Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League 08-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter, I noticed that they weren't doing so hot, still looking for their first win. Well so much for the saying that "It's Miller Time". Anyways I'm happy with the team we have in NSCL and wouldn't expect to take anyone from GBH! We could use Lui to put our nets up though!:D

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Shore Re-Cap for Week of Oct 24th: I went 4 for 5 in my predictions last week with the only game I missed being the Seymour v. Malone’s game. But hey, 80% isn’t bad. Here we go: Coveside steamroll right over Norvan 6-0 on the weekend, making my 2-1 prediction look...well down right awful. I thought that after the Vikings game, Norvan would have turned the corner, but I guess I was wrong. Coveside the stronger side throughout. The the only notable players from Norvan being #3 and #11. Coveside now sit in 3rd place with 12 points on 5 games. The 2nd game @ Confed saw Azteca win 4-0. Good game from the Guardians but Azteca the better team. Azteca have 10 points on 6 games with their big win coming in the first game of the season vs. Coveside. Note that if Coveside and Azteca played again right now I think we can all agree the outcome would be very different. Well after joining the NSCL Roma is still on top beating the Vikings 3-0; which for Roma by the way is a low scoring game. Despite giving up only 8 goals all year, it’s safe to say the Vikings need some fire power up front and need it fast. Vikings gave it a good go but were beaten in the middle of the park and up front. Vikings forwards did not look threatening and there is only so many games you can win by 1 goal. Roma wingers distributed the ball very well and put through nice long balls. While we all expect newcomers Hull City to come back down to earth not challenge the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool for the Premiership this year, I just can’t see the same happening for newcomers Roma. Roma play Coveside next and having played the Vikings & NAFC already, the rest of the schedule should be no problem. Nordic win over the Warriors but don’t look like a top 4 team doing it. Sloppy play made it for a boring 3-1. In an exciting game, Malone’s win a close one 2-1 over Seymour putting them both on 6 points. It still a toss up about which will be the better game to watch this weekend Roma v. Coveside or Warriors vs. Guardians but here are my predications as I gotta go to my Hooked on Phonics course.

Predictions for Week 7:
NAFC win 3-1
Roma win 3-1
Warriors / Guardians 1-1
Vikings win 2-0
Nordic win 2

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From a person named "Azzurri" who posted this on another site, in reference to the NSCL:

Azzurri wrote:

"Hey Sir M,

I see you live in the HOOD as well,
What's your prdictions for this weekend?"

Well Azzurri, (which means blue in Latin by the way). In fact there are other related references, such as,

Azzurro-il :which means blue eyes.

Or this one:

Il principe azzurro: which means prince charming:

So not sure if either of those are the reasons for your nickname. Or maybe you are just sad. But enough about that. I actually am not as up to speed as I would like to be on the NSCL this year (although I may try to make it out to the MOTW on Sunday up at Confederation).
But, Sir M will give it shot, since you asked. My prdictions for this week:

Lynn Valley Azteca vs NAFC, by a couple.
Roma vs Coveside, because of the turf, by one.
Warriors vs Guardians. Sir M does not know these teams, but they have cool names. Draw, or rainout.
Seymour vs Vikings. Handily. (Probable rain out though).
Malones vs Nordic. Nordic, led by guy and Tyler in the back, are rounding into form. (Also a possible rain out, or, this one could be postponed due to weather).

Sir M.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, you left before the game got interesting today! You missed a cracker!

I will leave the report to Conductor, and Azzuri!:rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was getting good, but I had to leave, as I actually had told Jessica Rabbit that I was going to the bank, until I ran into my favourite ref. You guys were up 2-1 when I left (TSN turning point I thought was when Sir M went and retrieved the ball for the hoops and got an assist on the ensuing goal off of a corner).

Cside, quit being coy, what was the result finally? Was my prediction accurate?

PS: What is the current rule in this league in relation to how many under 35 players are permitted? Roma looked to have several...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I believe you are correct about the TSN turning point!

(TSN turning point I thought was when Sir M went and retrieved the ball for the hoops and got an assist on the ensuing goal off of a corner).

The only thing missing from Sir M's arm's after the goal was pom pom's in his hands. I couldn't believe the vertical Sir M had in his legs after jumping and cheering for Coveside. The vertical jump reminded me of Micheal Jordan in the mid -90's with the Bulls. As for the game itself, no complaints here as Coveside was hungry and wanted the game more than Roma. To be fair Coveside's keeper makes a big save with Roma up 1-0, game would have been different if Coveside went down 2, but that's the beauty of sports. Credit goes to Coveside for playing a more intense game than Roma. I'm sure the old gaurd in the NSCL are very happy with this result. Onto next week against another tough game against one of the "Big Boys" from last year against Norvan, hopefully Roma comes out with a little more fire in their play!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. Coveside is my favourite team...seriously: ask Cside17. I cheered because it was a well taken goal. But to be honest, the Roma vs Coveside result is very important to staff. In fact, they have had some trouble sleeping recently worrying about this one.

By the way, what was the result?

PS, Conductor come and intro next time...I owe you a favour or two.

Sir M.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. Coveside is my favourite team...seriously: ask Cside17. I cheered because it was a well taken goal. But to be honest, the Roma vs Coveside result is very important to staff. In fact, they have had some trouble sleeping recently worrying about this one.

By the way, what was the result?

Sir M.

