Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2008 'Predictions and Banter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Athletic 2, Delta 1.

Nice game report Dude.

We let Delta take the game to us from the start and we almost seemed disinterested in the match.Delta goes up 1-0 about 15 munites in and they deserved it .Late in the first half we have a free kick at the 25 yard line near the top corner of the box and Hazer rockets the set play in the far corner .The keeper had no chance on that one.The second half we took over and pressured them for the most part and with about ten minutes left Matty comes across the top of the box and hammers one against the grain into the top corner again no keeper stops that.Delta pressured in the dying stages and heads one off the crossbar and that was their last chance.Not a pretty game but on to the quarters for us

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
quarterfinals draw has been posted on the fvsl website:

home
Chilliwack Rapids P vs Langley Athletic D1
Golden Ears Knights P vs Peace Arch United P
Langley United P vs North Delta FC D1
Chilliwack Rapids D1 vs Abbotsford Mariners P

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Irishrover you want a game report here it is. As a team we played like garbage. We controlled the ball in the middle of the park but as soon as we took the ball in there end I don't think we got a shot on there goalie. They scored about 15min in the first half and put it by me low corner. Nice shot. We went in to half time feeling like we could really win the game. Second half they scored there second goal on a cross that went over my fingertips then hits my d-man in the head and bouces off there forward to the front of the net where they put it in the open net and third goal was well offside and linesman even admitted after the game he MAY have blown that non call but by that time it was over so no point in bitching about it. Not the way I wanted to end my season!

I would like to send my congrats Chilliwack,North Delta and the Athletics on there wins and moving on in the Cup! I just hope that at least one of you will make the finals. I would also like to say Goodluck to ACBC, Port Moody or NDFC on there promotion for next year!

Best of luck to all!
Cheers

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...Athletics get another tough draw.

It's the Pak Cup and it should not be easy for any 1st Div team to get to the semi's.The only good thing is Chilliwack is working on being Preimer Champs and could be a bit beat up in three weeks time as it is a tight race at the top this year.We can rest our key guys and be ready for a battle

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like all 3 div.1 teams left will have to pull off a major upset to advance. Langley P looks to be a top class team with some impressive victories this year, we'll have our work cut out for us. Should be fun just have to go out there and battle and play like we have nothing to lose looking forward to it!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched part of the sporting/Wack game and sporting just seems to be missing something. In the past they have been a very tough team to play against but right now there are holes all over the park. The midfield is still strong but the offense is shocking and defence well look how many goals they have been letting in lately with a quality keeper. Hopefully Sporting can sort it out because they have some quality players over in that camp.

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive wish ya would have stuck around would have like to meet ya! Your right we have some quality player and we definetly have some holes. We have always taken pride in playing solid team defence as the past couple seasons our goals against has always been strong. There are some issues we have to sort out but I'm confident that Gary and Bal will work those out and lead the team in the right direction. At the end of the day those two guys have worked there a$$es off for this team and they will fix it! Best of luck Bulljive next round! Oh ya I take back wanting a rematch with anyone!LOL

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we drew langley..although they are top two teams in premier im looking forward to this one...we can go into this one loose and compare ourselves to one of the best teams in the valley...either way it'll be fun...no matter which way it goes...later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0