Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[North Shore Coaches League] Results & Banter - September 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well another winter season just around the corner. Time to start this up!

Pretty much the same teams as last season, with the exception of Rams and Lynn Valley amalgamating, and playing as Lynn Valley.

Peg Old boy's are probably the early favourites again, have heard they have added some more quality players. Also they have started an over 40's team.

Freybe are losing longtime manager Mike Collwell, as he is moving onto over 40's

Heard a rumor Tee is not playing, as most games are on turf, and hard on his wonky ankle!

Norvan are missing some key players with long term serious injuries, but I'm sure they will still produce a decent side.

As for Coveside, we hoping to put last years nightmare behind us, and have a decent year. Missing the 2 decent Ward brothers, 1 to ACL injury, and the other moved to Taipei, something about Asian women :eek: that and the fact he's a pilot!

Anyone have any information on other teams

I believe most teams have had a couple of practices, and one exhibition game I know about was Coveside1-0 Malones. Any other teams had any games, or going in any tournaments this weekend.

League website is NSCL

Good luck to all teams this season!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: North Shore Coaches League 2004/05

must have been a slow day at work, right c-side.....your tax dollars well at work posting on TTP. Once again Lupo is ever hopeful for the season,picked up a couple of good players for the winter, unfortunately we lost a few....long time Lupite Tim Green has hung 'em up :( , and cronic injuries has forced Dave Jeffs to take a time out..... and Millertime, well, we think he's just being a wuss, but he says he has a knee problem, we'll see about that. Doesn't matter, we're just mostly here for the beer, and oh yeah, a good game of footie would be ok too.Good luck to all.

lupoman :wa:

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Do have to give the Lupoites kudos, as they are always there ready to go! Classy bunch always willing to give their best, and have a pop! Unlike some teams in the league!

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Less than a week until the season opener. Can't wait to get back into it and make amends for our early Provincial departure vs. PAU. Still pissed at that Ref, but I guess his apology to Sir M in the beer garden at the Bby Tournament for 'blowing the game', should make us feel better. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
With expansion of our club into Over 40's, we had a few roster spots that opened up and have been nicely filled by a few quality lads. We coaxed Bakes out of retirement and he will fill in nicely between the pipes. Besty has finally seen the light and figured out he looks good in Peg blue (in addition he has commented on the variety of ales (with citrus) that are contained in our cooler). We also purchased a 4 litre box of Ernest & Julio Chardonnay for the season and that convinced Davey F. to immediately sign on the dotted line. We have also signed a free agent contract with Blazer, who no longer looked good in Lamas Orange and we also added Cst. Bobby J. to the Peg lineup, fresh from a two year stint in the California Penal league. Possibly a couple more signings after Peg travels to the Canadians in PEI, but stay tuned. Should be a great year!!!!!!!
Jags

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

..........with it being the first day of school, how could I have forgotten our #1 Kindergarten teach = Luch is back with the flying horse on his jersey. Only took two veggie dogs and some tofu to get him back on The Shore.
Jags

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey JAGS;

still complaining about the ref about your early departure from the provincial cup. According to the League Website you lost the final in the Summer, what happened there, was the ref responsible too? for loosing to FREYBE

just curious

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GH .......... if you read my post, it mentions nothing about losing (or loosing) in our summer final vs. Freybe. This thread is North Shore Coaches League 2004/05, which would refer to the winter season. However, if you must know and probably posting off topic, bottom line is that in the summer final we did not finish our chances, Freybe's played well and scored more goals than we did. End of story, they won, we lost. Congrats to them and well earned.
As for the Provincial game we lost, all I will say is that the Referee of that game has recently apologized for blowing a call that probably would have won the game for us. Pissed about a blown call - Yes. Worrying about it going into the new season - No. All that is behind us and we are just focused on the upcoming season. Hope that satisfies your curiousity.
BTW, is Gerry Herdenson actually the real name of Curious George ..... or is it just something you thought up yourself??? :D :D :D
Jags

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah JAGS is real as yours. Anyways good luck to you and the good team named Pegasus. Just love to go and watch the battle between your team and Norvan (it's always a good game to watch), but any game you guys play is good as all the team want to beat ya.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

JAGS said:
As for the Provincial game we lost, all I will say is that the Referee of that game has recently apologized for blowing a call that probably would have won the game for us. Pissed about a blown call - Yes. Worrying about it going into the new season - No. All that is behind us and we are just focused on the upcoming season. Hope that satisfies your curiousity.
Jags

