Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League 08-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does the split work? Does that mean that Malones did not finish say top 5 or so in the first half Cside?

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div #1 plays on turf this weekend after a very long break. Not sure who the hell can call these 2 games after so much time off but here goes:

Both Vikings and Nordic will pick up a point in this grind it out game
Vikings 1 Nordic 1

Coveside will catch an out of shape NAFC off guard and score 3 in the first half and then finish it off in the 2nd . NAFC will be out of contention for 3rd spot after this one
Coveside 4 NAFC 0

No post game report for these 2 games, so if anyone watches them please post comments

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple of big Div 1 games coming up this weekend. Vikings and Coveside could pretty much clear up spots 1 and 2 with victories this weekend. With such a long layoff though I'm sure there might be some surprises this weekend. Both NAFC and Nordic need wins to make it a crazy battle for the third spot. My picks this week are

Coveside vs NAFC - Tie
Nordic Vs Vikings - Nordic with the win in a low scoring affair

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I told you NAFC would crumble like the crust of an apple pie. I heard they played with 10, had injuries and were missing starters. Poor performance on the weekend. Question now is, where does NAFC go from here? I guess they play out the season. Anyone have any reports on the Vikings Nordic game?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coveside gave a beatdown to NAFC 5-1 and could have been alot more if Kenny hadn't stood on his head in net for NAFC. To be fair I believe NAFC had exactly 11 but Coveside only had 1 sub. With that win Coveside has guaranteed it self at least a top 3 placement. They look hungry to finish off what they choked on last year of losing first place to the Vikings, so I can see them attaining that goal this year. As for the second game it was Nordic and Vikings playing to a 0-0 draw. Nordic came out with good preasure but couldn't beat the Vikings keeper. IMO, Vikings keeper was man of the match. Vikings could have been ripe for the pickings today as they were missing players, most notably the Croatian brothers. Nordic I felt towards the end weren't as aggressive in wanting to go all out and get all 3 points. Still a big point for them, but now it looks like the 3rd spot in div 1 will come down to Nordic and Roma. With Vikings and Coveside getting the two gauranteed Provincial spots!

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game between LV Azteca and Vikings. Vikings sweak out a 1-0 victory with a beautiful low shot from inside the 18 yard line in the 80th minute. Vikings keep winning. LV Azteca sporting the new Guacamole green jersey almost tie it at the end of a corner. NAFC got used & abused by Roma. This one was not even close. NAFC missing countless starters for the 2nd week in a row attempted to get the game postponed due to lack of players. Roma dominated ball possession was working NAFC like a Chinese guy in a Nike sweatshop. The game was called early by the always stylin and in control Angelo. NAFC has been outscored 10-2 in the last 2 games which is weird considering they had one of the lowest goals against until 3 or 4 games ago. Seems like a long time ago when NAFC was beating the likes of Nordic 6-2 and the games were being stopped early. Would the real NAFC please stand up? Nordic and Covesdie go on Thursday. Prediction Covesdie 2 Nordic 0

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game between LV Azteca and Vikings. Vikings sweak out a 1-0 victory with a beautiful low shot from inside the 18 yard line in the 80th minute. Vikings keep winning. LV Azteca sporting the new Guacamole green jersey almost tie it at the end of a corner.

I only watched the final 35 minutes or so of the game, but definitely thought LV Azteca were unlucky not to get at least a tie. Very entertaining 2nd half.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm predicting Nordic to squeak out a close one.

Now if only I could predict my lottery numbers like that!

Website says that Nordic won 2-1, did anyone go out and watch it? League exec's couldn't have asked for a better weekend in terms of excitement for Div 1. With 4 teams still very much in a fight for the top 3 spots. The scheduler couldn't have planned it any better with all 4 teams going head to head on the same field in back to back games at Confederation turf.

10:45 am Vikings vs Coveside
12:30pm Nordic vs Roma

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the weekend's games some movement has happened in the standings. Coveside bumps up to top spot after sitting in second for a while. The Vikings after losing to Coveside in an entertaining game 3-2 go from 1st to 3rd place. Well the expansion Roma FC with their 4-0 win on the weekend over Nordic officially knocked Nordic out of a Provincial spot. With the win Roma moves into second place with a huge final game this weekend against Coveside. The winner of this not only win's the league title but gaurantees themselves a spot in Provincials. Coveside lost out late last year against the Vikings for the league title, so this year are hungry for it. Well Roma FC is in it's first year in the NSCL. They have already exceeded any expectations of where they would stand in the league. With most people at the beginning of the year calling for Roma to be anywhere between 4 and 6 spot. Well the league exec's must once a again be happy with the scheduleing as you have the top two teams playing each other in the final game of the season for it all!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumour that Roma knocked off Coveside to take over 1st place in the NSCL today. Any truth to that...Conductor?

PS, how does the NSCL Provincial Cup qualification work again?

Sir M.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes i was at the game today... Roma knocked off Coveside 4-2. Roma wins the league and is officially in the BC's! Congrats to their hard working coach Bernie and to the Roma Squad. Good group of guys!!

Good win for the good guys!:)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I was not talking about you Cside, I would never refer to you by Bernie, especially on this site. I was talking about another soccer guy. Sorry to hear about your problems though, that is not good. :(

Sir M.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to go ROMA, looks like the conductor is once again up for GM/COACH/PLAYER of the year award. Looks like Roma is the team to beat for years to come. Lui should have broke the bank to keep you as they are now a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0