Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pick Team Canada for the Upcoming 2004 World Cup

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goaltenders (3)
Martin Brodeur; Roberto Luongo; Marty Turco

Defencemen (7)
Rob Blake; Chris Pronger; Ed Jovonovski; Bryan McCabe; Scott Niedermayer; Wade Redden; Adam Foote

Forwards (14)
Joe Sakic; Joe Thornton; Mario Lemiuex; Mike Peca; Martin St Louis; Todd Bertuzzi; Shane Doan; Jarome Iginla; Dany Heatley; Alex Tanguay; Rick Nash; Ryan Smyth; Paul Kariya; Glen Murray

You could name 24 other guys and still have a team capable of winning the World Cup - original name by the way, Gary. To name a few... Brewer, Shanahan, Theodore, Aucoin, an so on.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
G:Brodeur, Luongo, Theodore/Turco

D:pronger, Blake, Redden, Foote, Neidermayer, Jovo (depending on the next ten games and playoffs)
R:McCabe

F:Sakic, Bertuzzi, Thornton, Nolan, Doan, Nash, St.Louis, Tanguay, Marleau, Spezza, Lecavalier, Richards
R:Staal

Everyone knows Kariya is gonna be on the team, but I think these guys deserve it more. Staal as the third player u-22, although Bouwmeester and Patrice Bergeron could be there as well, my only question is who does Bouwmeester beat out for a spot? If Jovo comes back and plays the same way he was before he got injured, Aucoin could take the reserve spot as McCabe moves to the top 6. I also think Souray deserves a good look as well as Matheiu Schneider, both based on this years numbers.

Other forwards that deserve good looks:Cory Stillman 69 pts, 10th in scoring; Steve Sullivan 62 pts, 20th; Glen Murray 54 pts, 32nd; Jason Arnott 49 pts, 50th

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate this not being able to edit, stupid $35...
Just to throw another name in there, no one has really mentioned anything about him, which will be the downfall, but he is the leading scorer on the Canadians, Mike Ribeiro 57 pts, 28th in scoring, a +13, and 24 yrs old. I'm not suggesting he should be picked over players like Richards, Marleau, or Nolan, but should definately be considered another name to look at.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate this not being able to edit, stupid $35...
If the $35 is stupid why not get rid of it?

Perhaps I should just save you the frustration and delete your account? Would that suffice?

People were asked for feedback on site support. Did you give any?

Give me a fcuking break :mad:

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what exactly did you do to upgrade"? Who was exactly supposed to get back to you? I'm the only one here to take care of that stuff and I don't recall anything from you asking for info.

So barring clicking on a banner saying Premium Membership or one of the links in the main menu navigation bar, you can click the following link to find more information:

http://www.takethepiss.com/members/

Sorry for sounding rude and ungrateful but sometimes I find it mind boggling to hear people gripe and moan about something they have had numerous chances to comment and give direct feedback on.

But don't.

~Regs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the ability to edit posts is part of the advertised,

"Plus much, much more!" ?

What else can these cheap bastards not do on TTP?

Other than buck up of course?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Done, got the addy, check is in the mail, literaly...last time I entered my info i didn't get to the page with the offline payment method instructions, my mistake

Again, sorry for being off topic

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Canada Announced

Gretzky and Co. have picked there team. Let the arguments begin! :rolleyes:

Goaltenders
Ed Belfour Toronto Maple Leafs (1965)
Martin Brodeur New Jersey Devils (1972)
Roberto Luongo Florida Panthers (1979)

Defence
Rob Blake Colorado Avalanche (1969)
Eric Brewer Edmonton Oilers (1979)
Adam Foote Colorado Avalanche (1971)
Ed Jovanovski Vancouver Canucks (1976)
Scott Niedermayer New Jersey Devils (1973)
Chris Pronger St. Louis Blues (1974)
Wade Redden Ottawa Senators (1977)
Robyn Regehr 80 Calgary Flames (1977)

Forwards
Shane Doan Phoenix Coyotes (1976) RW
Kris Draper Detroit Red Wings (1971) C
Simon Gagné Philadelphia Flyers (1980) LW
Dany Heatley Atlanta Thrashers (1981) RW
Jarome Iginla Calgary Flames (1977) RW
Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh Penguins (1965) C
Kirk Maltby Detroit Red Wings (1972) LW
Patrick Marleau San Jose Sharks (1979) C
Brenden Morrow Dallas Stars (1979) LW
Brad Richards Tampa Bay Lightning (1980) C
Joe Sakic Colorado Avalanche (1969) C
Ryan Smyth Edmonton Oilers (1976) LW
Martin St. Louis Tampa Bay Lightning (1975) RW
Joe Thornton Boston Bruins (1979) C
Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings (1965) C

No Bertuzzi, Lecavalier, McCabe, Bouwmeester, Primeau, Tanguay, Karya.... :(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draper AND Maltby?

This can't be a FINAL roster can it? I thought they were giving Bertuzzi till the 23rd or something like that to be sorted?

~Regs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Draper AND Maltby?

This can't be a FINAL roster can it? I thought they were giving Bertuzzi till the 23rd or something like that to be sorted?

~Regs.
Looks to me like "the Great One" has knuckled under to Buttman et al. Maybe they should put Steve Moore on too and he can take out Naslund really good this time.

The games will probably all be on at noon on weekends, too.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think leaving Rick Nash off the team is a major mistake.

I don't mind the addition of Draper but Maltby is a fcuking bum.

And McCabe basically played himself off the team with that stellar performance in the Philly series.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously Bertuzzi's suspension is the only way he was left off. So taking him out of the equation there is only three changes I would have made.

Regher - for Bouwmeester don't see any logic in that one.

Now they took Maltby, Draper & Morrow wouldn't have been more logical to take Nash, Primeau and one of the other three? i.e. Draper.

Scares me to think that Both Lemieux and Yzerman made it, with both carrying significant injuries. Hopefully they will be at 100% or they should not have been selected. Lecavalier should be the replacement for one of them if they should not be able to go.

Parkhead

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure everyone has hear that Lecavalier has replaced Yzerman.

The new info is local boy Scott Hannan replacing Rob Blake. Got the info from what i hope is a reliable source (his brother better be a reliable source). From what i was told, they are just waiting for it to be announced officially, if it hasn't already and i just can't find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0