Jags,

Couldn't resist posting from the 15th floor lounge @ The Calgary Sheraton (almost as good as the Moore Hotel) and was enjoying your jousting with Herry what Gender are you Son, anyway...the story you are referring to involved the ref from the PAU game backing me into a corner for like 15 mins and profusely apologizing for his various trans...(dont get excited Herry)...gressions during that match including "that goal was the winner...I am gutted we called it back"... :confused: In any event, that was then, and this is now. Hope to get to meet some of the greatest O/35 teams :rolleyes: in Canada again this spring...In any event, we are here in Calgary for the NAPST championships, a few NSCLers are here as well, Eamonn, Marleau, Rob the new guy, and some PAU behemoths on our side...(where are you 5BTs?). Hurry to Calgary and we can all get hammered...bring lemons. :knvb:

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
Jags,

Couldn't resist posting from the 15th floor lounge @ The Calgary Sheraton (almost as good as the Moore Hotel) and was enjoying your jousting with Herry what Gender are you Son, anyway...the story you are referring to involved the ref from the PAU game backing me into a corner for like 15 mins and profusely apologizing for his various trans...(dont get excited Herry)...gressions during that match including "that goal was the winner...I am gutted we called it back"... :confused: In any event, that was then, and this is now. Hope to get to meet some of the greatest O/35 teams :rolleyes: in Canada again this spring...In any event, we are here in Calgary for the NAPST championships, a few NSCLers are here as well, Eamonn, Marleau, Rob the new guy, and some PAU behemoths on our side...(where are you 5BTs?). Hurry to Calgary and we can all get hammered...bring lemons. :knvb:

Sir M

Please tell Eamonn he is AWOl, and better be back for our game on Sunday! :rolleyes: Although I hear Nordic may not be able to field a team on the weekend(rumour), so it's a moot point.

I wish all the lower mainland guy's all the best in the tournament. Post some scores for us!

csidewillberealpissedifnordicbailontheweekend.Althoughwewillclaimthe3points! :eek:

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We will be ready for you Bernie. All 14 of us.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

cside17 said:
Sir M

Please tell Eamonn he is AWOl, and better be back for our game on Sunday! :rolleyes: Although I hear Nordic may not be able to field a team on the weekend(rumour), so it's a moot point.

I wish all the lower mainland guy's all the best in the tournament. Post some scores for us!

Cside

I would not hold your breath about Eamonn being there Sunday...I will not comment on road trip activities, but you too are blood if you know what I mean...plus we have the windup banquet Sat nite, open bar...

Eamonn, Marleau and new Peg signing Jodrey are playing for New West and they won both games yesterday in routs vs US teams (L.A. and someone else, maybe Seattle...), but then again they are in the "Rec" div :p ...as far as Vancouver in the Open Div goes, we did not fare so well, lost 1-0 to New York (A.M.) and New Jersey (P.M)...as Jags would say we hit more bars than Stu Easton on Friday night, (not to mention our 180 person pub crawl last night which included some 100 birds with handcuffs... :eek: ). Any way two more matches in freezing rain today.

PS The Vancouver women's team is on fire this week, led by three players with a combined something like 100 caps for Canada including Silvan Bertini, schooling the Americans and can they party! :wa:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M .......... and here I thought that I would be leaving you, Marleau and Jodrey to a quiet game of footy in sleepy Calgary. If Wednesday night was a warmup, I would hate to see Friday and Saturday night. Ah yes, C-Side .... Eamon was in good shape on Wednesday when I saw him in the pub. He tried to blame it on the flu, but I've seen that look before and it was not the flu. I believe it is something that Guinness does to you, or 12 Guinness does to you. Hopefully the VPD drew a little better luck today in their matches. No game reports phoned in to the mobile as of yet. Big matches this weekend to start the season off, so nothing better than putting on a few predictions (of course not on our game):

Blewridge v. Lupites - Lupo with the win
Novan v. Malones - Tie with Kelvin Purdy with a straight red in minute 1.
Peg. v. Seymours - no prediction as otherwise Jags = Pete Rose
Lynn Valley v. Sausage Boys - Sausage Boys by 3
Nordic v. Coveside - knowing no Nordic boys own a computer (other than Tee), and to stir the pot, Nordic by 2 with the win.

With Sir M out of town this weekend, JAGS has been assigned coaching duties for the Mighty Flying Horses. Taking a lesson from Sven Goran Erickson, I shagged my secretary today :p and am ready for a win on Sunday. Probably not too many coaching decisions with 13 players ready to take battle on the weekend, but that is 13 quality players I might add. :D :D

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

JAGS said:
Hopefully the VPD drew a little better luck today in their matches. No game reports phoned in to the mobile as of yet.

JAGS

Jags, the update from Calgary is as follows:

Eamonn et al got into the rec semis vs the Vancouver Rec team and got out classed in the semi 2-nil, could have been 4. The Vancouver team then got hammered in the final by Peel Regional (Toronto) 6-1 I think it was.