Final score 3-1 for Coveside. Overall, a well contested and cleanly played match with no moaning. Other than the result, I wish all games were played like this one.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did not get to see more than half an hour of this one. But from the half hour or so that I saw, it appeared that Roma had more of the play by quite a bit. However, Coveside finished clinically on both chances (actually they were not even chances, they were top class finishing out of almost nothing) that they had.

That will make a difference most weeks. Nice goals, and nice win Coveside.

Sir M.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did not get to see more than half an hour of this one. But from the half hour or so that I saw, it appeared that Roma had more of the play by quite a bit. However, Coveside finished clinically on both chances (actually they were not even chances, they were top class finishing out of almost nothing) that they had.

Sir M.

I'd have to agree Sir M. Roma had the chance to possibly put the game out of reach early with a disallowed goal and some nice chances, but Coveside came out the much stronger side in the second half when the freezing rain and hail came down. Full marks for their effort and victory. Third goal came courtesy an opportune bounce which gave their speedy forward a breakaway from 40 yards in---another clinical finish. They also hit the crossbar twice on the same shot---something I have never seen before!

The only question remaining is...where will Roma drop to and where will Coveside raise to in your most excellent rankings?

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well so much for everyone’s predictions for week #7. Both Sir M and I got it mostly wrong, with the only games I called right being a tie in Warriors / Guardians game & the Vikings victory. Moreover, what the hell happened to the all goal scoring that we have been accustomed to this weekend? Anyways, here we go: Where else can we start except the Coveside / Roma game, with Coveside handing Roma their 1st loss of the season. While Roma controlled more of the play throughout the 1st half, Covesides strong 2nd half, clinical Van Bastin, Suker & Sherer like finishing & hunger to win put them over the top. Roma had their chances to take control of the game but failed to capitalize. As the rain poured down Covesides 3rd and final goal came from breakaway that started half way between center and the 18 yard line. Those are not easy to put away as there is just far too much time for a striker to think. Staying as calm on the breakaway as Christiano Ronaldo over a penalty kick, he slotted in home into the corner. Covesides #20 has a strong game. Roma #17 played well; nice passes and tempo. Coveside move into 2nd place with 15 points on 6 games. Warriors & Guardians play to a 1-1 tie at a wet McCartney. Game goes back and forth with both teams controlling the ball. Both teams will be happy to get their 1st points of the season. Vikings win another low scoring game in typical Vikings fashion, strong defense & slow and steady built up against Seymour. Well played hard game but nothing exciting. Nordic and Malones play to a 1-1 tie in a game that saw both teams a bit frustrated. I thought Nordic would have enough gas in the tank to see them through this game, but Malones battled hard and scored a nice goal. Despite everyone predicting a NAFC victory by at least 2, Azteca frustrated NAFC throughout the entire game. NAFC had at least 4 good chances to put 1 away on what appeared to be a 2nd string goalie but couldn’t convert. NAFC controlled the play for most of the game with #10 leading the charge and crossing the ball like Beckham. NAFC remains the only unbeaten team in the league this season but fall to 3rd place with 14 points on 6 games. We now have a situation where the top 6 teams have 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 points respectfully, with Azteca & Roma having played 1 more game.

Predictions for Week #8

Roma 3-0
NAFC 4-0
Coveside 3-0
Malones 3-0
Vikings 1-0

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I was going to offer you a pint after the game, but you had already left way before that!

Hopefully we don't get bumped out of the top 20 Power Ranking's! That could be one of my favour's!

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I was going to offer you a pint after the game, but you had already left way before that!

Conductor,

I bet the Pint u were going to offer Sir M, u put it back right in your soccer bag with the rest of the beer that u were hiding.
:D

Big Matches next week what's your Predictions?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team starter, I must point out that Sir M did pick the upset Coveside win, as well as the draw between Guardians and Warriors. Nice European references, but Van Bastien tat one year in Euros was the best of any of those others. But I may a bit biased.

Sir M.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagles, I know you are in Hawaii for a wedding but I still don't get it? WOW , the weather is great where you are, or WOW the women are that much more beautiful without winter clothes on?:D

From Maui ................... WOW!!!!!

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 for 5 in our predictions last week is not bad…not bad at all. Ok here we go: NAFC found there scoring touch once again with a 4-0 win over last place Warriors. NAFC remain the only uneaten team in league; they have 7 goals against 27 goals for (which are both 2nd in the league) and 3 straight shutouts. The early season questions if this team was for real can be put to bed, we say NAFC is the real deal in 08/09. Roma took a 2-1 lead on a penalty shot mid way through the 2nd half, but Norvan kept pushing and scored a wonderful header with approx. 10 minutes to go. Glad this one finished in a tie as both teams deserved the point. Coveside rolled over Seymour 6-2 with an impressive display of goal scoring. Coveside takes over #1 spot and appear to be the team to beat. Should pick up 2 wins in their next 2 games but will be in tough against NAFC Nov 30th. Malones & Guardians play a hard fought game with Malones edging the Guardians 2-0. Vikings win 3-0 against Nordic. Vikings were strong at the back throughout the game and did well to control the ball in the middle of the park, but in all fairness had ample time on the ball. Vikings remain the top defensive team with only 6 goals Vikings away to Guardians next where they should pick up a win. This league is still to close to call with Coveside, Roma, NAFC & Vikings still all in contention to take top spot. 1 game could change the results dramatically.

Predictions for Week # 9

LV Azteca 2-0
Norvan 2-1
NAFC 2-1
Coveside 3-1
Vikings 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens