Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2008 'Predictions and Banter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWN ALE

Jan 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just checked the website and saw that the round two schdule is already out here you have it:

Surrey Sporting FC D1 vs Aldergrove Warriors D1 or Chilliwack Rapids D1

Dewdney Razorbacks D1 or Delta Metro Utd D1 vs LUFC Athletic D1 or Aldergrove Utd P

Peace Arch Utd P vs Peace Arch Utd D1 or Whalley Utd D1

Winners to play Feb 16/17/18

2nd Round

North Delta Lions P vs Chilliwack Rapids P

Delta Metro United P vs Langley Utd P

North Delta FC D1 vs Port Moody Fury P

Poco City FC Reserves D1 vs GEU Knights P

Abbotsford Mariners P vs GEU Cobras D1

there are a couple of all Premier games in this round again....

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
care to comment O-Dizzle?

Sorry to say, I have to personally say, and I called Ghouse, but I let the team down straight up. I haven't posted in almost a month and a half and I am out due to injury.

I did not play Saturdays game, but it's a disappointing when I play almost an entire season on the best team in the league and get a high ankle sprain.

I really let the team down, that's how I feel. Plain and simple. North Delta would not have been able to win if I was playing. In fact I am out for another few weeks, but it's sad. We dominated the play, and showed to all that we belong in a VMSL premier league, plain and simple. Last post for a bit. Sorry, coaches order.

BTW, Johny BN, thanks for coming out and meeting me, it's always a pleasure. You were great!

TTP for sure.

Sorry ACBC, hopefully I will be around for next year unless I am picked up by Man U,

Peace out,

O-Dog

GHouse is the best man in soccer today, and I challenge anyone to a plain "Eastern Promises fight" if they think differently.

BROWN ALE

Jan 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
theres actually gunna be atleast 7 div.1 teams still left....
and obviously there will still be one div.1 team around because Sporting play the winner of Chilli div.1 and the Aldergrove Warriors div.1

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse,

Tough luck on the loss mate. Maybe missing that league match last weekend hurt both your team and ours. :eek:

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Brown Ale said we won the game but I have give the Aresnal team props as they play a good hard game! They came at us right away and had some good opportunites which worked in our favor as it woke us up and got me in the game right away! After the first 20 I thought it was a pretty even game although there goalie came up with two huge back to back saves in the last 10min's! Overall I'm surprised that they have struggled this year as they played a strong game! Best of luck to Aresnal the rest of the season! On to round 2 vs either Ald War or Chilliwack!

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta would not have been able to win if I was playing

Quite a bold statement from the big man. Three nice goals were scored by ND. All teams miss players, we have 22 signed and had 3 subs last game. It would have been nice to have a deep bench for such a fast pased game.

In this game the break definately hurt us. We hadn't played a game in 5 weeks and were extremely out of shape compared to our last game when we beat POCO. We went up 2-0 early until halftime and then we played a 4-5-1after half which was our downfall. ACBC came at us with everything an tied it 2-2 20 mins in. They had wayy to much time on their backline. Once we then changed back to our normal system which got us the lead we created some pressure and caused a few turnovers which led to the winning goal.

I'll agree that your team can play premier calliber ball (VMSL???) As LFC has pointed out, doing it on a weekly basis as apposed to getting up for one cup match is another story. Good luck to you guys with the rest of your Season...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to say, I have to personally say, and I called Ghouse, but I let the team down straight up. I haven't posted in almost a month and a half and I am out due to injury.

I did not play Saturdays game, but it's a disappointing when I play almost an entire season on the best team in the league and get a high ankle sprain.

I really let the team down, that's how I feel. Plain and simple. North Delta would not have been able to win if I was playing. In fact I am out for another few weeks, but it's sad. We dominated the play, and showed to all that we belong in a VMSL premier league, plain and simple. Last post for a bit. Sorry, coaches order.

BTW, Johny BN, thanks for coming out and meeting me, it's always a pleasure. You were great!

TTP for sure.

Sorry ACBC, hopefully I will be around for next year unless I am picked up by Man U,

Peace out,

O-Dog

GHouse is the best man in soccer today, and I challenge anyone to a plain "Eastern Promises fight" if they think differently.

I find this funny....so many posters biten by the ttp curse.....Rangers supports come on here saying how good they are and that no team will score 4 goals on them...next week lose the cup game and the other team scores 4....odog posts that they are going to win the cup....first game knocked out!:D

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

TTP for sure.

