Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2008 'Predictions and Banter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Reserves are a way better team than their record shows.
We know. So do the Gunners.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders Razorbacks match cancelled due to snow on the turf. Looks like we are in tough next week as we play the Reserves. It sounds like they are finding their form and playing well. They gave us a good solid humping last year so it will be nice to see how we match up this time around.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Athletics Aldergrove Premier ppd. due to snow on the Oval.

As big bag said, two different games last night. We have not dominated a team like we did in the first half all season, and very unlucky to have not finished them. 1-0 at the half. Second half they pinned us for 20-25 minutes. Bizarre just could not get out of our end. They equalized pretty early and then could of easily buried us over the next 10 minutes. Lang up 2-1 with about 15 to go, and POCO tied up not long after.

PKS went down to our last shooter. Each goalie made one save and POCO hit post on another.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
N Delta Lions are a very classy team,,not one bad tackle,,nore one cheep shot or even a bad word said,,The utmost respect for that fine team.
I am very sad to say they beat us 3-2 .
Congrats and hats off to them.
Someone else post what they thought of the game as i am not makeing any excuses. And I dont want to sound byist (sp)
Goodluck in your run at the cup..
Im now going to drown my sorrows in a bottle of 80 year old scotch,,which I was saveing for the Cup finals.

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 ND Lions.....cant say much wasn't there but heard acbc came back from a 2-0 deficit and was all over the lions in the second half. Lions scored with about 15 minutes left then ACBC missed a penalty shot in the last seconds of the game aswell.

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
N Delta Lions are a very classy team,,not one bad tackle,,nore one cheep shot or even a bad word said,,The utmost respect for that fine team.
I am very sad to say they beat us 3-2 .
Congrats and hats off to them.
Someone else post what they thought of the game as i am not makeing any excuses. And I dont want to sound byist (sp)
Goodluck in your run at the cup..
Im now going to drown my sorrows in a bottle of 80 year old scotch,,which I was saveing for the Cup finals.

all i gotta say is WOW...cant believe we could dominate a game like that and still lose...pk in the 90th min to tie and keeper stones us...hats off to lions for capitalizing on the few chances they had!! WOW!!:eek:

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC with prolly 70% possession. Ref was clearly on NDFC's side, but with the penalty in in final 5 mins ACBC should have tied it up. It was truely a cracker of a game. hats off to both teams.

Pass me another beer.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
all i gotta say is WOW...cant believe we could dominate a game like that and still lose...pk in the 90th min to tie and keeper stones us...hats off to lions for capitalizing on the few chances they had!! WOW!!:eek:

wow!! I have never seen a team who had so much possesion spending their time shooting from 35 yards and missing by about 10 yards. I agree ACBC put in a hell of an effort and maybe should have won but poor goalkeeping and a lack of patience around the net lead to the loss.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
your right bulljive, they didn't take their chances well enough, and the defender made a poor decision for the penalty to make it 2-0 ND...

That being said they were all over you guys like a rash...you took your chances well, they screwed a few too many wide.

an earned win for ND, just a little lucky as well...

hard luck ACBC

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
cobras 3-1 over dynamo

dynamo played the conditions way better than we did .... we were all over the place just couldnt string any passes together and diddnt look good
2-1 up with 15 left and dynamo were battering us then with 1 min left got the third on a breakaway tough loss for their guys
oh well we'll take it .. back to league next week ... oh sh1t its us v them again:rolleyes:

special thanks to dynamo for clearing the field of snow so the game could go ahead

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow!! I have never seen a team who had so much possesion spending their time shooting from 35 yards and missing by about 10 yards. I agree ACBC put in a hell of an effort and maybe should have won but poor goalkeeping and a lack of patience around the net lead to the loss.

Big difference between Premier and Div 1. Best Div 1 team/players are much better than the worst and many more goals get created, where as in Premier the top team is really not that much better than the bottom, they simply make less mistakes. Sounds like the breakdowns/mistakes cost ACBC and I am sure they will learn from it moving forward.

It has been awhile, other than Aldergroves run last year, that a team has come from 1 to Premier and made a statement right away. Takes time to adjust your group to playing a good team every week, especially now with a 20 team Div 1. I know this is the Cup thread, but relevant to a point.

Just my thoughts in a other wise very quiet/dull thread. Anyone??

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice win in the first round for Cobras. For those of you wondering, and i know all of you were, my return was a success. Feels about 95%. Although it'll be sore tonight. Nothing some time in the hottub cant fix.

Average game for us today. We had pressure for the first half of the first half and then they took it to us in the second half of the first half. Follow?

Tied at the half.

They took thier home field advantage to us for sure, playing the wind much better than we did.
They had 2 goals called back, one for interfering with our goalie (not sure where) and a second was a hand ball before the finish.

Yellows will hurt us next week as we'll be missing a couple of guys for sure.
Red Bull, I mean, Beaver Buzz, here i come!! Looks like 90 minutes for me.

If i can i'll post some of the game shots i took in the gallery.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro 3 Coachmen 0.

First goal in the first half came against the run of play. I think it was their only shot on net. We generated a few chances in the first half but didn't capitalize. Second half I got fouled in the box and a penalty. I took it and shite the bed. This in my opinion cost us the game as we were all over them and with tieing it up we would have progressed. However, they got another goal as we were pressing against the run of play. Then two of our guys out of frustration losing to a lesser team took their second yellows and now we are down to nine men. They scored their third on a breakaway. I take full blame for the loss and it is unfortunate. But life goes on.

JTL

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya, jokes on us. I posted that before that game had even been played in a bit of a drunken stupor haha. but ya, there was really no question, abby controlled the game from start to finish. the very early goal they got really didn't help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0