHIP NOW!

The difference is one man CAN win in the NBA where as in the NHL a system can win. Whether the sonics get a big man or not they are still 6-8th best in the west. But if this was the NHL they would trap and play shitty hockey and advance. Where as in the NBA one man can take over and influence things on his own. In the end unfortunately SHAQ is the difference and as far as he wants to go the Lakers will follow.

Parkhead

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kobe's game-winning J against the Nugs last night was a pretty good example of why the Lakers are going to be a dynasty when this season is all said and done.

When push comes to shove, they have four different guys who can beat you when the game is on the line....while other good Denver defenders were matching up against Shaq, Payton and Malone (who would all have been decent choices for taking the last shot in their own right), poor ol' Jon Barry was left to defend KB8 on the perimeter, mano-a-mano.

That didn't turn out so well for Rick Barry's kid.

As for other NBA teams....howabout them Grizz. I believe they're something like 9-1 in their past 10, and are back on a mini two-game winning streak with victories over Sacramento (huge) and Miami (not so huge). After spending all of his time in Vancouver languishing on the end of the bench, Stromile Swift finally looks like he's going to be as good as advertised. Nice to see it only took him four years to figure that out.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leon Smith back in the NBA?

Captain,

I seem to recall us speaking about Smith in the Auld Forums...apparently he's set to join the Knicks sometime this week. Isiah makin' moves:

Knicks Make Deal and Plan Another
By STEVE POPPER

Published: December 31, 2003

Isiah Thomas announced the first acquisition of his brief but busy tenure as president of basketball operations for the Knicks last night.

But what he told reporters at Madison Square Garden was not the deal that had been rumored all day, the signing of Leon Smith, who had already visited and departed the Garden.

Instead, he sent forward Clarence Weatherspoon, who had been left home on the recent three-game trip and was negotiating a buyout of his contract, to the Houston Rockets for point guard Moochie Norris and center John Amaechi. Smith is likely to become a Knick when roster manipulations are completed.

Rather than completing the buyout of Weatherspoon's contract, which had three more years totaling $17.6 million, Thomas made the deal with Houston and said Amaechi would be waived, with the team buying out the remaining two years and $5.5 million of his contract.

Once Amaechi clears waivers in 48 hours, the Knicks will be free to add Smith if they choose; they placed Mike Sweetney and Michael Doleac on the injured list before last night's game with Miami.

In nine days since joining the team, Thomas has released the rookie center Slavko Vranes and traded Weatherspoon. The signing of Smith is on the horizon, but the logjam at forward seems to have shifted to point guard, where the team has Frank Williams — inserted as a starter by Coach Don Chaney shortly after Thomas took charge — and Charlie Ward, Howard Eisley and Norris.

Asked what the arrival of Norris meant to Eisley, who had already been demoted from starter to third string, and to Ward, who has been the subject of trade talks, Thomas said: "It means added help. You know with the way that Don wants to play, we want to give him the luxury of playing different guys that can play different tempos."

Norris played all 82 games for the Rockets in each of the last three seasons and was averaging 2.7 points and 1.6 assists in 30 appearances off the bench this season. He has four years and $15.45 million remaining on his deal.

The move completed an odd day in which Smith met with Thomas and worked out — without Chaney present — then made his way through the corridors of the Garden while team officials spoke of an impending signing. Knicks coaches were praising his potential.

Smith, a 6-foot-10, 235-pound forward, entered the N.B.A. from Martin Luther King High School in Chicago. Drafted by the San Antonio Spurs with the 29th pick in 1999, he was sent to the Dallas Mavericks for a pair of second-round picks. He refused the Mavericks' request to play in a developmental league or overseas, and two weeks after signing, attempted suicide by ingesting more than 200 aspirin.

Even with a three-year guaranteed contract as a first-round pick, he was cut by Dallas after he was arrested twice within a 24-hour period by the Chicago police.

After a stint in the Continental Basketball Association, he resurfaced with the Atlanta Hawks two years ago, playing under the current Knicks assistant Lon Kruger. But he was back in the C.B.A., playing for the franchise in Gary, Ind., when the Knicks called.

"You want him to do well," Kruger said. "He's obviously had tough stages of growing up, and unfairly so. I think if a guy can work through that, recover from that, make it, it's great to see."

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isiah is trying to save a kid that grew up on the same streets he did as a kid. Looking out for his fellow Chicagotonian.;)

What Isiah's first goal should be to do ist to try and get to the bottom of Antonio MCDyss. This guys was going to be one of the best power forwards in basketball until his knee injuries that have cost him already 3 years of his career. They say he is better but just watching him on the court it is quite obvious he is just a shell of himself. He looks to be in great shape but just can't move or get off the floor. I expected his timing to be offf clearly, but it seems he has completely forgotten how to play basketball. I am sure some of this is just rust but I don't know. If I were the Knicks I would be worried because I am sure they have quite a lot invested in him.:eek:

Parkhead

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkhead (Kreskin),

Apparently you and Isiah are of the same mind. Zeke bringing back Coney Island's favourite Starbury was a great move for the Knicks. Although I do seem to remember Van Horn and Marbury being at each others throats during their brief time together in New Jersey...should be interesting to see how they co-exist now.

The Knicks can throw out a starting five of Marbury, Houston, Penny, KVH and Thomas - that's about as good as it gets in the east. They're still fcuked for cap space and won't have a first-round draft pick for the next two years, but at least the Knicks are interesting, and have some star power (which they really haven't had since Ewing was in his prime, or maybe during the brief hayday of Spree).

Phoenix have waved the proverbial white flag on this season. Early word says all the cap room they spared with this trade is to make a run at Kobe in the off-season.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently you and Isiah are of the same mind.

Yes and No. Isiah had to make this trade to shake things up. But I would want no part of Me Myself Marbury. No question he is a talented player but he is a door knob!! All he cares about is his money and his numbers. Never changed from his days in Minnesota. Traded how many times now? :eek: Give till next year then he will dirubt the Knicks too.

Parkhead

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet.

Drug Abuse. It's not just for the Portland Trailblazers anymore.

Associated Press
NEW YORK -- Washington Wizards forward Christian Laettner was suspended for five games Tuesday for violating the NBA's drug policy.

The suspension, without pay, began with Tuesday night's home game against Houston.

Spokesman Tim Frank said the league would not comment on when the violation occurred or what substance was involved.

The 6-foot-11 Laettner was drafted out of Duke in 1992, selected by the Timberwolves with the third overall pick in the draft.

He is averaging 6.7 points and 5.3 rebounds for the Wizards (10-25), who are sixth in the seven-team Atlantic Division.

He also played for Minnesota, Atlanta, Detroit and Dallas.

Laettner's new "let's load up the VW bus and follow Phish around for the summer" Jesus-tribute hairdo would leave me to believe the former Dookie has been heavy into the hippie lettuce. Laettner was the epitome of clean-cut cornbread for a while there...hopefully Mark Madsen doesn't get addicted to crack. He's all we have left.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0