Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pet Peeves on the Pitch

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STUCK ON MY HIGH HORSE said:
Really? So what you're saying is that a possession game will work better for us than the kick and run? And that works in div. 2? Well, if it works in div 2, I'm sure it will work in Premier (or 1st, or Cat, or the Abby Rec League, or Canlan Ice Centre, or wherever I end up next year. Note to self: remember this crazy new world strategy).

LFC2, as coach, you need to make it your priority to implement this in Langley next year. That old kick it hard / kick it far thing didn't seem to be doing the job the last couple of seasons.
why don't you enlighten me on the benefits of punting the ball as high and hard as you can then. don't just sit back and mock me and the div i play in. if this is the style that works for you then make a fcukin point and prove me wrong, otherwise shut the fcuk up and let your buddies stand up for themselves! knvb's a big boy and he can handle himself.
i'll be waiting with my notepad ready for your tips on the supremesy of your fave punting style punter!!!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "taped earrings" guy has almost been fazed out of the game, but is still going strong in pockets of society (read: Whalley). You look downright ridiculous running around with earlobes that look like they've been attacked with a pricing gun.

Just take the zirconia out, dawg.

I know years of training have taught you to never let $19 jewellery out of your sight, but the chances of anybody stealing the "ice" out of your soccer bag are slim to none. They're mostly looking to swipe your $900 Adidas 747s. For serious.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
As a striker I much prefer when the keeper uses the shin-toe method.
Ahh yes... the "track ball" technique... solid.

To add, there is nothing finer than a bad bounce that turns a half-volley into at track ball shot. Especially when they go in. But you only see those in the summer league... normally playing vs club i.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oooo... oooo... I just remembered another pet peeve.

Amateurs with their names on the back of jerseys... only for pros, please. The only thing worse is to put nicknames on the back... like Dewdney or whoever the hell the div 2 mucker team it was that did it.

"Hey Ice... pass the ball to Snoop Dogg"
"Hammer... get back!"

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
why don't you enlighten me on the benefits of punting the ball as high and hard as you can then. don't just sit back and mock me and the div i play in. if this is the style that works for you then make a fcukin point and prove me wrong, otherwise shut the fcuk up and let your buddies stand up for themselves! knvb's a big boy and he can handle himself.
i'll be waiting with my notepad ready for your tips on the supremesy of your fave punting style punter!!!
OK, listen up... I'm only going to go over this once.

Punting is used for the following reasons:
1) the last resort when the defence/midfield has not made themselves available for a throw
2) clearing the ball the fcuk out of dodge to give relieve pressure on the defence/keeper.
3) offensively ONLY when the opposition is daydreaming and a striker can be sprung free. In this case the ball is sent OVER the defence for the forward to run onto. Happens very rarely.
4) for fun for Timmy, Millsy, myself, etc to play pass when the game isn't too entertaining.

BTW... the people that hate the mile-high punts the most are the defenders who are forced to head them. Nothing worse than a skyhigh knuckleball coming down squarely on your nose rather than your forehead. Let's set up an exhibition match... i will launch a few towards you... see how you feel after ball #3.

My point is... we know that punts are not desireable... so they are done as few times as possible. When they are done, they should be either opportunistic for your team, or problematic for the other team.

Cheers.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy there Walls, you'd think someone put a bad bag in your tea this morning. Not that you'd know anything about tea bags...

I'm just trying to learn something here, because my ADD got the best of me during that session at soccer school.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice use of the most overused(and might i add the only)pisstake ever taken against me. it'll be nice when one of these days, one of you over 30's can come up with some new material. nice rebutle to my proposal on your punting thoughts though. you obviousely agree with what i had to say and are simply trying to satand up for your needy friends who, like you, use the same pt every single time. you guys should posse up anf get a venn diagram going for some new material. i'm sure you'll be able to jot your entire thought process down on a post it note.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice use of the most overused(and might i add the only)pisstake ever taken against me.
You do mean the only piss take you've ever "got" don't you?

Captain,

I hate it when you do that too.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea, uhh thats what i meant :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
yet another piercing blast from camp comeback.

enough of that for today though........
.......guys that pretend that they're going up hard for a header with no intention of even coming close. they look more like a balluga whale poking up out of the water then anything else. play the miss or try and make your opponent miss the header by contending but for christs sake do something productive. you fool nobody but yourselves.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot of tea then?

I hate it in Division 1 that there is no linseman, just a ref.

Not when offside calls are missed, but on corners when it gets a bit crowded and some cnut full out elbows you or punches you in the head for no reason.
And the ref, watching the corner kick being taken, misses it completely.
I hate that fcuking shite in Division 1.

Can yur Mammy sew a sweater? :p

RF

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
To add, there is nothing finer than a bad bounce that turns a half-volley into at track ball shot. Especially when they go in. But you only see those in the summer league... normally playing vs club i.

Aww sixfyv, you remembered my goal :D ;)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys who cause a peno, and then moan about it incessantly for the rest of the game! No red headed bastard in particular:knvb:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF: good point about no linesmen but I have seen linesmen who were too chickensh*t to call anything when you played Firefighters in former days and that was worse as the ref was relying on them to actually flag fouls.

This is not so much a pet peeve but a fact. Some years ago when coaching Clan in Premier vs Firefighters, Brent Roberts got elbowed in the face and despite the blood the linesman ignored it and it happened right in front of him. His response to me - it was not a foul, your player is just too short!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0