Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League Summer 2007

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

Any chance your goalie(Italian decent) is interested in suiting up?

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK could be I don't know...he is not much of a summer player, but if you PM me I can put you in contact with him.

Spada always likes to play in the nets.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 up at Griffin, game was abandoned with a few minutes left when Red and Norvan's gargantuan centre back collided. The big man left by ambulance with a suspected broken leg.

Nobody could hit the broadside of a barn in the game -- seemed the same in the first half of the WV/Malones game.

Anti-fan prominent at both games, not in full voice though, maybe post-concussion syndrome? Seems to be a big Bruce Fraser fan though...

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 up at Griffin, game was abandoned with a few minutes left when Red and Norvan's gargantuan centre back collided. The big man left by ambulance with a suspected broken leg.

Nobody could hit the broadside of a barn in the game -- seemed the same in the first half of the WV/Malones game.

Anti-fan prominent at both games, not in full voice though, maybe post-concussion syndrome? Seems to be a big Bruce Fraser fan though...

ColemanJ Were you named after a camping stove? I don't have a post concussion. I am a big fan of Alec Baldwin especially as Adam in Beetle Juice. Rather Ironic, (yes i know what that means) to use the words Alec Baldwin, Adam, and Beetle Juice all in the same sentence when discussing the Malones game last night.

Best supporting actor last night goes to #10 Malone center back with the Intimidating Monkey call. That went out in the 80's, which was the same year I think Clark Brolly had his 20 year grad reunuin. Why wasn't he suited up Sir M.. and thanks for the pints.

Norvan should handle West van, they will pressure them more and they have better finish, i think.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clark is not playing this summer due to a knee injury you chort, same as Jua, Spada, Hillier, D'Auria. We shall have to see if Norvan can outscore West Van on Tuesday...:) Perhaps the win streak will be put to an end, you never know.

I think we will have in goal an actual goaltender for this upcoming game. Not an outfield player with a torn knee, so that may help I guess.

I think this game will determine 1st place...may the best team win.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Both his fibia and tibia are broken. Plates and screws were installed on Friday. 3 months of non weight bearing. Maybe back to soccer in 9 months. Now that sucks.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were just notified that Besty got two games (minimum) for his two yellows last week.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 4 Norvan 1

Hot night! Could have been 8-1 with the chances WV had. No gas in the tank for the undermaned Norvan. It was a shooting gallery. I for one thought I was having a stroke in the heat. Kudos to our Keeper for keeping it respectable.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestVan / Norvan game started well although Westvan spotted them a goal. But Norvan went down to 10 men after guy left with bad hamstring. Neither team had any subs. the heat and being down to 10men and missing a couple key players semed to be the difference. Lane and Fitz played well for Norvan but full marks to their keeper who made a ton of great saves. Westvan kept pressing forward which kept norvan on their heals a bit although they had some chances on the counter attack.

The tree fort is hot!!!!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that AntiFan is becoming a West Van supporter.

Norvan's 1st goal (OG by the WV center back) was an aboslute cracker.

WVFC Labour Day @ Ambleside tournament info coming soon!

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that AntiFan is becoming a West Van supporter.

Norvan's 1st goal (OG by the WV center back) was an aboslute cracker.

WVFC Labour Day @ Ambleside tournament info coming soon!

Don't get your hope up SirM!! Just because I didn't steal any pints from your cooler Tuesday night and it was too hot to yell All Day Long!! i was also sitting with Budai so was on good behavior in order to keep my starting position. Norvan will be a different team next week!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the A cup semifinals in this league are finalized:

Freybe (Vikings) vs NAFC in one semifinal.

Norvan FC vs West Van FC in the other semifinal.

I think (but I could be wrong) that the NV vs WV game goes next Wed at Ambleside, and the Vikings-NAFC affair is at Griffin on... is it Thursday?

Maybe Cside or Anti Fan or whomever can confirm...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Freybe beat NAFC 2-1 on Tuesday, and WVFC beat Norvan 5-3 last night. So its Freybe against WVFC in the final next week.

I must say that in my opinion the officiating in both these games (and certainly in games I have seen since coming back from Palm Springs, where I had to not once but twice bail out...never mind), was really bad, for all teams involved.

Nations Cup this weekend though...certainly the WV player a couple of games back who was targeted and kicked by the opposing player...and retaliated, so they both got two yellows and were sent off, will be fresh for the tournament.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Freybe beat NAFC 2-1 on Tuesday, and WVFC beat Norvan 5-3 last night. So its Freybe against WVFC in the final next week.

I must say that in my opinion the officiating in both these games (and certainly in games I have seen since coming back from Palm Springs, where I had to not once but twice bail out...never mind), was really bad, for all teams involved.

Nations Cup this weekend though...certainly the WV player a couple of games back who was targeted and kicked by the opposing player...and retaliated, so they both got two yellows and were sent off, will be fresh for the tournament.

I know the reffing is bad in NSCL summer. Where should a team go to play?

I guess you will be back next summer? Or there is always other league's that you can join....:rolleyes: :eek:

Coveside beat Bulldogs 4-1 last night, with our favourite Chillean, Tony Orlando look alike Ref. Can you imagine his mood after the Chile, vs Argentina game!:D

Hi Rene:wa:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene is a good ref, but we havent had him once this summer. The referreeing has been substandard in the last several games that we have been involved in, both ways. If you want to kick a team out of the league because I said that on this forum, go ahead.

But it would make things look corrupt, and unfair.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene is a good ref, but we havent had him once this summer. The referreeing has been substandard in the last several games that we have been involved in, both ways. If you want to kick a team out of the league because I said that on this forum, go ahead.

But it would make things look corrupt, and unfair.

Who mentioned kicking a team out, I certainly didn't?:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0