Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dam it no congfue boy could keap Regs doll happy. It would take more like Detroit for happines. The bigger the bag the more storage it has. All's good. He shoots he scores I do like few kids Canucks have for future team . I am sure Burks woul love to read Regs posts.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would even let him drive me to the airport - it would mean I'm going somewhere at least :D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny olderCassels was very good play maker in result he head tuns of points. Cole on the other side loves to go in the corners like a Buston players. Canucks need more Coles in orther to play teams like Sharks La and Denver. Even Calgary will be much tougher side with Burk in control. I am sure youngster will endup with lots of points also. Looks Ok some of the kids Canucks drafted actualy have what it take to improve the main club. Jensen is way more serious this year. Gaunce is about 220lbs this year. It will take him few more days. In my opinion the only guy that will stick around at the end of it all. Along him Jensen as he was in and out last year. You might be right on Bo. He might need onother year in Juniors. Or Green might be willing to give him a shot in Utica.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the rule is ten games before they must call him to main club or send him back to juniors. That's if main club agrees to keap him. I think that's what is going to happen. I can see Bo staying here. The other youngster has skill but I do not think he is strong enough for main club yet. We might even see Gaunce send Santorelli to Utica Comets. Looks like Club is heading in a diferant direction. As far as forwarsd type of play. We will see alot more grinding games than before. Rakia I never tatch that poisen. Beer and that's it. I do read your posts and for most time I do agree what you try to bring accross.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here: http://prospectsannex.blogspot.com/2010/04/nhlchl-agreement-why-juniors-have-to-be.html

Bo, Hunter, or Brendan (since you seem to be on a first name basis with them all- do they call you at home?) can play here for up to 10 games, at which point they've used one year of their contract, which means they're an RFA sooner, meaning they get out of an onerous "ELD" or "Entry Level Deal" (Rookie contract) one year sooner than the Big Club's GM would likely appreciate... They could even theoretically come up and down between their junior club and their NHL Club, but cannot play in the AHL till they're 20...except "Hunter" who due to his later birthday in the year hits a loophole, so he could theoretically play in the AHL at 19. Obviously nobody ever does this because they want to protect the years on the contract... which don't come into effect until the player is no longer CHL eligible.

...Normally this rule means that players play two more years of junior after being drafted before they turn pro. There are two exceptions - the really talented who make the NHL at 18 or 19, and those lucky enough to be born between Sept. 15 and Dec. 31. Those lucky fall birthday players were the oldest in their draft class (a player must be 18 by the year of their draft to be eligible), and are old enough that they only have to play one more year of junior after their selection, then can move to the minors.

capisce?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hunter is not NHL ready even if he is bit older. The other two guy yes. It takes size in the corners against big clubs. Only twins have good enough wheels to move aroud with out huge hits on them. Local kids are more up and down players. I personaly think Canucks will keap Bo or Gaunce here. One will make the team. Gaunce is 6'2" guy 220lbs. He can hold his own. Bo Horvat is bit smaller aroun 205 lbs. He will have no problem. Hunter Shimkaruk would run around like Shroder. To me he needs a year or two yet in juniors or AHL.
I just can not understand why Gillis thinks Santerelli will be able play on third line. In my opinion 15 games and than he will slowley stop showingup. Fourth line no problen for him. Third line big ?????

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give.Me.Strength.

Anyways- Camp opened today- and 4 of the players from prospects camp have been released.

for around the rest of the league, due to the pressure of this VERY tight salary cal this year the amount of Vets on PTO's is astounding compared to what you usually see, being 4th line guys looking for new homes or again vets looking to extend their careers one more year.
* Mason Raymond to Toronto
* Brad Boyes to Florida
* Ian White to Winnipeg
* Gilbert Brule to Phoenix
* Radek Dvorak to Carolina
* Guillaume Latendresse to Phoenix
* David Steckel to Minnesota
* Anthony Stewart to San Jose
* Mathieu Garon to Los Angeles

Steckel would have been an ideal 4th/3rd line Centre here imho.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am i missing something here?

Brad Boyes?

10 goals and 25 assists last year in 48 games and he cant get a contract...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raymond will make the Toronto team. I am sure he will take the pay cut to have mapleleaf on his chest. In my opinion he is on a better team than Canucks. Raymond is better than any fourth line player the team got in the summer. If Toronto makes playoffs again look out. That team is not far off. Canucks need to make a trade with Pantheres,for Pantheres big centre. It might be done in not tolong of a time.
I dont think Torts will putup with two three guys on this team.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clarkson will score less goals than Raymond if Raymond makes the team. You just watch. See The guy that went to Buffalo for Kassian. In a short season 15 goals and thirty helpers. Here they used him for water boy.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clarkson will score less goals than Raymond if Raymond makes the team. You just watch. See The guy that went to Buffalo for Kassian. In a short season 15 goals and thirty helpers. Here they used him for water boy.

If you knew the story, you might understand why he isn't in Vancouver anymore

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's laughable...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horrid game to watch tonight. Of the few vets playing only Kesler played passable. Burrows was mostly invisible while Hamhuis was average. Weise, Sestito & Alberts were downright gawdfcukingawful.

Of the young kids Shinkaruk looks NHL ready as far as pace and ability to forecheck. That goal was awesome, not for the shot, because against an NHL tender that's not going in, but for the footwork to keep the dman from closing the gap. Horvat and Gaunce need more time and seasoning due to their position and style of play.
My humble $0.02

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it not Gaunce who scored second goal. In my opinion nothing is changed. Same old thing loosing to St Jose. As far as Sestiti and Alberts both are big men it akes three weeks before those two get second wind. Both will be fine. As far as Bo and Gaunce needing more time. You will see Bo next game. He is that tipe of player. Gaunce the same. Those kids need to play with older guys to show something. And both will.
Why the hell did they send Cassels down o so fast. Coaches dog house all ready. What the heck.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, this isn't 1989 anymore. If the "Big Men" are out of shape they are not professionals. They are slow tug boats that offer little to the team in this NHL.

Gaunce scored the second goal, he finished it off nicely by keeping a gap on his defender and not overskating the net... aside from that his footspeed needs a lot of work.

as for losing to SJ, it's pre season with about 5 guys playing that will be on the opening day roster.

Cassels went down so fast because he's 18 years old, a third round draft pick, and isn't even 180 lbs yet.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1989 or not thre is few guys out of shape. Thanks for report on young Cassels. See in my opinion he should get better look. He has more skill on the pack than half of the starters. And at 180 he is not afraid to in to corners. I think third round might be more the reason. Watch Bo next game. Horvat is not Slav for nothing. They do't quit. He will showup. Kid line is not o so bad. In my opinion it's the D where we will slide. Way tomany shots get in. Blocking is not there, I know it's a preseason. But none the less you have to practice what you will do in season. If Sestito plays next game he mostlikley will rock a guy or two an his coaches will love him for that. Torts loves a good fight. It brings a smile on his face. I am very happy that Shink is showing why he was selected in a first round. Uki can score. As I sad before. Bo Shink and Gounce will take the spot of twins and Burrows when they pack it in. I give twins two more years before they go back due to kids school. As far as our D in my opinion C- and no more. No tough guy i feal sorrey for Lack and Lui.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0