Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Olympic Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belarus

It's 3-2 in the 3rd for Belarus.The crappier teams like Belarus and Germany play a tight defensive game which frustrates the better teams ie.(Canada,Canada and Canada).Saying this.an upset in the Germany- US game isn't out of the question.I predict the Americans being tooo over confident will get frustrated by the stingy German defense and come out losing 2-1.Whatever teams the Canadians meet in the semi's and the finals will be squashed by the big RED and white.(no white text available)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-3

Mats Sundin just tied it up in the third period at 3-3. Belarus is not forechecking they are leaving all their players in the defensive end and allowing Sweden to come at them and hoping for a counter. The shots are like 40-15 but the Swedes were starting to panick before Sundin scored.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-3

Belarus up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salo nods one in his own net on a shot from miles out. Magic stuff!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IT'S OVER

it hit Salo in between the eyes bounced over his helmet and rolled in, that was unbelievable. Salo was pulled for the extra attacker but no luck. Great game plan worked perfectly for Belarus.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swedish Touch

Let the Games begin, I guess anything can happen in hockey, feel bad for Salo, he played so well in earlier games and then he goes and does an Osgood impersonation.

Canada has an easier road, but they must stay focused on the Finns, because Selanie is a Shark.

HOSmayretiretheSwedenJerseyafterthisLoss:(

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor old Salo...

I bet Salo keeps his mask on for a while. Tit. Its all looking just a little better for our boys.

I new there was a master plan... but I didn't figure this result into it;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can somebody clarify?

Do the teams get re-seeded next round, or do they just play out the bracket?

TheRobshouldknowthisbuthe'sgettingconflictingreports.:(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GER-MAN-Y! GER-MAN-Y! GER-MAN-Y!

Come on guys, join along -- you can't honestly be rooting for the States on this, can you?

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, ya i would love to see the Germans knock out the yankees but I dont wanna hear them bitch. You know how they are, "ya you guys won the gold but you never played us" type attitude. I'd rather see a Canada vs US final. That way we can take bragging rights also.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very Strange indeed

Keeper,

I've never cheered for Germany in anything. Hell, I didn't even want them in the EEC. Oddly enough though, I find myself, for the first ever time in my 37 years actually wanting the dirty, stinking, filthy, goose steppers to prevail.

I must visit a Neurologist soon as I fear I have Parkinsons disease.

Go. Germany. Go.

May the Lord forgive me on this, a very strange day.

Gaffaandhislittle'tash.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it when a plan comes together -- all the pieces are finally falling into place. Soon TTP will be the official Deutscher World Cup Fußball Fan Club.

:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Keeper
I love it when a plan comes together -- all the pieces are finally falling into place. Soon TTP will be the official Deutscher World Cup Fußball Fan Club.

:D
Not bloody likely unless of course I forget to pay the domain renewal fees due on Sunday and some sneaky Kraut scoops it up :rolleyes:

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hell can only Freeze once in One Day

Keeper

I don't think another upset of this porportion will take place again on American Soil vs. the U.S., not if the ref has anything to do with it (fix if on), the German's would have to get keeping like they did against Canada:eek: .

HOShopingformorecoldweatherinHELL

:eek:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Line juggling

Does anyone know the rule on dressed players??? I previously thought it was 20 (usually 2 keepers, 6 defence & 12 forwards)... Last game Canada had all 13 forwards and 7 defencemen dressed, WTF??? Is there a difference between prelims and medal rounds???

Yours in clarification, Guinness
ps. GO CANADA GO!!! :D :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
98' Champs ousted

The czechs lost to the Russians 1-0 . It was an exciting game but only one goal was scored. Both goalies played well with Khabibulin coming up big in the third period.

The Americans are currently hammering the Germans 5-0, and it looks like they will also move on to play the Russians.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exciting...NOT!

I disagree. With both teams being so cautious (4 men back at all times), it was a pretty borring game...save the last 10 minutes.

Khabibulin is fighteningly good.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude where's your brain

What game were you watching? The czechs had over 40 shots on goal and the Russians had 30. There were crossbars being hit left and right, Goalies making huge saves and it was a fast pace game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was watching the same game you were there Dog.:rolleyes:

Nearly all of those 40 shots were from the outside. There were very few really good chances on net, or point blank shots. Where there were, Khabibulin stoned them (best player on the ice). The pace wasn't that fast because both teams were clogging the neutral zone. Also, few if any memorable hits. I will give you this: had a couple of those posts gone in, we would have seen a different pace for the full 60 minutes, instead of the 10 minutes of fire-waggon hockey at the end.

I guess I'd rather watch a hard hitting game like the display Canada and the Czechs put on Monday. That was end-to-end excitement. But I'll watch anything. A work-day getting hammered at the pub watching hockey makes it all worthwhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0