Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie NHL 2009/10 - Canucks @ Phoenix 20100310

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last game of the epic road trip.

'Nucks can already call this trip a huge success, I have a feeling this one they might pass on though with Raycroft in net, you never know (yes, whatever that means).

Bet window open until 7:00PM Tonight.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukc have you seen Bobby Lu's numbers on this road trip. If anything Razor will be an improvement on Luongo's recent play. I know, he played great last night after he let 4 past him.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been saying this forever, screw numbers, does he win games? As long as you let in one less than the other team. Grant Fuhr was known for that, could be up 4-0, would let in 3 brutal goals but you knew they weren't getting a forth. No one complained about him.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been saying this forever, screw numbers, does he win games? As long as you let in one less than the other team. Grant Fuhr was known for that, could be up 4-0, would let in 3 brutal goals but you knew they weren't getting a forth. No one complained about him.

This speech smells fishy...it almost sounds like it came from someone else;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This speech smells fishy...it almost sounds like it came from someone else;)

Wanna know what's funny? Listening on the way to work some guy called in and started bitching about Luongo and his numbers, and I immediately pick up my phone (well headset, I'm being good now) and dial the Team to remind them of Grant Fuhr and his numbers and how he played. Then they mentioned it 2 seconds later so I hung up. They mind read me :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well I wouldn't say screw numbers, they are important. Of course getting the W is the most important and I totally agree with that. My thing is Bobby Lu is 12-14th in most categories, yes we are still winning, but imagine we weren't top 3 in goals for and instead were 14th. We would be struggling for the 8th place playoff spot. The team wins and loses together but quite frankly the Sedins have been winning us a lot more games this year then Luongo.

I'm glad he is our goaltender don't get me wrong but he should be subject to criticism when he deserves it. Just like Raymond who got benched after a brutal give away. His name has been tossed around with words like great to often. He is solid with moments of brilliance and even more moments of medicocricy. Cloutier also used to get a lot of wins but I was never beating a drum saying it's the wins the matter. I still didn't trust him in the big games. It is great that Luongo won the gold, he got the wins without having to be great and that's all that was needed. For his confidence going forward with the Canucks it gets me excited because I think he gets caught trying to hard to prove his critics wrong and thats when he is his worst. I'm just a little concerned that against a Chicago Blackhawks team he is going to need to be great for us to win 4 games, solid just might not do.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that Luongo's problem is that he is brilliant when he has a bad team in front of him, ie he has to make 40 plus saves to steal a game, even last night he caught fire after they were way down. He seems to struggle when he has a good team that can score goals in front of him (the latest version of Canucks, Canada etc). I am a huge Luongo fan, but that is my impression...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks are doing admirably given all of the circumstances. However, they need to get some more NHL-level defencemen back in the lineup. I admire the try of the guys playing right now, but the likes of Aaron Roam, Cloughie O'Brien and that other big stiff Marv Alberts are not going to cut it, no matter who is in goal.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loungo didn't have to be great in the olympics:rolleyes:

Defence isn't good:rolleyes:

Sedins are not scoring goals:rolleyes:

Some people need to look at some facts....here is a couple to look up

How many top d man have missed man games for the canucks?

How many people have scored more goals then burrows since christmas?

when is the last time vancouver had 50 wins (they need to finish 10 and 7 to get that)?

when is the last time vancouver had 40 wins this fast?

Its people like sir m, bulljive and Lion that will always find faults with the Canucks not matter what....

Fuk I am not even a full Canuck fan and I realize this team has never had this type of talent and this is there bast chance to win the cup.

Don't come back with 94 as they were shite all year and surprised everyone with that run.....who's to say Loungo can't get that hot and with the fire power they have go all the way!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NEver said they were doing anything wrong.

I don't believe we have what it takes to go all the way.
I would love to be proved wrong.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You always need to be looking at what can be better and improved even when winning. Believe me I see the positives as I watch 65+ games a year. I unlike many others I feel we have a good shot at the cup but only if things are flying on all cylinders, we need to be hot. It may be hopeful thinking on my part as the Sedins may find it tough to put their stamp on the playoffs like they have on the regular season. We will need them to carry a lot of the load. Yes I realize they were a point a game in last years playoff.

Are you telling me Luongo's play isn't allowed to be a concern. He hasn't been able to string consistent hockey together for what 20 games now. Having a off game every other night or so doesn't work in the playoff type format. He doesn't exactly have team Canada in front of him. What if Mitchell doesn't come back and Bieksa may be in tough to adjust to the speed and intensity as he struggled last time.

Is Luongo capable of being the best goaltender in the playoffs, absolutly. I think he will have a solid playoffs. I just had some serious daja vu when I watched him in Chicago the other week as they were Picking on his forhand and scoring at will. A few games later he was lit up again but played great after allowing 4, 3 which were saveable 2 which were weak.

I'm personally just sick of the he is our captain and our leader and one of the best goaltenders in the world, I don't worry about him. I personally do because he has never played lights out for an entire playoffs like the goaltenders who have gotten hot.

I realize we are good Franchise but I don't just go tooting the horn about how good we are like a fan that doesn't really know anything. I leave that for Leaf fans, look where it got you, in shambles for a long long time. I am a Vancouver fan, i'm knowledgeable and I like to analyze the team and be hard on the team. I'm the same way with myself, even when I have my best games I am upset about the ones I should have put away. I leave all the positivity for the playoffs because at that point the boys just need die hard support.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0