Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA 2005 Playoffs

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phoenix with an absolute trouncing of Dallas last night. AND i didn't see a single shot of the Million Dollar baby.

Big night tonight for Seattle. Here's hoping Allen is back.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was interesting that that sports writer(I think) from Miami mentioned Nash being white as part of the reason he won. I think it was a stupid thing to say but was he that far off in thinking it may have crossed a few peoples minds when they made their votes.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would him being white have anything to do with it?
Maybe Shaq lost then because he was black?

Color has nothing to do with it at all, Nash has been discusses as the league MVP for months now, and he's deserved it.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree he deserves it, and no Shaq didn't lose it because he was black. A black guy has won it for the past how many years. Nash turned around the Suns, lead in assists etc. It is also based on what type of season one as compared to usual. I know when alot of people on here talked about it, it was like pretty impressive for a short white guy from canada. I'm not saying race played a huge part but when I think of what he accomplished short white boy from canada comes to my mind. I'm far from racist but I wouldn't be surprised if it snuck it a few peoples minds when they were voting.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Why would him being white have anything to do with it?
Maybe Shaq lost then because he was black?

Color has nothing to do with it at all, Nash has been discusses as the league MVP for months now, and he's deserved it.

Sir Charles snapped on TNT last night when he heard about that reporter and suggested that Steve Nash deserved it and it could of gone either way.

Nash's wife is hot.

Sonic's may be in trouble tonight as Jesus is ailing and Vlad is out for the series.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes she is hot. Loved the twins shirt too.
No not those twins, the babies. Had shirts that said "My dad is an MVP".

What an arrogant prick to dress his kids in those shirts.
;)

I also loved all the stations that played the Brian Winters interview where he said he was slow and not as as skilled as other players. Would explain why he isn't around anymore.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a shocker from the the PalmBeachpost.com website.

Is Steve Nash more deserving of the NBA MVP award than Shaquille O'Neal?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes 23.70% 41
No 70.52% 122
I'm not sure. 5.78% 10

For those of you who don't know, Palm Beach is in Florida.
Actually, i'm surprised he even got 23%.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think shaq deserved it this year. He dominated like he always does but it's not like he put up career numbers or anything. He could win it every year or itleast come second to steve Nash. I'm tired of the big men winning it all the time,you are 7 feet tall,can jam it at will, get rebounds and score from 5 feet it away gets a bit old. I think shaq's free throw percentage tells you how well he can really shoot.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Numbers aren't what the award is about. It's about what you mean to the team and Nash means more, and has done more, for his team than Shaq has for his. Plus Shaq I think had his second worst season ever. Mind you he has more than just Kobe playing with him this year so everything doesn't revolve around him this year.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a fcuking performance from Steve tonight.

27 points
17 assists
3 rebounds, 2 steals

He was in on 61 of Phoenix's 119 points. That is remarkable.

Stoudamire didn't have too shabby a night either, going for 37 and 14, with 5 blocks to boot.

Helps that Dallas went a putrid 1-for-18 from three point land....which put them at 5.6% shooting on the night. Yikes.

Good to see Reggie keep on keepin' on in the early game too. While I admire his longevity and flair for the dramatic, I can't help but wonder if the NBA will ever see another player who needed so many blatantly obvious push-offs to shoot game-clinching daggers.

If Indy somehow knocks off Detroit, I could see Miami going 12-0 en route to the NBA finals.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"On Fire!"
Nash was brilliant tonight. Even when he had clear layups he dished it out to 3 land for Marion or whomever and they nailed it. Have to say, Dallas looked distraught after tonights loss.

Sensei,
You've already seen someone in the NBA hits those shots. His name was Michael.
He was great at the classic push off, fade away jumper, to clinch.

Now if Seattle can keep on winning i'd be a happy camper.
Could you imagine a Nash/Allen series?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nash absolutly unreal tonight. Amare was great as well but you noticed the moment Nash was off the floor nobody could get Amare the ball. Brilliant... especially for a white guy eh Yoda :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goodbye Reggie

Indiana and Reggie Miller are done for the year Reggie's career is over.
What a brilliant career him and his ears had.
One of the best clutch shooters in the game but he couldn't pull this one off.

And one of the classiest moves by an opposing coach, to call a time out and gather his team at centre and give Reg and standing ovation when he gets subbed off. Larry Brown, one of the most respectable coaches in the league. Don't know many others that would think of that.

Nice to see Players, Coaches, Refs, and Fans say goodbye.

See ya on the course Reggie.

PS: Go Sonics Go!

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS: Go Sonics Go!

Whoops. I've got an idea, when there are 14 seconds left in the game, why don't we leave Duncan open. That would ensure us a win!

Oh no. It didn't.

pinted

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sonics done this year. Big changes next year I think with all the free agents and Mac 10 not signed yet. What a game last night at the Key. Fans were going nuts. The best NBA game I have watched this season.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a great play between Ginobili and Duncan to secure the win.

Nick Collison blowing that open layup ended up being the difference. How sad.

Ray Allen played his guts out all year; here's hoping Sund coughs up the jingo to keep him in Seattle for the remainder of his career.

You will not see Vlad Radmanovic, Danny Fortson and Antonio Daniels in Seattle colors next year. Thanks for the run guys, it was a tre-men-dous year.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Sac Town Gone........76ers gone and soon Bulls, Celtics and Nuggets gone.

Seattle Verus Spurs......Spurs in 6

Suns Verus Dallas.......Suns in 6

Heat Verus Washinton.......Heat in 5

Detroit Verus Pacers........Detroit in 7

Not bad called all the winners and be 2 for 4.....

Spurs verus Suns Suns in 6

Detroit verus Heat Going to say Pistons in 7 Although if I was going to lay bets down I would say Heat in 6.....Hate Shaq...only reason going for Pistons.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What an absolute un-fcuking-believeable performance by Nash!

Knocking down that 3 to send it into OT and the crowd's reaction was the best highlite.

Second best was the bounce pass he made down the middle of the lane in I think OT. Walton tried to then say that Nash was the most 'unathletic' person out there :D The other 2 announcers pointed out that he's a multi-sport athlete and the only thing Walton kept coming back with was that Nash couldn't jump over 2 pieces of paper.

Sounds actually pretty familar, Bill.

:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bounce pass to Marion was insane. Talk about threading the needle. But the three......oh man, what a clutch shot. I love how he never gets keyed up when he makes big plays, very John Stockton-like in his approach. Stevie showed like zero emotion after sending the game into OT. Just awesome.

As for the big redhead. Walton is hilarious, but he's made even funnier when Snapper brings up all the stuff he said five minutes ago, which always seems to contradict what he's saying at the moment. There was the bit where he bagged on Stoudamire for biting on Nowitzki's head fakes - something like "Amare can't make those mistakes - he has got to be smarter than that."

So Snapper comes back with - "I remember you saying five minutes ago how the kid was just 22 years old, so raw, and still had so much to learn."

Walton then mutters something incomprehensible and goes on a Erick Dampier "why can't he rebound?" tangent. Classic.

Oh, and if this series didn't put to rest all that nonsensical chatter about Nash being an undeserving MVP, or him winning in on the cracker vote - THEN NOTHING EVER WILL.

That is about as complete a performance as you will get from an NBA point guard. Nash had 22 rebounds in his last two games. Not bad for a guy who can't clear two sheets of paper, huh?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 rebound away from back to back triple doubles.... damn....

what is cuban thinking now???

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0