Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Hawks - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1

Series winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Giddy up.

I like this match-up much better than the Ducks in the first round though I still can't believe the Stars fcuked up there big chance yesterday :rolleyes:

Canucks in 6, maybe 5.

Go Nucks Go!

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it's completely illogical that Chicago would beat Vancouver. I mean all the success the Canucks have had against them recently and all. :rolleyes:

:bronco:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Head says Hawks win, Heart says Nucks win.

The Nucks are missing Malhotra bigtime... He's the sort of difference maker that you can't replace with a Hodgson, Bolduc, Lapierre...

If Luongo can get his head out of his arse with respect to the Hawks the Nucks take it in five... but I've seen this movie before, so I'll say Nucks in 6... But I wouldn't be surprised to see them hitting the links either...

~39 times bitten, now shy ;)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got to love CBC.... You would think they would give the #1 team in the league, who happen to be Canadian a Saturday night game... Fckuers... Two Friday night games in the first round?? Come on....

Hoping Montreal get's swept!!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year Niemi got on a run (much like he is this year:(), so Chicago turned out to be much more dangerous. They still have a formidable top 6 forwards and top 4 defence, but it drops off dramatically after that. And Corey Crawford is simply not good enough to stop the Canucks attack, particularly the power play.

Vancouver has their top 6 d-men all back now, although Edler and Hamhuis may be rusty and/or tentative at first after long layoffs. I like the way Raymond is playing in the middle of the third line, as long as he doesn't have to take draws in his own end. His creativity is enhanced quite a bit there. Once Torres gets back, that line will be good again.

Nucks in five.:wa:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks have better team this year but Blackhawks still have better coach. Canucks in seven.
I don't get it. A team with Toews, Sharp, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook and Campbell has to wait until Dallas poops all over themselves to find out if they even make the playoffs. Meanwhile, the Canucks only have one of their top 8 D-men play more than 70 games and still manage to cruise to the President's Trophy, yet Quennville is still considered the better coach?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...he won the cup last year. But with that roster, Bill Laforge would have his name engraved on Lord Stanley's Coffee Mug.:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they........Excuse me, WHEN they, get past Chicago, it will be a HUGE confidence builder for them and will get the ball rolling early to go deep into the playoffs.
This is a better matchup than getting Dallas. The recent playoff history between these two makes it a better series alone.

That being said, i'll be biting my nails until the series is over. :)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they........Excuse me, WHEN they, get past Chicago, it will be a HUGE confidence builder for them and will get the ball rolling early to go deep into the playoffs.
This is a better matchup than getting Dallas. The recent playoff history between these two makes it a better series alone.

That being said, i'll be biting my nails until the series is over. :)
sounds like you listed to rock 101 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HEY NEIL!

THATS WHAT HE SAID WORD FOR WORD!yoda !

VOTEFORyoda

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't stand Rock 101 and don't listen to it ever, so i must have stole it from someone else.
Actually, it's the announcers i can't stand, the music i can live with. Just to clarify

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Yeah, yeah, yeah...he won the cup last year. But with that roster, Bill Laforge would have his name engraved on Lord Stanley's Coffee Mug"

They had (almost) the same roster a year before and did not win Stanley Cup. When Joel Quenneville became available Blackhawks fired their current coach (at that time) and hired Quenneville. Scotty Bowman knew that the team needed a coach like Quenneville to win the Cup and they really did it.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are going to find out within the first 2 periods if the Sedins can play playoff hockey. It all hinges on whether or not they decide to compete.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0