Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League 08-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatapass. I am sorry if we have done anything that has upset you. I get that you would like to have NAFC ranked higher, but last time I looked NAFC did not win against a team that staff were prognisticating should be a slam dunk for an aspiring ranked side this week. Plus, Sir M has recently personally watched your team play. So I have to stand by this ranking. Apologies if that is not in accordance with your views.

But, we here at Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings have a mandate to operate within the parameters of reality. Win one this weekend, and you may move up.

Having said this, we should all probably continue this type of discussion here:

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/o...-ms-excellent-power-rankings-2008-2009-a.html

With all due respect, Sir M.

All good points, however its not about NAFC, or Nordic, or Coveside or any specific team in the NSCL, FVSL or VMSL, its about ranking teams that are in 5th spot and not ranking other teams that are in 1st or 2nd. Call me crazy, but its hard to agrue with that logic. This goes for the teams in the FVSL as well, who in my opinion should get more spots in the TOP 20. Everyone knows the boys in the valley can play some serious soccer. NAFC is not my team and I apologize if I favour Coveside, Vikings, Roma & NAFC this year in the NSCL but its obvious that I do and in my opinion, rightfully so. I have maintained since the start that all 4 teams should be in the TOP 20, and that inlcudes the Vikings, who are slowly gaining ground and could easily take over top spot after their victory (if my prediction holds true) over NAFC this weekend. And like I said since day 1, don't forget about Roma.

Either way, keep up the good work, can't keep everyone happy!

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Shore Re-Cap for Week of Nov 23 rd: Except for the Norvan v. Nordic game I nailed all my predictions. Including the Vikings win over NAFC, which most you disagreed with by the way and called for a tie. Roma missed more than a few chances against Seymour or else it could have been more than 5 goals. But 5 goals in soccer, is still considered a hammering. Nordic, see last comment as well. Good job against Norvan. Coveside win comfortably 4-0 on a pitch (inter-river 5) that looks like it has been invaded by moles. Perhaps, the NSCL admin can inquire about switching fields with the 12 year old girls that get the better field right next to this one (but don’t hold your breath). LV Azteca get the only goal of the game in a hard fought battle and lock down the final spot in the TOP 6. Both Vikings and NAFC were missing key players in their game on Sunday, which saw the Vikings win 1-0 and hand NAFC their first loss of the season. Vikings mid-field was much better throughout the game and controlled the possession. Vikings hit the bar twice in the game and the NAFC forwards did not look very threatening. Coveside is #1 with 21 points and on goal differential. In one week, NAFC drops from #1 to #5 which is a testament to how much the standings can change in just 1 week of play. LV is only 4 points away from #1 Coveside. Now that we have the top & bottom teams set, things will get really interesting really quick.

The bottom half will finish as follows:

Malones
Seymour
Norvan
Guardians
Warriors

The days of 2 or 3 teams dominating the NSCL winter season might be over. We can all agree that the introduction of Roma and new players has strengthen the league and while I’m not even going to try to guess at how the top half will finish, I will offer a few opinions and discussion points on the teams:

Coveside: Solid and know how to win. Don’t posses the pure scoring talent up front but play very well as a team and will continue to win & stay close to the top. Question: Every team goes through a bit of a slide, and are they due for one?
Vikings: Slow & steady seems to be paying off again. Distribute the ball well from the middle, goaltending a bit questionable but solid as a rock defense. Question: Can the Vikings keep winning 1 goal games?
Roma: Excellent fire power up front, very good defense, goaltending average. Question: What happens if one or two of their 3 key guys are out for any reason? What happens if just Fazio goes down? Does Roma then become “average”?
LV Azteca: Slow but somehow figure out a way to annoy teams and get the points. Defense is ok but regular goalie is among the best in the league. Lacking a real goal scorer up front that can win you games. Question: Where do the goals come from?
NAFC: Solid throughout the pitch except the wings. Goaltending very good. Have proven they can score goals. This team is 1 solid player away from pulling away from the pack but as with Roma what happens if 1 or 2 key players go down? In my opinion if that happens NAFC are an average team. Question: How will NAFC now respond to playing solid teams week in and week out?
Nordic: Good overall team, including the D, but just can’t see this team taking the next step and finishing close to the top. No real threat at any spot on the pitch. Will need to play solid as a team to win games. Question: What happens in games where teams score more than 1 goal of them? Does Nordic have the scoring ability to score 3 goals in one game to win it?

Next Week Predictions: Note that all TOP 6 teams are playing each other
Malones 2-0
Roma 3-1
Vikings 1-0
Norvan 2-0
NAFC 2-1

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutapass, that was a good post. But who do the teams you predict to win play against this week?