In the Open Div, Vancouver beat Toronto 1-0 in the 1st game, with yours truly with a 22 yard dipper 4 the winner :eek: in the 20th minute. Only needing a point to go through to the semi, we got schooled by St Louis 3-1 in the aft and were banished to the beer garden :wa: . Off to Hy's for dinner with the gal's team, got Silvana's autograph (honest to God I think she could play up front for us easy). Anyway, big banquet tonite, should be some very interesting stories. I am sure Marleau will be setting new records for Hugo Boss cologne application. Good luck to all sides on the Shore this Sunday, and especially to you Jags in your coaching debut...hear that some of the Peg lads are being a bit flaky and are dubious as to their availability...welcome to my world ;).

PS Thanks for the 0130 AM and 0330 calls from the Roxy last nite... :rolleyes:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M .... thanks for the update from Calgary. Maybe we should sign Silviana for up front in the winter. It seemed okay for Anika Sorenstrom, so why not her. Can you grab me an autograph as well ...... she has always been my favorite female player that I have not wanted to shag. Mia Hamm is my favorite player that I do want to shag. Sorry about the calls, but my little red headed Troller friend was placing more calls last night than usually takes place at a Timmy's Christmas Telethon. Had to get a couple in on the Friday night, as much rest is needed on Saturday night for Sunday's match. Based on my success at contacting players, I would think that anybody who will be complaining about playing time tomorrow will be because they played 90 minutes. Tell Marleau to buy a box of Cologne in Alberta, he will then save the 7.5%. To get back on topic, where the hell is Biggs or Kelvin to post on their big upcoming game vs. Norvan. :confused: :confused: :confused:
I'll call with a report on the match right after the game.

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

CSide,

Was listening to the league tape, quite a few interesting results in week 1! Tell us about your tie with Tee et al...also am expecting a celebratory post from Lupoman regarding their 1-0 defeat of Blewridge... :p And LV tying Freybe :eek: Also by the sounds of it, NorVan handled Malones fairly easily...

Heard that a Seymour player went mental and was sent off in our game...Jags?

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Where to start......10 minutes to game time, we have 9 guys, I think they had 7 or 8....really wasn't giving a shite about them, just wondering where my guys were. Both teams had one sub by kick-off, and to be honest, Blueridge came out of the gate hard and controlled most of the first half....but they seemed unaware that the ball is supposed to end up in the net, not over the fence! Second half was a little more even, with the boys in blue and white generating more chances and controlled the play more. Our goal came off a bit of a scammble in front of their net, with Mark Waring just getting a toe on the ball to push it across the line. That was all we needed as they continued to squander their chances. Nice way for us to start the season, if we can get a result and not play all that well, the rest of the season looks bright...if we can get a bit of chemistry happening. We face a much improved Lynn Valley side coming up, a good result for them against the green sausage boys last week, should be a good one. :D

lupoman

lupomanhappytosteal3fromblueridge! ;)

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, what can I say about Nordic, we have tied the last 4 times we have played. Full match report can be found HERE . I was quite surprised to hear Tee yelling lump it up the field over and over again. Seeing how he run's kids soccer camps, wouldn't one think he would promote, smart progressive football? :eek:

Total kick and run team!

Other point that sticks out was Gary Cook playing left back, whinning whenever we made a sub, " quit makin subs your interupting the flow of the game" he was obviously pissed at the fact we had 5-6 subs to their 1. Or as someone on our sideline commented, " he must be having a heavy flow day"

Of course when they are winning late in the game, guess who has to take her time to change a pad, or whatever, every time Nordic has a throw in.

When the comment " throw the ball already, your interrupting the flow" guess who has a fit?

Would suggest all teams go at him every chance they get, he's the one with the long hair and headband!!

Anyway, we scored a cracker in injury time to tie it up!

Disapointed we didn't get the 3 points, but once again "we couldn't finish a pint, if we were dieing(sp) of thirst" :D

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CSIDE,

Still dissecting the Nordic Coveside draw at 12:42 am. You ARE the hardest working manager in amateur soccer.

I thought that a nice lump up the field was overdue since your forwards couldn't pick off the 13 consecutive square balls across our own 18 that we were playing. :D

TEE

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

A much better outting this week, with the boys contolling most of the play for the entire game. We once again made the most of our chances, getting a 3-0 lead by the half, and pretty much coasted to the 4-0 win. Lynn Valley couldn't get anything going, what few plays that managed to get through the mid-field were stoppped by a very solid backline for Lupo. A great start for us this year, not reaching for the cup just yet, it's back to reality with us facing Nordic next week. Maybe we can plan the parade route after that. :rolleyes:

lupoman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0