Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pet Peeves on the Pitch

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have many, but my first has got to be the liars and cheats who put their hand up for a throw in, goal kick, or corner in their favour when they clearly know the opposite is true.

I hear that this is especially common in the Reek League.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
How about teams from GEU nobody wants to drive out their so **** off and start your own league.

As opposed to Chilliwack, which is on the way home for you?

My pet peeve is referees that feel they need to pump up a ball rock full of air because it seems flat, when the players who actually have to head and kick the ball think it's fine.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
refs who would rather be the main event instead of going un-noticed as they should, and like SM said i also hate those guys on the pitch that want to be your best friend. save it for after the game!!

alphlex

Apr 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
people who stand in front of the goalie on a corner kick. If u move its a foul, and if u get in the way u risk getting hit so whats the point

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda: Spot on with the air in the ball issue. We'd pump the game ball and have a few players check it and just as we are about to kick off some idiot ref would say the ball is flat no matter what. He'd not check it until the kick off so next thing you know the other team has us playing with their game ball.

A variation on that is the game is on for 10 minutes and you are playing a team with lousy ball control skills and they then tell the ref the ball is flat. The next thing you know your ball is in their bag and you play with their ball for the rest of the game.

The good teams usually just play and nothing is said unless the ball is bad.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALPHEX---obviousely to piss off the keeper, break his concentration, and maybe even turn it into his biggest pet peeve on the pitch!
but you're right, why would anyone want to do that :D ;) .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides, not a foul if the player is moving towards the ball. If the keeper has to go through the player to get to the ball first, that's just a pain.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me it has to be the players who overcelebrate by taking off their shirts and pretending they are a human airplane. to make matters worse, overcelebrating goals when the match is out of reach for the team losing is dispicable! where's the class?

manager

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't stand it when players on the team that is just about to be scored on, usually as a result of them being caught dead or out of position, immediately raise their hand to signal for offside and glare at the linesman. Even worse, the linesman ignores them, and these failures as players continue the stare down as they get ready for kick-off. Yes, this is one of my pet peeves.

Another pet peeve is players who do not pull their sock high enough to reach the bend in their knee. The resulting visual is an underdeveloped calf muscle and band to their $40.00 shin pads. Ghastly site! :eek:

Another pet peeve (great topic by the way) are the extra small nut hugger shorts. Enough already!

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys or teams without entire kits matching. never seen a fine for this but see one or two players almost every game.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One player in div 1 VMSL comes to the game wearing a New York Yankee baseball cap, LA Laker shirt, Man U jacket, Detroit Red wings shorts and to boot, holding a New England Patriot's bag. This guy doesn't jump on the bandwagon ever. This while his team loses 8-0 on the day. But he claims he's always been a fan of these teams.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Another pet peeve (great topic by the way) are the extra small nut hugger shorts.

What's wrong with that?
Nothing i hope if your playing in Penticton on an extra hot day, and your trying to impress you VMSL teammates.

Extra small shorts in co-ed is definately acceptable though. There's a few this season that i wouldn't complain about. Girls of course.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forwards who complain about how onside they were "when the ball was kicked", but had there back to the defense and no idea where they were.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boots with the laces covered (making it look like you're playing soccer in clogs).

Headbands.

Sock tape that isn't black or white. Incorporating colored electrician's tape to match your uniform is a sign of the devil, or that you're watching too much Life Network programming.

Fcuking mittens. The worst is when a guy is wearing a short-sleeved jersey and those little black mitts. You look like a goddamn figure skater. NB: the likelihood of losing a finger to frostbite in Vancouver is pretty slim, Boitano. Lose the gloves.

Off-The-Field Peeve not quite on topic:

When you're on the town, or a casual social event, and a large gathering of a particular team is all rocking the custom tracksuit/jacket/sweattop together. Seriously. Who are you guys, the Sharks or the Jets?

This puts people in the same category as "highschool football jacket guy" and "fraternity guy". Like, yeah, no boozing tonight fellas, we've got an optional practice tomorrow at noon. Or, yeah, we'd love to stay a bit longer, but we've got a 1am appointment for some cracker and hazing at Alpha House.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0