Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA 2003 Playoffs

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This round

Six in 6
Net in 5
King in 7
Lake in 6

Series of the Round Mavs and Kings. Plenty of scoring with little defense.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kings in 5
Lakers in 6
Philadelphia in 6
NJersey in 6

Parkhead,

You would love the clinic that Sacramento is putting on right now on the defenseless Mavs. 98 - 76 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Webber is truly taking the piss and Dallas can't do anything about it........Lump-ing.......

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CWeBB

I missed it, but I am sure it will be the same thing in games 3 & 4 so I will catch it then.

Go Kings!!

Parkhead

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: This round

Originally posted by Yoda
King in 7

Yoda, I am I reading this right? You certainly are jumping off your Mavericks bandwagon. Mavs are just shocking on the defensive end. Not enough secondary talent around Shaq and Kobe due to the injuries to the man that stole Vanessa Williams from me and George.

Philly in 7
Jersey in 5
San Antonio in 6
Kings in 6

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really

I am not really jumping off the bandwagon. I actually like Sac better, but I still like to cheer for the local boy when I can.

Did I hear he made the 3rd team all-star list?

What the hell is a 3rd team all-star?
:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
San-an-tone looks really good. They're dismantling the Lakers right now and I don't particularly like it! No, sir not one bit.

Fcuking Duncan.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Losing faith already in your beloved hero Kobe, Knvb. Just because he is named after meat, does not mean the Spurs are having them for dinner just yet. The winner of game three will win the series. A Monster game by ShaQ will turn this series around for you.

Only to then be whipped by the Run and Gun kings.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only to then be whipped by the Run and Gun kings.

The same run n' gun Kings who gave up 83 points in the FIRST half. Ouch.

They still managed 61 on the offensive end but a 132 - 110 final brings me back to the Loyola Marymount days with Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble.........

C Web went down with an apparent knee injury and Jackson has some kind of facial fracture that has be re-evaluated tomorrow. That could be big trouble for the Kings, even against the Mavs pitiful defense....

Captain

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kings

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
C Web went down with an apparent knee injury and Jackson has some kind of facial fracture that has be re-evaluated tomorrow.

CWebb is injury prone and this was bound to happen. If he does have an injury he will just shoot the 12 footers and drive even less to the rack. I heard Bobby posibly has a orbital fracture. Talk about no defense in that game. Brutal. They looked like the Canucks in the 3rd.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a performance by the Mavs last night. There were basically no pundits out there who figured Dallas could bounce back to win a single game after the throttling Sacramento handed them in game one.

While everybody likes to slam the Mavs for being soft, you have to look at the flip side of building a team of excellent perimeter shooters - when they find their range, you can't do anything to stop them. Van Exel went for 36 last night and he's the #4 scoring option on this team. Obviously the Mavs can't shoot that well every night, but they showed that they can play an even more frenetic pace than the Kings, who were supposed to be the best run-n-gun team in the NBA.

The injuries to CWebb and Jackson will hurt, but the Kings have such superior depth - I can't see them struggling that much. They had injury problems all year and different guys stepped up to take over the minutes, and put in quality efforts.

This is the best playoff series I've watched in a long time though. Not exactly a defensive exhibition, but really exciting basketball.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson
What a performance by the Mavs last night. There were basically no pundits out there who figured Dallas could bounce back to win a single game after the throttling Sacramento handed them in game one.

Why not?
They did the same thing last year.
Lose the first game, and bounce back in the second.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They saw game one as an extension of how the Kings finished off the Mavs last year....that Dallas was a younger, shallower and less experienced version of Sacramento....that Dallas looked so bad in game one, despite putting up their requisite 100+ points, that they'd simply go away, lose game two at home and then get swept in the back-to-backs at Arco....that Sacramento had their way with Dallas through the regular season and this playoff series would be no different.

Note I didn't say I thought this was the case, it was just the overriding theme I saw in all the articles on this series.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This series is a demonstration on how to play offensive basketball. Fun to watch. Still, even after giving up 83 points in the first half(ouch) I see no problems for the Kings unless Cwebb can't go. Even if he is hurt they will still win but it will be tough. Normally you can say Nowitzki is on fire but last night there whole damn team could not miss in the first half.

Parkhead

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad news for the Kings - CWebb is getting scoped and will miss 4-6 weeks as a result.

Better news for the Kings - BJax won't miss any action from his cheek fracture, but will have to play with a protective facial mask.

Now, does Nellie actually use LaFrentz or Bradley now that the Kings interior presence is far less intimidating? Or does he stick with small ball, using Najera as an undersized center?

Big minutes now available for Keon Clark. Wonder what he'll do with them.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ouch!!

CWeBB going down puts a lot of pressure on the rest of the team no doubt. We will now get to see how good and deep this Kings bench really is. I still think they can beat Dallas without Webber but they could not beat L.A. or S.A. in the next round. Hope CWeBB is a quick healer.:confused:

Parkhead

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Without CWebb

Apparently it doesnt' matter that CWebb is out. Mavs get hammered.
Anyone hear the interview with him? Says that he will not get the surgery and in a while will try to play on it hoping he can get back into this years playoffs. If it makes it worse then he will get more surgery done......after the playoffs.

Reffing was aweful last night. Nowitzky wasn't shooting great last night but how often does that guy shoot an airball unless he's hit in the arm. According to the refs 3 times.
Or the Finley foul on Jackson(Bibbey) when he went up with him on the layup but didn't touch him and the refs were anticipating the foul and blew the whistle.

Then to top it off Bibbey slides across the floor with the ball but doesn't get called for a travel? Ref said he didn't actually hold onto the ball when he slid. I guess Bibbey used the force and it followed him, then he picked it up again.

Big 3 for Mavs were brutal last night. Bench kept them in it for as long as they could.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big 3 for Mavs were brutal last night. Bench kept them in it for as long as they could.

When did the Mav's get a bench. Van Exel is off the bench but he averages more mins than a couple of there starters. The kings will wrap this thing up in six.

Parkhead

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0