Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Next two games will tell it all

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our National side has posted player roster for the next two games. Not enough changes in my opinion. Rob Friend is a good forward,but in my opinion he needs a partner same size in order for us to get the max points.
What do you guys think.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you post the roster?

The bigger news is Brennan throwing everyone under the bus today - what a twat!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I don't like Brennan, and think he is 100% overrated.
However, he is bang on with his assessment of the CSA.

I didn't see in that article him throwing any players under the bus, he defended both Hart and Daso...He basically is calling a spade a spade.

Mitchell is shocking at best, and the CSA is a joke (no great secret) and who knows, maybe there are others on the bench that do have no business being there.

This is the second blast at the CSA in the last two weeks (bobbaduzzi letting rip last week basically saying that if TFC, L'Impact, and the Whitecaps are not being involved in talks on how to improve Elite Football in Canada then the CSA has "Their heads up their arse")

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Babaduzzi can say what he want's he is no help to Mitchell. They all can say whay they want Mitchell is doing best he can with what he has. Brennan is just an avrage player that should shot up. Things have to change with three clubs that we have in Canada or we have to add a club in USL soley for National program. Caps and Impact have to add more young Canadian players for Mitchell to be able to call up a guy or two. We lack speed and agresion in last third. Only Rob Friend plays the game at that level. We need one more guy like Rob that can go up and win the headers. If we play ground soccer in last third against south American countries they will go home with a win. we also need a pace midfielder that can go up an down and pin point the crosses. This is what I see wrong with our side. Does any one of you guys agree with me? I will post the roster next time.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
who knows, maybe there are others on the bench that do have no business being there.

I am curious if Brennan meant that there were people on the bench who have no business being on the team or that he meant that there are people on the bench who have no business being on the bench (i.e. they should be starting).

I think midfield-forward we have a team that can compete. Defence-back we are sub par.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN,

My issue isn't with what he said was right or wrong, it is with the timing of it all that stinks. Like it or not and it is of the slimest of hopes, but Canada CAN STILL qualify for the next round.

There are a few people who shouldn't be there, there are a few people on the bench who shouldn't be there. When this World Cup campaign is over, I think a lot of players will come out and say how they feel, but they can't right now because of the situation
That last bit is throwing current players under the bus in the sense that he has publically announced that there are players on the current squad who feel the same way but are keeping quiet. How the fcuk can that possibly be good for the current task at hand?

Brennan is completely unprofessional in how he has handled this.

Why hasn't he said anything about TFC not playing more Canadians? The ONLY reason he even has a playing job right now is because the CSA worked to get a stadium in place for MLS.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Regs, in that context you are right, I didn't remember that part whilst posting my response.

But we all know this, and it has been posted elsewhere...People I know have discussed things with a certain few members of the Nats team, and they have echoed those sentiments, albeit off the record.

He can shoot his mouth off now because he knows he is done as long as Mitchell is the gaffer, and that the chances he has of being selected down the road are slim/none and as a parting shot it is a bit shameful, kind of appropriate considering the form of the team of late :rolleyes:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johny that's why we are lossing.Friend plays where real man play and he does well. All we need is onother guy like him and you will see. Most of the clubs down south lack in air balls. Thats how we can beat them. Most of the shot we take are from twenty five range, very selam they give keeper creaps. We have to take the game to them get the crosses and hit the target runner and you will see us up two or three at half time. Our team takes way to long to switch over on a defece to offance passes the clubs have enough time to form a proper D. We have to do it faster and then you will see better resalts. Ten men in the midle it is imposible to get any flow. Mitchell is always a posative guy. But let me tell you he is two games away from going home if he does not get better resalts. Onother guy that will be destroyed due to no system of development.
I wish him luck.Does anybody know of a twenty four or five year old in Canada that has six foot four size and can play and most of all is very good in air? Please post it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no five year old in Canada that is 6 foot 4, your expectations are too high!

:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Eye wounds had just finished healing, stopped bleeding, and now it is all for not.

Freebase,
How many goals has Rob Friend scored for Canada? Answer: 2 goals in 19 appearances.

The reason he scores at Monchengladbach is that he has Oliver Neuville playing off his shoulder...There is nobody in the Canadian side with that class. period.

If Canada gets sucked into playing the longball (What Friend needs to be 'effective' in your world) Then we will be destroyed, simply put, the Canucks need to build the play up and move off the ball, they need to support the flanks better (Which was shown well when Radzinski went off hurt and Hume came on in the game with Honduras, and they walked us once Radz was out.)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You got the wrong idea on what I pointed out. I pointed out that we need a midfielder that can bring the ball in opposing third with much more pace and to be able to cross the ball on to the head of Rob Friend as he moves in to sixteen meter box. And to have one more guy with same air ability. I did not say go and kick and run. We need way more ball movment in the last third of the field in order to beat south American clubs. This is the onley weakness they will have. IF we rty all that litle passes, there is no way. Mitchell does know what Catlif used to do long while back. Thats what we need. More b-lls in the box. We must score two or thee to win.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that Brennan's comments are a bit self-serving and harm whatever team comraderie exists in that group. While they still can qualify I am not sure why Brennan would say what he has fingering guys in the team who he alleges thinks as he does.

To me Mitchell has every right to ask his team members for their support or leave the side so he can go with players who agree with his direction and will play full out regardless of who is picked.

I can see Brennan's views about respect but he is sure isn't showing respect for the players on that team.

As far as Mr. Base's comments about a John Catliff style player is concerned, I am not sure that he was just some big target man in the national team just winning balls in the air. To me he was a lot more than that as a player. He wandered a lot back into the midfield to get balls and had some good skills on the ball for a bigger guy. He spent more time in the MF than up front in some guys (maybe less with the national team than the 86ers - can't remember). It is rocketing balls into the box mindlessly in hot weather that makes little sense other than if you enjoy chasing the game for 85 minutes of the 90.

What Canada lacks is a Dale Mitchell play creating mid fielder who can do what Mr. Base wants but more than just knock in crosses. Mitchell was a terrific play maker.

Yes, the development of players and the lack of a professional league are the bigger reasons Canada is unsuccessful in international play these days.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johny blues you sound like an Argentinian that head the skill but speed was the factor in achiving the main goal. Thats ok . Brennan can say what he wants Canada will be fine with out him. Just look at it that maple leaf looks dam fine. All we need is a A League club soley for the National program. Mitchell and Dasovic running it and in thee years we will beat any country in the World. And a U23 league as a feeder system across this Nation.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0