Sir M.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutapass, that was a good post. But who do the teams you predict to win play against this week?

Sir M.

FYI...

Nov 30 10:45am Confederation Malones vs Warriors
Nov 30 12:30pm Confederation Nordic vs Roma
Nov 30 9:45am McCartney Vikings vs LV Azteca
Nov 30 9:45am Inter River # 5 Guardians vs Norvan
Nov 30 11:30am Inter River # 5 Coveside vs NAFC
Seymour vs BYE

Predictions:
Malones 3-0
Vikings LV 1-1 (Vikings short players due to the early start)
Norvan 3-1
Coveside 2-1
BYE over Seymour 1-0

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
At the bottom I see predictions but not match ups.

shite, you guys are right. I must lose track after 1500 words as well. Anyways, let me take this opportunity to change my predictions as I got the inside scoop on missing players for this weekend...

Malones 2 Hard Fighting Warriors 0

Roma 4 Nordic 1
(plus Nordic coach will attempt to try to stop the game in the 80 minute, as he did before to prevent a 5th goal)

Vikings 2 LV Azteca 0
(plus LV Azteca to beat the shite out of the Vikings players ankles like a pinata during cinco de mayo in mexico city, and then have that look of their face like Tom Hanks did in Forest Gump, as they wouldnt be able figure out what they are doing wrong)

Norvan 2 Always Hard Working Guardians 0

NAFC 1 Coveside 1

There you have it, until next week...

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
To all that keep emailing me. The fat guys shirt in my picture reads:

G_ F_CK
Y_ _ RS _ LF

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY A VOWEL

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Cliff Ave sinking faster that my stocks/pension money in the last month I'm hearing rumors that a "few" guys that play with NAFC in the summer are signing soon. Can anyone confirm? I believe they signed 3 new players this year already from summer #3 and #8 Roman Zilic from Cliff. Not sure of the other guy but i assume he is from Cliff.

Can anyone confirm? Are they signing forwards, defenders?

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
*****nscl breaking news*****

upper management for roma is in contact with big m's agent, big m can't be to happy with the sinking of the titanic!!!!!!!!!

Roma please respond to these allegations???????????

Big m, any truth to this breaking news "please come off your line and answer"?

Will your big wings span embrace the roma offer????????

Enquiring minds want an answer......................................

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CONDUCTOR,

What was the Outcome against "THE BIG BOYZ" in the League LESS F.FAZIO,???????????

HAS YOUR PLANE LANDED?????,Has UPPER MANAGEMENT given you your PASSWORD BACK due to SUSPENSION???????????

HAS BIG M. SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE??

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went 4 for 5 in my predictions last week with the only game I missed being the Coveside v. NAFC game, which I said would be a tie.

6 teams had the distinct pleasure of playing at Wembely Stadium (aka Heywood dirt) this Sunday and all 3 games were very interesting. Norvan edged the Guardians 2-1 at Wembely South. Norvan struck the bar twice in the 2nd half and had multiple chances to extend their lead. A bit unlucky to not win by more, but we can all agree that this is a year to forget for Norvan. NAFC went up 1-0 only to lose 2-1 to #1 Coveside who now sit at 24 points. Reports indicate that both teams were missing players. It would be nice to have both teams at full strength for their next match up, which I’m sure, will be a physical one. My prediction of LV Azteca beating up the Vikings players like a piñata during cinco de mayo in Mexico City held true. LV Azteca received 5 yellow cards and if it wasn’t Rene referring this one had the possibility of turning into WWF’s Wrestle Mania 6 Tito Santa (Ariba) vs. Macho Man Randy Savage (ohh ya). Come on, that had to put a smile on your face! Furthermore, my statistical analysis shows LV Azteca receiving yellow cards at the rate of 6 standard deviations higher than the norm. I’m not picking on LV Azteca but there’s a difference between hard physical play and consistent late and dirty tackles. The game was deadlocked at zero until the 75th minute when a penalty was awarded to the Vikings. Vikings made it 2-0 approx. 6 minutes later. Reports indicate that Vikings were missing players and their starting goalie. Roma beat up on Nordic 5-2 in a game that really wasn’t even close, nothing more to say on this one, Roma the better team. No reports on Malone’s Warriors game. Vikings, Coveside and Roma should find their way into Sir M's Power Rankings this week. Nordic should be out.

Predictions to come once schedule is posted

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roma beat up on Nordic 5-2 in a game that really wasn’t even close, nothing more to say on this one, Roma the better team.

Whatapass...still waiting for Regs to give you your own sticky thread.

Nice recap, but I'd have to disagree with you on this one. No disrespect to the teams we've tied or lost to, but I think Nordic is arguably the best team we faced this year. We scored on the majority of our chances and that was the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0