Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA 2005 Playoffs

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are some stellar matchups this year in the playoffs and i find myself watching a little more basketball than usual. The best (and only) time to watch NBA basketball. Seattle Sacramento matchup is a sweet first round set.
And i'm sure Nash is happy to see his old team almost go down 3-0 to Houston last night. I'd love to see Dallas lose that one just so i can see Cuban freak out in the stands.
Miami is up on NJ but the games are great to watch.

I'll pick a Detroit Seattle final this year.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
(1) Miami 3
(8) New Jersey 0
Miami Leads 3-0

(4) Chicago
(5) Washington
Chicago Leads 2-0

(3) Boston
(6) Indiana
Indiana Leads 2-1

(2) Detroit
(7) Philadelphia
Detroit Leads Philly 2-0

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1) Phoenix
(8) Memphis
Phoenix Leads 2-0

(4) Dallas
(5) Houston
Houston Leads 2-1

(3) Seattle
(6) Sacramento
Seattle Leads 2-0

(2) San Antonio
(7) Denver
Series Tied 1-1

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i've gotta say it'll be miami--san antonio in the finals.
these are some proven big men with great supporting casts. san antonio has found their stride now, and i can't see anyone contesting miami when they're on.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching this shite next to college bball makes me sick (now I know why I don't follow the NBA like I used to). A player in the NBA let's out a moan and it's a foul...then they say soccer players are pussies. They may as well take the Seattle series back to Seattle at 2-2. Thomas is the biggest moaner I've seen yet in the playoffs, and the phantom calls Sac is getting is ridiculous. I guess it's like that for every home team but it just gets painful watching these guys act tough yet play like girls. What happened to the days when a foul was a foul. How do you get fouled yet still have control to lay it in without a problem or like tonight Bibby jumps into James and it's a foul on James? Can you not defend anymore? I'd like to see these guys play street ball against some of those guys that play with what they call playground rules and where no panzy fouls get called. My nominee for biggest moaners goes to bball players and not soccer as some say.

P.S. I thought the playoffs made for the best bball around yet this year was my first year really watching March Madness and the ball played in that tournament is better from an excitement point of view.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since Yoda is a little slow on the daily series recaps here is the updated series standings

EASTERN CONFERENCE
(1) Miami 3
(8) New Jersey 0
Miami wins 4-0

(4) Chicago
(5) Washington
Series tied 2-2

(3) Boston
(6) Indiana
Series Tied 2-2

(2) Detroit
(7) Philadelphia
Detroit Leads Philly 3-1

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1) Phoenix
(8) Memphis
Phoenix wins 4-0

(4) Dallas
(5) Houston
Dallas leads 3-2

(3) Seattle
(6) Sacramento
Seattle Leads 3-1

(2) San Antonio
(7) Denver
Spurs lead 3-1

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Can you not defend anymore?
You've obvisously not watched NBA basketball enough. They stopped playing defense years ago. NBA fouls are all about respect. You put your time into the league and you get the calls your way, if your a nobody you get jack shite. It's always been that way.
Number of fouls called on you is inversely correlated to the amount of money you make.
Or in other words, the more money you make, the less the fouls get called on you.

termatofylakas said:
P.S. I thought the playoffs made for the best bball around yet this year was my first year really watching March Madness and the ball played in that tournament is better from an excitement point of view.

Their is no doubt that college basketball is THE most exciting Bball around, but guess what, it's over. NBA is all that's left.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Franchise.
I just started the thread for anyone to post, wasn't planning on updating it every night like the FVSL threads, but by all means go ahead and do it.

Tonights matchups:

Indiana vs. Boston
Sacramento vs. Seattle
Philly vs. Detroit

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sac Town Gone........76ers gone and soon Bulls, Celtics and Nuggets gone.

Seattle Verus Spurs......Spurs in 6

Suns Verus Dallas.......Suns in 6

Heat Verus Washinton.......Heat in 5

Detroit Verus Pacers........Detroit in 7

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Kings with an early exit. Great game last night. Don't know if it's possible to score more than those 2 teams did.

Interesting accent you have there Franchise verus and washinton. :)

Seattle in 7
Suns in 6
Heat in 4
Detroit in 6

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Yes, Kings with an early exit. Great game last night. Don't know if it's possible to score more than those 2 teams did.

Interesting accent you have there Franchise verus and washinton. :)

Seattle in 7
Suns in 6
Heat in 4
Detroit in 6

Whats rong wit my speling......me speak good engrish

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Sac Town Gone........76ers gone and soon Bulls, Celtics and Nuggets gone.

Seattle Verus Spurs......Spurs in 6

Suns Verus Dallas.......Suns in 6

Heat Verus Washinton.......Heat in 5

Detroit Verus Pacers........Detroit in 7
gotta agree with your picks but i'll say spurs in five and detroit in five also. you guys picking seattle over the spurs must not have watched ball since shawn kemp was there. spurs weren't top in the west 'cause duncan missed so much of the season, and for christ's sake, detroit the reigning champs.....give them some respect.
ps: i'll also say suns in 5 and the heat in 4.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
San Antonio to beat Miami in 6 in the final. That's what my bet said at the start of the season so I'm sticking to it.

Hail Hail

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
gotta agree with your picks but i'll say spurs in five and detroit in five also. you guys picking seattle over the spurs must not have watched ball since shawn kemp was there. spurs weren't top in the west 'cause duncan missed so much of the season, and for christ's sake, detroit the reigning champs.....give them some respect.
ps: i'll also say suns in 5 and the heat in 4.

Sonics were 2-2 versus the Spurs this season and stroked a very good Kings team. Jesus Shuttleworth is on fire right now, Jerome James is playing out of his mind and Rashard Lewis hasn't hit his stride yet still recovering from injury as is Vladimir Radmonivic. I think the key to this series will be James and Fortson and whoever else vs Duncan and whether Seattle can contain Manu. Seattle looking solid at point right now with Daniels and Ridnour.

As for the Rainman, just got arrested again for possession of cocaine and having a concealed gun in his car. No word on any other pregnancies however. :)

Sonics for life!

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
....and how overated is Kenyon Martin? Can he block a shot without sending it into the 10th row? Limited offensive moves, not enough rebounding and the constant I am the man look after he dunks, which is the only thing he can do. Overpaid.
Sensei, views on this whole Kwame Brown fiasco? Should Seattle package up Jerome James, one of their young guards or forwards and a 1st round pick? Hell, throw in Robert Swift, the Darko Milicic of the Sonics.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'm not trying to take anything away from the sonics, i actually like them as well, and ray allen is an absolute stud. he's one ugly mutha, but a stud between the lines. i just don't think they have enough experirnce or tallent to take out the spurs. of the spurs/sonics match ups this year, how many games was duncan playing in?(really, I don't know). the sonics have tailed off from where they were at the start while the spurs are on the move. if they can contain the scoring tandem of duncan, ginobli and parker they will win. i just think you'd have a better chance freezing a flying pig in hell then seeing the sonics take out the mighty spurs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
Sensei, views on this whole Kwame Brown fiasco? Should Seattle package up Jerome James, one of their young guards or forwards and a 1st round pick? Hell, throw in Robert Swift, the Darko Milicic of the Sonics.

The whole Kwame Brown situation has been fcuked up since day one. You couldn't even fathom some of the stuff regarding his situation - like how, prior to moving to Washington to begin his NBA career, Kwame had never slept in a house alone or had his own personal bank account. Or how, during one of the numerous verbal-lashings laid down by Jordan in his rookie season, Kwame broke down and cried during practice.

He's been doomed in Washington since fans figured out he wasn't going to be the franchise saviour. He gets booed regularly at home and actually averages far better numbers on the road. He's had to deal with a lot from the age of 19 and at this point, he's a big gamble for any team who thinks about taking him on.

He's either a big talent looking for a new start, or completely damaged goods. I'd go with the latter, especially since he's now got the rep as a crybaby who clashes with coaches. This playoff suspension comes after team reps questioned the legitimacy of Brown's "stomach flu" which they're not sure he even had.

I can't see the Sonics getting too involved with acquiring his services. I think there are a lot of other teams (Atlanta, Charlotte and New Orleans) who are in the market for young bigs, and have more money to throw around. Once Seattle re-signs Ray Allen (and given how he's played this far, they're pretty much going to have to now), they're not going to have much excess cash to get in a bidding war for anybody.

BTW, there's a new article on Hoopsworld if you guys are interested. Click the link in my signature to check it out.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best stat of the weekend.

Danny Fortson of the Sonics. 4 fouls in 3 minutes.

I take it someone wasn't happy to be playing in a blow out.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the status of Ray Allen?
Is he out for a couple of games or what?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allen is a game time decision for tomorrow night's contest in San Antonio (he'll play).

Radmanovic is likely out for the series with his ankle sprain.

I was planning to head down for game three in Seattle on Thursday, but am now seriously debating it - the series is all but over (if it isn't already) with Allen is seriously hobbled. I guess time will tell. I went to game two in the Sonics-Kings series and had a blast. Key Arena is a fantastic venue for basketball, and tickets were relatively cheap ($25 US per) considering we got them two days before the game.

I'm pretty stoked about the Suns-Mavs game tonight, should be a beauty.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This will be one great series for sure.
Only thing i'm dreading is seeing that billion dollar baby Mark Cuban in the stands.

Think Nash will go into the stands and shake his hand?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0