Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Penticton May Long Weekend Tournament

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro United will again be registering both men's and women's teams.

The "Bundlers" will be in full force again!

Anyone else heading up???

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I/m sure we'd (Haney hide yer sheep) love to form a team but we're banned for the infamous mooning the ref during a game due to a bad call?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you probably go up there and are one of those try hard teams that do ridiculous stuff like stretching and warming up...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
you probably go up there and are one of those try hard teams that do ridiculous stuff like stretching and warming up...

no not at all but its shady because Penticton Pinnicles or whatever there called form this "allstar" so they say and don't drink, get plenty of rest and try to win the shady tournament they put on.

i also find that this is career ender tournament as guys go out drunk and hack the sh it out of you from behind. Not worth being able to walk normal for the rest of your life.

If you want to drink and play sports join slow-pitch that way you can only do damage to yourself not other people.

Remember the moto: "When in doubt, hack the bone"

deaner

Feb 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey all, what is this shite about being banned nobody has been banned. I was lining that game and am long over being upset as that was 2 years ago. As far as the Pinnacles or other Try hards we have two divs this year one for rec and one for cash. TTP used to put in a team and we would like to see another try hard or otherwise. The local pinnacles are now in the U21 PCSL so will be putting in a squad of youngsters. Shame that you are calling our event shady...Last year winner was from Williams Lake / UBC

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
no worries... we win our share of games in the competitive side... we just dont warm up. that takes too much energy.

we do, however, make quite an impact in the beer garden.

looking forward to the weekend!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many broken bones and knee injuries last year? There was at least 3 two years ago and before that a guy I work with broke his leg badly and still can't play all the time (GEU).

The weekend is a blast though, I just can't mix heavy drinking and soccer.

deaner

Feb 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah did have a few ambulance riders last year but way less than our October Old Timers Tourney. Too bad that all that good health is wasted on the young. I always felt that when a try hard team meets a drunk team then it can possibly get out of hand.

Cheers

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey...heading up to Penticton for my first year...any tips on where/where not to stay, bars to hit, etc. ???

I want the insider info!!! :wa:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
for the record, we play sober. we commit ourselves to the beer gardens after we are done for the day.

we do, however, tend to play hungover.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Hey...heading up to Penticton for my first year...any tips on where/where not to stay, bars to hit, etc. ???

I want the insider info!!! :wa:

Wings...I'm replying ;)

We've stayed at the Crown a couple of years...ask for the rooms along the backside of the parking lot, close to the pool...preferrably bottom level. Hopefully you'll get some other soccer peeps in there as well to keep the attention away from y'all.

Anywhere along Lakeshore Drive...close to the water.
Bonfires on the beach at night...good times!

Nightmoves...everyone ends up there at one point.
Blue Mule...haven't been there myself but a lot of people head ther as well.

have fun...Jaguars are saving their livers for Kamloops, August Long Weekend.

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody have a telephone number for the tourney organizer??? We sent in our registration and cheque ages ago but still haven't got our confirmation!! Starting to get a little worried...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Registered TTPer deaner is the coordinator... PM him. We too have sent in our information.

From what I hear, there may be a mens rec division this year.

deaner

Feb 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey all you TTPers heading for Penticton. My appologies for not being the most effective at getting back to everyone. I will be sending out more info later this week. Yes there is a Rec div for the mens. pentictonsoccerclub.com has updated info or click on the Okanagan Tourney Ad on this Web Site.

If you had any concerns please email me at deanenv@hughes.net or send me a PM.

Looking forward to a great event

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it getting harder for teams to get hotel rooms or are most hotels still willing to put up with the antics of youth (or the elderly) for the weekend?

deaner

Feb 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, most of the Beach front Motels are good with the teams. It never hurts to have some positive history though. The entire accomodation industry seems to be a little more strict, probabaly due to vandalism and damage from slowpitch teams. We, at our PSC clubhouse encourage antics but rarely share photos of any incriminating nature from our tourneys.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0