Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Pre-season Games

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the annual "2-1 Classic" Sapperton Rovers Mix squad defeated the Richmond United Mix squad.

It was the third of fourth year in a row that the first friendly of the season between the 2 clubs was decidied by the 2-1 score (all in favour of Sap).

Typical game between the 2 sides:
Sap always scores first on what always seems like a suspect goal.
RUFC replies on usually a good goal.
Sap pulls it out late.
RUFC usually has the better chances.
Evenly played games.

Looking forward to next year's 2-1 win:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

Not a bad report but you failed to mention a few other noteable facts from each year..........

1st.......... WAB always insists in getting his money before the start of the game:D

2nd.......... WAB always insists that we don't bring beer to his park:( Something about him being cheap and not covering his fines!

3rd............ and most importantly, WE WON LAST YEAR !

Great night for a game on what will be the best pitch played on by any team this year.

Cheers,

John

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John, You're Wrong!

You won the 2nd game we played last year, not the first.

Very accurate, but you missed one thing.....

john always promises a referee but Sap always ends up supplying with Wilms. "we don't have to pay him, do we?" john says after every game. :D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

Had no idea we played more than one game vs you guys............usually one loss per team is enough for us:mad:

As for poor Wilma, we never pay a ref that doesn't give us at least 2 yellows per game, and one of them has to be for decent! That way we all get a free pass to the cooler:)

Thanks for the game and good luck, you'll need it with your new keeper:cool:

John

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
monday Khalsa vs Richmond United

Hey John is the rumor true, that u have an exhibition game against Khalsa on monday at queens park??????????

Confirmation please????????????

cannibal

Jul 31, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GAME REPORT

John, perhaps you'd like to share with us the game report from last nights exhibition. What's the scoop with this year's newly promoted Khalsa 96ers?

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match Report

Cannibal,

You want a match report on a game that was 7 - nil:confused:

Are you fcuking losing your mind:confused: :mad:

They scored seven times and we watched....

Thanks for coming out:mad:

Leanwho'splusminusratingtookabighit:wa:

cannibal

Jul 31, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
game report

Eeeaaasy,

Maybe a little bit of anger directed at the other team last night would have helped.

What type of football was played last night - American or European.
I wasn't aware you could score touchdowns in these type of games!

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were definitely out played for much of the game. But the biggest difference was finishing. Khalsa finished their dinner, while we created very little up front (in the second half HOS could have easily walked off the pitch and it wouldn't have made a difference - even the chance I put off the bar didn't require a save ;) ).

Khalsa looked good and I'm sure they'll do fine in Premier this season.

Willy McEmbarrassed

sportoitalia

Not Bright
Aug 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey WILLY, you guys did well in the sense you guys played hard for the full ninety, from my standpoint , ninth row in the stands , I could see a lot of potential with your squad, Khalsa lads seemed a lot more composed and fitter, some of them have tons of experience playin high level ball. It was a good friendly and I am sure you guys will learn from it, that's what the pre-season is all about. I agree that the Khalsa Kats will do well in the Premier league. Good luck to you guys this winter. We might be playing Khalsa in a friendly soon.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Result ...

Burnaby Canadians 3 - 1 RUFC

1 - 1 at the half. Late in the second half our keeper left the match with an injury and Burnaby scored two late ones to win it. Well played game. Cheers to Burnaby for giving us yet another pre-season friendly.

Willy

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was getting very dark

Willy,

I think it should be amended to 2-1 as it was getting quite dark and the brave backup keeps must of had a terrible time with seeing the ball!!

Leanwhocansaythatplayinginnetisharderthanitlooks

ps.. The second goal was a blinder off of the Goldmembers. Again how could you blame the poor goalie:wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey U vs. Sapperton this Saturday at 4:00. (I think.)

WAB, please tell me you're playing. I have to miss our regular season game and need to get my shots in on you now. ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

We are also in the Burnaby tourney, so many of the Premier lads will miss out.

:knvb: what the fcuk is this?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap CAT 1 - Surrey U 'A' 5

Surrey U wins it going away (KNVB was proud of his header in the last minute). Surrey had 9 Premier players and needed everyone of them when it was 2-1 midway through the 2nd half. Smiles let in a brutal goal:eek:

Back to the drawing board, but some great talent and an excellent future for Sap.

Side note...
Dalpimple's English accent is very strong these days.....did he just get back from the UK, or is he a Carl Valentine wannabe? 25 years in Canada and that fcuk's accent is as strong as ever.:rolleyes:

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth be told

Smiles let in a brutal goal? Bob, It was almost an own goal off our center back. What do you do when one of our players sets your guy up with a perfect pass on the goal line. Any way the 5-1 result is not what's important it is that both teams got that much closer to getting ready for the start of the league next week. Good seeing you.

Cheers,

Smiles

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was very proud of my goal, but not as proud as I should have been if I hadn't missed that sitter in the first.

I did love the youthful enthusiasm of Sapp's Cat squad though, there are some pretty good players and Bob's boasting of the future isn't to far off. Now if Reccos can only get them to stay on their feet for more than 10mins they'll have a chance. Do you guys practice the Slide tackle or are these guys that fearless of injury. I knew Sapp was full muckers but it was getting a bit much. ;)

BTW, there was only 6 premier guys out and I sucked so that makes 5. :rolleyes:.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0