Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not quite sure how you haven't been added to the Canucks coaching staff yet. Heeding your advice would serve them well.

Edit - for some reason quote didn't come through so the post doesn't make sense. Whoops.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I can say Torts and his grinding hockey is geting points on the board. That MacGin kid from Philly would do well under Torts comand. Philly needs a guy like Schrod from Canucks. In my opinion that would help both teams. Both young guys.
Canacks are slowley getting better. Lui is holding them in the games.
You never know what can happen with Torts. I can tell you Edmonton is going nowhere soon. So much talent and nothing on the point board.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you even WATCH the fcuking games Mr. Freebase? This could be a lot better a discussion if you'd stop posting crap.

I'll try and stir up debate

They are (results wise) not better off than in prior years thus far... at 5-3-0 ...feasting on non playoff teams and losing (and badly) to Playoff teams. I get the argument that it's early int he season and "points are points" but the fact is the Canucks will be lucky to make the playoffs imho. essentially now 10% of the way there.

5 wins all against teams not making the playoffs (Oilers, Flames, Still Winless Devils, Horrendous Philly and Awful Sabres)
3 losses against teams making the playoffs (Sharks x 2 and Habs x 1) .500 at home, with a 5-3-0 record are only +1.

Back to Base...As for Lui "holding them in games" you're out to lunch. Buffalo was a comedy act the other night- Nucks outshot them 36 to 25 and Philly managed to score twice on only 22 shots.

As for "MacGin" (Is that some sort of hybrid Scottish Bombay Sapphire?) he's a career AHL/4th line NHL'er. Why does Van need another Dale Weise? Canucks need players who can score, McGinn scored 2 times against Vancouver in that game, every squirrel finds a nut or two every now and then.

As for Philly, the last thing they need is another C...especially another career AHL'er dwarf like "Schrod" They have 7 players already that play C as a Natural position- Talbot, Schenn, Lecavalier, Giroux, Couturier, Read, & Newbury

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll try and stir up debate

They are (results wise) not better off than in prior years thus far... at 5-3-0 ...feasting on non playoff teams and losing (and badly) to Playoff teams. I get the argument that it's early int he season and "points are points" but the fact is the Canucks will be lucky to make the playoffs imho. essentially now 10% of the way there.

5 wins all against teams not making the playoffs (Oilers, Flames, Still Winless Devils, Horrendous Philly and Awful Sabres)
3 losses against teams making the playoffs (Sharks x 2 and Habs x 1) .500 at home, with a 5-3-0 record are only +1.

So you say the Canucks will be lucky to make the playoffs based on the Canucks play in three games in early October against two of the 16 teams you say will make the playoffs. I think it is obvious, even before the season started, that the Canucks aren't going to be a lock to make the playoffs but judging anything in mid October is a little premature. What's next the Leafs are going to win the cup?

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks are off to their best start since 2005...
Regs - newsflash Canucks haven't beat a playoff team yet.....Edmonton, Calgary, New Jersey, Buffalo, Philli have a combined wait for it, wait for it.....6 wins this year. JUNK. Only games they've lost.....playoff teams....
Proof will come as soon as they start playing some real competition...starts tomorrow morning.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are all brillant if you can predict who is going to make the playoffs....I thought that is the reason they play regular season games? No?

Are you guys just assuming the teams they have played arent going to make it?

fukc Montreal...their shite!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks get the points again. Looks like few plumbers they have added are working out OK. Even Bieksa like Torts. Dog beat the dog. You neve know. Some one needs to bight sharks or they will run away. Colorado 8 and 1 it's dan unbalivable for a dam syko coach.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dan syko coach with a really good young team, great goaltending, and Stanley Cup rings in his ears blocking out comments from Jeremy Roenick. He might know a thing or two about success, just saying.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I enjoy watching the effort on the ice this year! I havent been able to say that for quite a few years.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pitt bull with cliped ears for coach and all is turning out good so far. I am not sure if the boys will keap it up. But Regs Lui is for real this year.
Archambuad is not bad. Big guy fits well on forth line. The other guy the same. Booth man made of glass needs to go to miners for fifteen twenty game to get his hockey shape back. Ever since he got knocked out with the elbow he has not been the same. That's one guy with no luck.
Nucks are for real this year. I like the way twins think this year. Kesler is steping up and playing well. Bieksa is the biggest surprize to me.
Alberts will get ars rash sitting in the stands so much. Burrows is coming back, somone will be going to miners. I hope the club waves Booth. At his price no one will clame him. Sand the man down to get fit.
Edler is togood to be traded. In my opinion big mistake if they do. Edmonton will soon have few guys on wavers. Big Eager would fit well here.
They need a goaley bad. Canucks do have one good goaley in Utica. They should dangle the caret to Edmonton guys. We get two guys they get a goaley from Utica. Both teams make the playoofs.
Torts is for real. For sure outlaw from US. Dam good coach if he stays away from midia. On the bandwagon slowley. Still think ship needs bit more time to sail in. Just never know with Torts.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It goes to show what we were missing over the last few seasons...A coach. Torts isn't putting the best show out on the ice, but he's piling up points. AV had a better/deeper Nucks team over the last few seasons and the team was distinctly average (again playing in a poor division with ~40 free points a year up for grabs)

MSG renos and being on the road all year to date aside, the Rangers are awful under AV...the same team Torts had last year.

For all the abuse I throw GMMG, He deserves a bouquet for signing Santorelli, a low risk gamble that has certainly paid off so far.

I'm not sure playing the wheels off of Kesler and the Twins is an ideal thing to do early in the year, an olympic year, but points are points.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to see Ovechkin last night, what a disappointment! The dictionary will be forever changed

Ovechkin
noun (sounds like floh-ter)
a person or thing that floats.
an non existent person on frozen water
great at water breaks
Anti gay or lesbian

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is one of those few special players that can lie in the weeds (so to speak) all game and then pour in two goals late in a game to turn a 3-2 loss into a 4-3 win.

Had he scored on that penalty shot, or not been awarded the penalty shot or something else early in the game piss him off, we probably would have seen a more fired up Gr8.

also worth noting: He played Saturday in Calgary and then the team flew straight to Van, probably landing around 11:00-12:00 and he was seen at the Roxy Saturday night... Not that I'm not for guys having a good time when they have the next day or two off, but he has a history of enjoying the Vancity night life from his previous visits with the Caps and during the Olympics also.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0