Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Practise tips and links.

H

HURRICANE

To: Double In

I agree that "practice makes perfect".
But i draw the line when you have to play with an imaginary opponent. Do you sleep with your darts under the pillow?

GET A LIFE, MAN!!!!! :confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's why your #3 and I'm #2 you won't do what it takes to raise your game to the next level.......:rolleyes:

BTW, your not "playing" an imaginary person your playing me. You just don't like the fact that you can't beat me in real life or on here.

I tried them under the pillow, but it warps the flights so now they have there own spot in the bed next to me.... :eek:

Yours with issues, Double In

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Name change.....

I changed the name of this thread because well.... I can. That and it was going nowhere fast. I like the idea of having a practise thread so as the name states so should the topic.

Hopefully enjoy. :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crushed

I found this link and apparently my form is all wrong. This may explain my recent fall in the rankings. I have to work harder than ever to prepare for Wednesday.

The good thing is no matter how technically wrong my throw it's still ten times better than Sidewinders. So really how far could I fall while I'm re-tooling. :eek:

Click here.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some interesting stuff, Double In.......My number one ranking is in serious jeopardy this week as my arrows were left at school on March 15th. Obviously, I have been unable to practice and of course, my body has been poisoned with alcohol over the last 48 hours...........It will be a very difficult and challenging Wednesday evening for the Executioner.......

Executioner

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trouble for Ex

In a bid to dethrone the number one ranked player, Scud and I thought the best way to do this would be to hide Captain's arrows near the "Mull of Fame". We decided though that this would be poor DCS etiquette. Looks as though the Captain came through for us, and the rest of the membership, in the end. If worse comes to worse Captain you can just use The Power's new arrows even if they are the same as Scud's.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OD~ I was at the Captains studying Scud Brothers game film and we came to the conclusion that all he has to do to beat you three is hit the board. He is however a little lost without his arrows and shamrock flights, but was doing quite nicely with c0cktail weenie tooth picks he found in the junk drawer. It will be close, but I think he can take you three and once again regain his #1 status.

The reds fluttered a bit but greens were on fire. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain might be taking a trip to Dufferin Sports today or tomorrow...........I might have new arrows, so I have no excuses. Thanks for the offer, One Dart(regarding The Power's arrows), but the last time someone lent me something, I lost a fair amount because the flights had been tampered with........It is always a concern as the number one player.......

Executioner

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tips for buying arrows

Here is a checklist of what you should pay attention to when you shop for a set of darts.

2. Take enough time to try different darts. You should spend at least 1 hour for trying different shapes/weights. If the shop doesn't give you this opportunity then it isn't a good shop.

3. When trying the darts don't judge by what you are hitting with them. Only judge by how the dart is feeling. This is important because when you are trying new darts it is very likely that you are more concentrated and careful than usual. This will result in better hits, but it's not because the dart is so good.

4. When trying different darts then first try a couple of darts and make a first preselection. For instance, try new sets of darts that look promising. Don't forget to try darts that look very odd for you, or shapes different from the ones you are used to! Prejudice is not the best thing when you are shopping for a new set of darts, you might find the perfect set where you wouldn't have expected it. One you have filtered out about 4 "candidates" you should go on further examining them, filtering half of them out. Then you have 2 sets left to decide which one to buy (most probably this will be the same dart in two adjacent weights).

5. If you can't get sure which set to buy then buy none of them, not both. If you find it unpleasant to tell the shopkeeper that you won't buy anything after he patiently assisted you in your 2-hour session at the shop then buy a couple of shafts or flights you'll need anyway sooner or later. I'm not the one who suggests to fool around in the shop trying all sorts of darts only to buy them later via mail order where they are 5 percent cheaper. I don't think this is fair. In long term this will only kill your round-the-corner dart shop which will hurt you more when you discover that you are out of shafts the day before that deciding league match of the season.

6. When trying darts bring your usual flights and shafts with you and try with your normal setup. If this is your first set then use middle length shafts and standard flights (this combo is usually the standard supply in the box of each set).

7. Never buy a dart only because it looks so good. Never buy a dart you haven't tried before. This is the strongest point against buying darts by mail order. Of course, if you desperately want this one set of your teammate you had that numerous 180s with the last night, then mail order is okay. But consider point 2. here.

8. Once you have chosen a set examine the threads for compatibility to standard shafts and tips.

9. Check if the barrels of your chosen set have the same weight! This is very important! A good shop must be equipped with scails. Darts should be within 2/10 of a gram. E.g. a set with 22.1 gr, 22,2 gr and 22.3 gr is acceptable for a "22gram" set. A set with 21.8, 22.0 and 22.2 is not. You should do this check for every set you buy, no matter how expensive it is. Some of the well-known companies give you a guarantee that the darts are within a certain weight range (Unicorn for instance guarantees within a third of a percent), but this doesn't mean the set actually is within that range! The guarantee only says that the darts are replaced when you discover a weight range outside the guarantee.

10. Money should not be an argument. Buy what suits you, not what's expensive. Expensive doesn't necessarily mean better (only exception is movable tip darts for steel tip). If you like that $10 set buy it. If it's the $100 set that feels best, then get it if your wallet allows.

11. When looking for your first dart board buy a bristle board. Manufacturer doesn't really matter for your first board. "Bristle Board" is the key phrase. Your first bristle board will guide you at least through the first year of dart practicing. Whether you combine it with a fine dart cabinet or place it on the kitchen door is up to you, but you should look for a chalk board of any kind. As long as it's a bristle board there is no problem getting one via mail order.

Stolen from the above link

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0