Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Hawks - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1

Series winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet you if they were to start Schneider this aft, he would win it for them.

Sir M

As you were saying........:)

A big question is why the hell is Alberts and Rome ahead of Ballard on the depth chart. There has to be a personality conflict because he should be playing ahead of those two even if he isn't playing that well. If Salo can't go Tuesday, are both of these plumbers gonna be on the backend? Good luck!!!

SF

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently Schneider cramped up and is ok. He has to start again, you would think. Where did Kesler go?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope we dont think we are walking through this series. The Sedins were very quiet last night, and our first star was Luongo's post. Luongo was great, don't get me wrong, but we did not dominate that game. We were over a barrel for a very good portion of it!

Go Canucks Go!

Yoda... Where are you???? You scoffed at this post when I originally wrote it.

The headshot on Bieksa was ignored. What a joke. And someone took a run at Torres as he was rounding the net. No call again. The NHL obviously wants the cup to stay south of the border.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The headshot on Bieksa was ignored. What a joke. And someone took a run at Torres as he was rounding the net. No call again. The NHL obviously wants the cup to stay south of the border.

My problem with the hit was more the leaving his feet a'la Steve Downie. Downie didn't even target the head and got a penalty and a one gamer. Bickell will get nothing, and he targeted the head. I would understand if he stayed on his feet there being no suspension (similar to the Torres/Seabrook hit) but this is getting ridiculous.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really people??? You're blaming the officials for this debacle?? Granted a few calls have been missed here and there, but is that really what the discussion should be about after squandering a 3 games to nil lead?? How about the roughly $11 million starting on the sideline yesterday between Luongo and Ballard. How about the fact that AV is getting outcoached AGAIN. Dave Bolland is being viewed like he's Mark Messier (in his prime) DAVE FCUKING BOLLAND!!!!!

"The Vancouver Canucks, losing since 1970"

:bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Come on, sixfyv..........seriously? Refs have been consistent both ways. Torres deserves to be hit. Cheap shot on Seabrook seems to be ignored by the Canucks fans on here? The hit on Bieksa was EXACTLY the same. Neither was punished by the refs but it seems everyone thinks Chicago should be punished for the hit and not Vancouver. Hmmmmmmmmmm

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The hit on Bieksa was EXACTLY the same.

Maybe you should take another look. Torres doesn't leave his feet, Bickell does. Automatic suspension. He stays on the ice and I have no problem with the hit, but if you suspend Downie for leaving his feet, then you gotta suspend Bickell. Those 2 hits are exactly the same, except Downie got a penalty on his.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Torres got an "interference penalty" on his... Bickell got nothing...

not that any of this is the referees fault, but you can't honestly call the two hits identical, similar yes-identical no.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they're "identical" why did Torres get an Interference Call for "A blatant elbow?" and Bickell got nothing?

The Striped Ones have been equally good/bad for both teams as far as I'm concerned, however seeing that the penalty calls are approx 2:1 pro Hawks, I haven't really seen that big a discrepancy in play...

I have no problem with the Pentaly Shot call last night, I do have a problem with Hank having his stick turned into toothpicks in front of Crawford with no slashing call... Th elist goes on all series where things have been missed and called, it just seems, numbers-wise, a little hawks biased... but rest assured, the officials have had little to do with the Nucks inability to defend as a team and clean up their own zone and break the puck out efficiently.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they're "identical" why did Torres get an Interference Call for "A blatant elbow?" and Bickell got nothing?The Striped Ones have been equally good/bad for both teams as far as I'm concerned, however seeing that the penalty calls are approx 2:1 pro Hawks, I haven't really seen that big a discrepancy in play...

I have no problem with the Pentaly Shot call last night, I do have a problem with Hank having his stick turned into toothpicks in front of Crawford with no slashing call... Th elist goes on all series where things have been missed and called, it just seems, numbers-wise, a little hawks biased... but rest assured, the officials have had little to do with the Nucks inability to defend as a team and clean up their own zone and break the puck out efficiently.

http://www.celticminded.com/forums/images/smilies/tumblr_l9lgi6vkKr1qzx2fh.gif

TTP.......TTP.......TTP.......TTP.........

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think I can even watch tomorrow. What's so crazy about this is that none of us are bandwagon jumpers and we all know what is coming. Lou absolutely flopped on the winning goal. A weak shot from the point and you are on your belly? WTF.

If we lose how the hell do your keep Lou as your goalie. Jesus we just signed him to a career contract. I would say it's Chicago but the same thing happened against Anahiem and in the Olympics.

I have a summer game tomorrow night at 9pm, I'll be one of the other 20 guys (between both teams) that can't bear to watch.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I don't get is how the loss yesterday is only Lou's fault? It's not like Schneider didn't have his moments. Both of the first 2 goals came off his mistakes yet the goat is Lou. Either some of you have vision probs or just don't get sports. He is moving into position to make the save on the point shot and it got deflected hence why he threw up the blocker. I guess he should have knocked the puck to the corner even though it's a reactionary save. Yes I will admit he's shite the bed on occasions but this last game I can't fault him when the game could have and should have been over by then.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to say that if Vancouver plays like this tomorrow then they probably will win as you have to think they will get a few more PP's since they are at home and their GM had a rant about it.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I don't get is how the loss yesterday is only Lou's fault? It's not like Schneider didn't have his moments. Both of the first 2 goals came off his mistakes yet the goat is Lou. Either some of you have vision probs or just don't get sports. He is moving into position to make the save on the point shot and it got deflected hence why he threw up the blocker. I guess he should have knocked the puck to the corner even though it's a reactionary save. Yes I will admit he's shite the bed on occasions but this last game I can't fault him when the game could have and should have been over by then.

Term, there was no deflection.......he was on his knees when shot was taken hence is terrible position on the rebound where he was on his stomach? :confused:

Luongo is starting game 7........everyone knew he was going to start game 7 no matter how poorly/well Schneider played..........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot to mention, AV said that was the best game they have played in the series........and they didn't win? So can they repeat that tomorrow?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I never scoffed at your post, I just had high hopes that 4 was all they needed.
I'm still here crossing every finger and toe. I'm not a part time fan like some.
Nervous As hell but I'm not bailing on them.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Term, there was no deflection.......he was on his knees when shot was taken hence is terrible position on the rebound where he was on his stomach? :confused:

There was a deflection on the initial point shot, Luo changed direction and slipped making the first save, obviously leaving him out of position on the goal. Either way, he's only had 4 bad periods all series (granted, 4 absolutely shocking periods) and was the main reason we've won 2 of the 3 games so far. I have no issue with him being in net, lets exorcise those Chicago demons!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0