Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League 08-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT17

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a good game. Roma should have got the W, but there was some unfortunate bounces that ended up in the net and Roma nailed the crossbar twice. They could have used some subs... great game though.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roma 4 vs NAFC 4, lucky this game started late cause Roma had 9 guy's ready to play at the original kick off time. NAFC had lot's of subs but I believe Roma carried more of the possession in the first half. NAFC went up 1 with about 5min left in the 1st half. Roma battled back to tie it up just before half. First 15 min of second half Roma came out flying with 2 goals by PCOV's (the one who got away) man, gave them a 3-1 lead. NAFC battled back to tie it, with the second goal being a bit of a back breaker. Not happy with 2 goals, you know who, finished off the natural hat trick to give Roma a 4-3 lead. NAFC late in the game get's a free kick that play's out like a corner kick and bad marking left a player all alone to tie it at 4. Also with only one sub, who I believe was there coach, I believe that they ran out of gas. Roma unlucky not to take all 3 points but as a first year team they will need to learn fast that giving up lead's especially 2 goals in the second half will find them playing in 2nd division of the Coaches League. They don't start to play last year's top team's until the latter part of the first round, so hopefully they will work it out.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roma 's gonna need better numbers than that if they are gonna make the BC's, word has it that Bobby Randhawa would consider a transfer if the price is right. You always could use another lefty on the team.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter, let's not get way ahead here, right now BC's is not even on Roma's radar or mind!:eek:

As for your point, I do agree with you and that's just if they even want to think about making it into the Coaches league first division!
Roma 's gonna need better numbers

Roma hasn't played any of the top teams in the league yet, and they already have tied a game.

ALASKA

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
roma and lv in card filled match my bet because both teams are cheap,divers,fake fouls,etc,lots of cards .maybe a couple of red in this game,italy vs mexico what would you expect.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alaska, that's to much credit for Roma!

italy vs mexico what would you expect.

Italy would have never allowed 3 goals in a half like Roma did last weekend, and to be up 3-1 with 25 minutes left. That's a a gauranteed 3 points for Italy no matter what the situation is!:D

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
roma and lv in card filled match my bet because both teams are cheap,divers,fake fouls,etc,lots of cards .maybe a couple of red in this game,italy vs mexico what would you expect.

Jeez Alaska, you should say what you really feeling, holding all that anger in is unhealthy!;)

lupoman

martinitime:D

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree. I think both teams are the next Sikh Temple in the FVSL Div. 1, or maybe even the next Sikh United in the VMSL Div.2.

I can't wait for the "Despicable Roma" or "Despicable LV" thread to start!

Even though the thread will likely result in talk about linguini and enchiladas, and that cute blonde chick at that Italian cafe on Commercial, I still think the Costco Samosas dipped in that sauce they come with are outstanding!

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roma the highest ranked team in the coach's league according to the power rankings. Wow, that must be the quickest that a new team has entered the top 20.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour? I heard thru the grapevine that the coach for ROMA will be wearing a suit to all the home games this year? Can anyone please verify this? thks....

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard today that Coveside brought their "A" game and knocked off the previously undefeated Viking's 2-1. At last report NAFC was up 4-2 over Nordic who are also undefeated. LV avenges last week's loss by knocking off Seymour 1-0. Warriors on the wrong side of a lopsided score to Roma are still looking for their first points, hopefully they will come next week against Seymour. Not sure of the Norvan, Malones contest but Norvan looked good last week so wouldn't surprise me if they won again today!

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why in the world is Coveside even ranked in the TOP 20? With the only decent win coming over the Vikings (late soft goal), wins over the Warriors and Malones should not be enough to propel them into the Top 20. Easy schedule out of the gate. Coveside should be out and Vikings should still be in. NAFC impress. Missing their top goal scorer against Nordic they still hammered Nordic 6-2. Their 2 forwards have combined for over 13 goals in 4 games and their mid-field simply put "disected" Nordic. Nordic had no answer for #8, #3 and #7 who were in on all the goals. Passing was tic tac toe. Good thing the ref stopped this game with a solid 13 minutes to go on my watch or else it could have been a lot worse. Time will tell if NAFC a the real deal or just off to a fast start. Nordic should finish Top 6. Roma destroyed Warriors and is still the team to beat in my opinion. LV sqeak out a win and do not look solid in the mid-field and also lack fire power up front. Norvan continue to struggle, will to win is there but the quality of players are questionable? I could be wrong but Norvan will not finish Top 6 and will be in the bottom half.

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Shore Re-Cap for Week of Oct 19th: NAFC continue to roll in week 5 of the coaches league with a 6-0 win over the struggling Guardians. Despite two beautiful goals in the first half including a header that just about tore the net down NAFC looked flat in the first 45 (perhaps it was too much turkey). NAFC came out flying with 3 goals in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Credit to NAFC for pulling players and making mutiple subs and not running up the score. NAFC have a bye next week, but still can do no worse than 2nd place even if everyone below win. Guardians played with class and worked hard throughout the game. Kudos! Vikings convert on a penelty in the first 10 minutes of the first half after a vikings player was chopped down 15ft from goal. Norvan golie guessed the right way and came a foot away from saving it. Vikings penelty taker was shaky at best. Rest of the game goes back and forth, with Norvan having several decent chances. Both teams looked a step to slow. (perhaps it was too much turkey) LV Azteca and Nordic play a hard fought game on a wet pitch at McCartney. Nordic win 1-0 but barley. Both team look a bit slow (perhaps it was too much turkey). Afer a 1-1 tie at half time, Roma come on flying and pound in 9 goals in the 2nd half on Malones. Malones looked very disorganized and confused with Roma controlling the ball from defence to offence. Roma simply a better team but perhpas should take a page from NAFC and take the pedel of the medal once the game is won. Seymour put in 5 on Warriors. I don't see Seymour finishing anywhere in the top 5. Great jerseys but lack the talent to beat the top teams. Coverside had a bye. After 5 weeks, I think its safe to say Roma & NAFC are the best teams and should finish 1 and 2. No one so far has been able to stop these 2 teams fire power with Roma averaging 7 goals a game and NAFC 5. Slow and steady Vikings, Coveside and Nordic should round out the top 5.

Predictions for Week 6:
Coveside win 2-1
LV Azteca win 4-0
Roma win 4-1
Nordic win 5-0
Seymour win 3-0

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey conductor, I was checking out the stats of your old team, what the fcuk last place you could probably snag some of their players now. By the way I heard that under their new administration they now have a 4th captain, who is in charge of subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0