Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah i pointed out long time ago that Luongo will stay. Shnids will move. You all said no way. You do kow about hockey. There is no way they will do a thing with this team. Unless young Horvat or Jenssen step up and get fifty points each or more. Twins just can not do it all the times. Kesler talks big but net result will be fifty five points, the most sixty.D is hopless they score ten goals between all of them.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps Pens Leafs Islanders Hurricanes Coytoes Oilers Hawks Ducks and Sharks

Are the games I got this year!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth who are you talking about. Torts has no baby guys on that team. They all better lift the head up and play D instead of scating around like balarinas.You will see Bieksa sitting on the banch if he plays the way he did last year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will Bo Horvat make the main Canucks club is somthing that could result in Canucks moving forward. Penticton camp is on. Any of you guys living out there post somthing on how do it looks, is there any one of them getting a job with first team?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highly unlikely that any rookies make this squad outside of those with small amounts of experience already at the NHL level like Corrado.

Horvat is a big body Power Forward, to play that game at the NHL level, well he still has some foot speed to gain and size to put on. Shinkaruk might, only because he potentially represents a wash in point production as Raymond if paired with the right guys as he's already a shifty quick scoring type winger...He's a lot cheaper but won't feature in special teams like Raymond did if he makes the team... Gaunce is the only other x-factor only because he projects by all accounts to be a 3rd line C at best...which the team has a need for at the moment with the smallest cap hit possible as desirable.

based on what I saw last year and the others in the system I truly don't see Jensen etc making the team.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
:mooning::pompous::pompous:I c
Highly unlikely that any rookies make this squad outside of those with small amounts of experience already at the NHL level like Corrado.

Horvat is a big body Power Forward, to play that game at the NHL level, well he still has some foot speed to gain and size to put on. Shinkaruk might, only because he potentially represents a wash in point production as Raymond if paired with the right guys as he's already a shifty quick scoring type winger...He's a lot cheaper but won't feature in special teams like Raymond did if he makes the team... Gaunce is the only other x-factor only because he projects by all accounts to be a 3rd line C at best...which the team has a need for at the moment with the smallest cap hit possible as desirable.

based on what I saw last year and the others in the system I truly don't see Jensen etc making the team.
cant stand by and read this crap. Horvat will make the team. Also can u please go into a corner and tug one out to get over your Raymond man crush. Finally a lot can happen in a year. Go look at the scale aand tell me if it still says the same thing it said last year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslop you might be right if the guy scores like he did tonight. Jensen also scored a goal. I think both will stick around for a while plus Gauce.
Not so sure about other kids. Guy from PG Cougers might get a call from Traves Green. It is fun to read about the team again. It remains to be see what the heck will be goining on this year. Torts might just add more youth and grit.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, I have no man crush on Raymond- In fact I think he might be the most overrated Nuck of all time. Skate a million miles an hour and end up in the corner with no teammates to work with. What I was saying was that Shinkaruk is likely the guy that could step into Raymond's vacated spot based on a skill game and ability for offensive creativity.

If Horvat makes the team I'll stand corrected, however he's a big body player that plays less of a finesse game, these guys don't jump into the NHL unless they have Taylor Hall like skating ability, or Milan Lucic hulk strength.

Again Base: Last night Horvat and Jensen scored, against guys that will (outside maybe 1/2 players) be back in Junior, the ECHL or AHL next year. whoopdy doo! These guys should be playing in all situations right now so they're in form come main camp and NHL Preseason where they'll be playing against men, not boys, and NHL goalies, not AHL Goalies.

Gaunce won a ton of faceoffs last night (again against inferior to NHL competition) and won every critical faceoff. This along with responsible defensive play and good puck placement on dump & chase plays etc will be the key to him making the team instead of Santorelli or Schroeder as the 3rd/4th line C behind Hank, Kesler, and Richardson.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny I see you do like Gaunce. I did see that guy play last year. In my opinion he has what it take to stay with main club. Hovat is way faster scater than Lucic. And I can also tell you he is way smarter than Lucic. He has to prove that he can stick around. In my opinion he will.
Green would love to have him in Utica. Shinkaruk will endup in Utica. Smart skilled kid. Talks bit much on twiter. Traves Green needs size on D and on third line in Utica. You might see one or two other guys go East Coast Hockey first and than endup in Utica. There is a young D guy that loves to fight and is not bad as a D. I am sure Traves will give that guy a look. He loves hard working srapy players.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No termatofylakas, I'm saying Hall is one of the best skaters in the league, I'd humbly suggest he is a hybrid of what one would consider a power forward type layer (Lucic, Evander Kane, etc) and a pure skill player (Stamkos, Eberle, Tavares) Hall gets away with it being so young as he's a brilliant skater. He'd have been more of a perimeter player this young in his career if not for his top 5 in the league skating ability. I AM saying Raymond is a guy with not much skill that can skate ;)

as for you Base: Shinkaruk and Horvat are not allowed to play in Utica, it's Nucks or back to the WHL and OHL respectively. The same applies to Gaunce. You're not allowed to play Minor-pro hockey if signed to an NHL Contract if you have Junior age eligibility remaining.

Horvat is a way faster skater than Lucic yes, but Lucic can bench press a bus, has developed into a proven scoring power forward that can fight and forecheck with the very best of them, starting from when he was still junior age eligible. Lucic is an anomaly. Horvat (so far) hasn't proven that- let's see if Horvat can make the team before we actually start comparing him to Lucic instead of hypothetical discussons.

Horvat is also 4' shorter and 30lbs lighter than Lucic. Lucic and Kane are probably the two best pure power forwards in the league right now, hockey people (those in scouting and such that I've spoken with) say that Horvat projects to be that type of player, style wise... he's 18 and 6' and 200 lbs, likely tops out at 6'1 and 220-225

let's not over hype these guys... how many current Nucks first rounders have played in the NHL? From the 2004 draft one you have exactly 4 players (1 dead - RIP Luc) playing 33 games with 9 points. Why? Because they've drafted shite like Jordan Schroeder & Patrick White or they've traded Schneider, Grabner, Hodgson.

~Love,
Nathan Smith & Josh Holden.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Johnny I though both of them were old enough that they do't have to go to juniors. In that case I would say Horvat has an outside chance Shinkark no way. Gaunce yes. I just think Torts will stick with Santerelli and younger kids will endup in jouniors again. In my opinion kids would be better off to play in Swiss league than junior. All it take is on injury and most never endup in NHL. Junior hockey is very hard on kids. Many teams use thougs to win games. But to see Burk in charge of Calgary it's dam nice. Gillis better keap his head up. Torts might get a job in Calgary next year.I still think Lucic laks many brain cells. Horvat is more of a player than many give him credit.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks kids just kicked the crap outof Edmonton kids. The score was five to two for Canucks. We do know Kyle Hope can dam well fight. He kicked the crap out of Edmonto guy. Gauce getting better each game he playes. Cassels is better than his dad. Future looks bit better for Canucks. We dam well got to watch Burk he will steal all the big tough guys. Bo was not Bo this game. Older kids are stepping forward very well.Traves Green will most likley add two three guys to Utica from Penticton Camp.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cassels is better than Andrew?... hmm.... Andrew had over 700 points in 1000+ NHL games, I think Cole will have to have a pretty good career to touch that.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0