Peace out,

O-Dog

I have seen ACBC play and they are a good team, but how can you lose your first round game in the FVSL Pak Cup and say you belong in a VMSL Premier Leauge:confused:

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
surprising result in the other poco pak game as the mighty rangers lost 4 goals in 1 game having only allowed 7 in league play. I think they were a bit surprised by the talent on the poco reserves:cool:

We were surprised by your reserves, or was that your premier team? To be completely honest, I think that was the only game that we lost where I felt we were out played.
I heard the draw was not so random? We Knew we would play the winner of your prem team or langley prem last week. Like it matters.
It was very dissapointed not to be able to play yesterday, Im not alone, we had at least 5 key players out. I think we could have had a shot to upset some teams, but our problem is our anger management...
Im hoping to get back before the docs orders just to be on the pitch when we spank acbbitch. Personally I have never lost to acbitch ever, and I will bet anything, we wont loose any time soon...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both Delta ands ourselves missed games the week before,,No excuses here,,we lost and im pssed..
We are now going to obviusly look to promotion,,And there are a few good teams that stand in our way,,So we are looking forward to playing those games as we rebound after a loss always with big wins..
TWU RANGERS SPORTING COACHMEN LANGLEY,,Will be a show of character if we can take them all down.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice win in the first round for Cobras..

As mentioned, 3-1 Cobras over Dynamo. It was a pretty even tilt, the cobra's created some odd-numbered scoring rushes which contributed to their chances and we looked tragic in the middle of the park considering we were playing 3-5-2. Officials were not to blame for our loss though having questionable goals called back is back breaking.

The handball goal was actually an incidental contact AFTER the ball had already crossed the line IMO. Poor Phil (Linesman) couldn't get to the goal line fast enough, the intial shot we believed to be in on the bounce (bar and down) and then in the ensuing scramble it hit a hand. The other goal disallowed was weird, obstruction? You guys scored on yourselves and from my angle I couldn't see the play well enough to form an opinion.

Anyhow we did not adapt well during the game and the wind was a factor for sure, however to claim true "home field advantage" in that wind our keeper would have had to STOP hammering the ball up the field and clearly that did not happen. The wind was hard on our D men in the opening 20 as we couldn't clear the ball past the 30 yard mark.

Credit to your guys for the win, good job and good luck next round vs. a tough premier side.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As mentioned, 3-1 Cobras over Dynamo. It was a pretty even tilt, the cobra's created some odd-numbered scoring rushes which contributed to their chances and we looked tragic in the middle of the park considering we were playing 3-5-2. Officials were not to blame for our loss though having questionable goals called back is back breaking.

The handball goal was actually an incidental contact AFTER the ball had already crossed the line IMO. Poor Phil (Linesman) couldn't get to the goal line fast enough, the intial shot we believed to be in on the bounce (bar and down) and then in the ensuing scramble it hit a hand. The other goal disallowed was weird, obstruction? You guys scored on yourselves and from my angle I couldn't see the play well enough to form an opinion.

Anyhow we did not adapt well during the game and the wind was a factor for sure, however to claim true "home field advantage" in that wind our keeper would have had to STOP hammering the ball up the field and clearly that did not happen. The wind was hard on our D men in the opening 20 as we couldn't clear the ball past the 30 yard mark.

Credit to your guys for the win, good job and good luck next round vs. a tough premier side.

the first called back goal was a weird one for us two .... my first thought was he called off side and then realised it was our player who headed it in like a bullit and started making excuses but he did blow just before the net rippled so HE saw something my keeper has no clue and i think if he was bumped or blocked from coming out he might know
the second looked from my angle to be on the edge of the 6 yd line and from head hight he bounced it like a basket ball player

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and showed to all that we belong in a VMSL premier league, plain and simple...

Didn't you guys lose to Cliff Ave. of VMSL Div 1 in an exhibition? or did I hear wrong? Hope not, cuz they're a strong, middle-of-the-pack team and if you can't beat them you probably don't belong in the VMSL Premier, plain and simple......

alphlex

Apr 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the first called back goal was a weird one for us two .... my first thought was he called off side and then realised it was our player who headed it in like a bullit and started making excuses but he did blow just before the net rippled so HE saw something my keeper has no clue and i think if he was bumped or blocked from coming out he might know
the second looked from my angle to be on the edge of the 6 yd line and from head hight he bounced it like a basket ball player

The first call back was becasue the ref thought I was being blocked from getting to the ball, probly a make up cll for a bad corner kick. the second one came as there striker jumped on my back to get to the ball

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the first called back goal was a weird one for us two .... my first thought was he called off side and then realised it was our player who headed it in

That's exactly what I thought, as did one of the "officials"... anyhow moot.

Thanks guys.... nice to see a team tell the level-headed version of the game summary. I am not used to hearing such reasonable point-of-view.

That referee is one of the top available in the FVSL and one of the most highly accredited, certainly he saw something or thought he something each and every time he made a call. I give him the benefit of the doubt despite not agreeing with what happened on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0